Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
do you agree or dis agree cig. smoking Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you agree or dis agree cig. smoking
  I agree
  I disagree
View Results

tommy_flory

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:12 pm
do you agree or dis agree cig. smoking  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:13 pm
i agree to smoking  

tommy_flory

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:14 pm
Smoking sucks.

Nuff said.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Dude, wrong Forum.

Read the rules, please.

And don't double post.

~Lyss The One In The Back

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:27 pm
Lyss The One In The Back
Dude, wrong Forum.

Read the rules, please.

And don't double post.

wrong forum? as far as i know hes fine posting this here, you can post just about anything here as long as it is not spam.

I dont like smoking. It destroys the body and kills 100s of people every year. I fear that one day my own mother will be one of those people.. because the more she smokes the sicker she looks and its just a matter of time before she gets some type of cancer.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:36 pm
NeonKitty
Lyss The One In The Back
Dude, wrong Forum.

Read the rules, please.

And don't double post.

wrong forum? as far as i know hes fine posting this here, you can post just about anything here as long as it is not spam.

I dont like smoking. It destroys the body and kills 100s of people every year. I fear that one day my own mother will be one of those people.. because the more she smokes the sicker she looks and its just a matter of time before she gets some type of cancer.

I guess you're right, Neon. Sorry for the mistake. I was distracted.

As for topic....

I'm going from both sides. Although smoking is bad for one's health, it's the person's freedom of speech as to whether or not to quit. If they can't see the hazardous danger from the get-go, then I blame them.

However, I blame the Cigarette companies for leaving information off of their cartons, as well as adding chemicals to the tobacco itself. If they could at least make the surgeon general's message appear on the front and back of the carton rather than the side, I would be one more happier person.

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

Clefaiiry

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:49 pm
Personally, I'm against it.
It destroys so many families a year when the smoker dies of cancer...

It's sad.
My parents times are coming up, since they've both smoked since they were teens.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:54 pm
Cigarettes have more toxens in them than poison. Including TAR. Who wants to suck tar? Not me! Plus, my respitory system is so crap i would probably die after one smoke... xd  

MonsieurSponge

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:04 pm
I'm against smoking, but whoever likes to smoke; be my guest. So long as you don't smoke near me, its your life you're burning away. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:55 pm
I smoke a little. I think some of the new laws in Arizona are starting to get dumb. Have to be like 20 ft. away from a building to smoke, so like what, out in the middle of the street?  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Atypical Mule

Devoted Vegetarian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:05 pm
i choose the "agree" option, altough i quited smoking.
in many cultures smoking is an act of cleansing ur body and spirit, and to many others just as bad habit, but... since they dont bother me i wont persecute them. nuff said i thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:52 pm
cigarettes are pathetic attempts to escape from current life and stress, there are healthier ways but some people just like to smoke. xD  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

lord_darkness 59

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:00 pm
smoking is bad for your health and it sucks ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:42 pm
Personally i disagree with smoking. It kills, and it smells disguisting. Its also a pretty damn retarded thing to do in my opinion, i mean who wants to kill themselves slowly and painfully? I mean, really...it also killed my grandma (she started smoking back when doctors recommended it for health and stopped when they found it was unhealthy, quite a few years later)

It is people's personal preference to smoke, but do it away from me

As a side note, in New Zealand the cigarette companies do put their warning signs on the front, i think its the same as they do in Britain. Im not sure if our number of smokers is any lower than in the US though. And you're also not allowed to smoke in enclosed public places any more, including bars, restaurants and cafes. Yay! 4laugh  

Iconised Ghost

AlaskaStreet

Newbie Feeder

9,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:47 pm
I personally can't stand being around smokers (I'm allergic) so I'd never smoke or date a smoker. But it is the person's choice to smoke. I just hope it was an informed one. The media's been talking about the dangers of smoking and that's pretty good.

I'm really glad that places are starting to go non-smoking. Just as it's their choice to smoke, it's our right to not have to catch a whiff of it in a public space.

Besides, those things are really freaking expensive. x__X

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces