Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
do you agree or dis agree cig. smoking Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you agree or dis agree cig. smoking
  I agree
  I disagree
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:49 pm
so are lung transplants >.<  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:28 pm
I disagree with every aspect of cigarette smoking, but I don't get go around telling people to stop. If people want to poison themselves that's their own thing. I simply choose to stand WAY away from them.  

sephiroth042

Alienor Kaze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:24 am
On a personal statement, I don't like cigarettes and I don't smoke. In regards to other people, well, it's their own option. Yeah, I find smoking to be a disgusting habit and all, but, you know, who the hell am I to try and force other people not to smoke. they like it, and they're willing to take the risk, right? So let them.

Speaking of which, I get very ill when I'm around cigarette smoke, so that's one of the biggest reasons why I don't do it. The other reason is because I fear for my own lungs. Some people who smoke a crap ton of packs a day have to drill lungs in their throats so it's easier for them to breathe. Do I want to walk around with a hole in my lungs? HELL NO.

And speaking of stupid laws, some states are also banning smoking from clubs and bars. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Why else the hell do people go to places like that? Why don't they just make a non-smoking area and just finish it at that? Why take away other peoples' liberities? Or they could just make a separate non-smokers bar/club amd make it equally as nice... or somehting like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:49 am
The only thing that really pisses me off about smoking is that teenagers smoke to act "cool".
OH YEA, So ******** cool, destroying your respiratory system with every puff.
They have no excuse to smoke, they had the information about it and how it's extremely bad for you, old folk didn't, they thought it was good for them back in the olden days they have an excuse for being addicted to cigarettes.
I don't have anything against marijuana though, at least you get something out of it when you smoke it.  

Pirate-Wolfe

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:44 pm
kaze no sakura
On a personal statement, I don't like cigarettes and I don't smoke. In regards to other people, well, it's their own option. Yeah, I find smoking to be a disgusting habit and all, but, you know, who the hell am I to try and force other people not to smoke. they like it, and they're willing to take the risk, right? So let them.

Speaking of which, I get very ill when I'm around cigarette smoke, so that's one of the biggest reasons why I don't do it. The other reason is because I fear for my own lungs. Some people who smoke a crap ton of packs a day have to drill lungs in their throats so it's easier for them to breathe. Do I want to walk around with a hole in my lungs? HELL NO.

And speaking of stupid laws, some states are also banning smoking from clubs and bars. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Why else the hell do people go to places like that? Why don't they just make a non-smoking area and just finish it at that? Why take away other peoples' liberities? Or they could just make a separate non-smokers bar/club amd make it equally as nice... or somehting like that.

they made all places like that smoke free here. I think its a good idea. Especially if you think about the people who have to work there  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:01 pm
Ok, if you haven't heard people have rights. Personally, I hate smoking. But if anyone else wants to, I'm fine with that. Who am I to tell others that they can't or even shouldn't smoke? It's their choice! They know it kills them! Everyone does! It's the 21st century! But people continue to smoke because they like it/they're addicted to it. I don't care why, but no one on the earth has a right to tell them they can't smoke.

In public buildings, I'd rather people not smoke, but I still have no right not to tell them not to. It's the choice of the owner of the building whether to allow it or not!

The only time I'd tell someone not to smoke is if the person getting Second Hand Smoke can't avoid it. Like someone's kids in a car or a pregnant lady.

I still hate the thought of smoking. Why anyone would start is beyond me, but it's their life; their choice.

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite pics....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If your going to smoke, be ******** clean about it! At my brother's college, I was outside, and these ladies were talking at a bench, with a coffee can in the middle for cig butts. One lady, puts it out on her shoe, and drops it on the ground. What the ********!?  

Aitoyoru

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:03 am
Iconised Ghost
As a side note, in New Zealand the cigarette companies do put their warning signs on the front, i think its the same as they do in Britain. Im not sure if our number of smokers is any lower than in the US though. And you're also not allowed to smoke in enclosed public places any more, including bars, restaurants and cafes. Yay! 4laugh

The UK is like that now, too. You were right there. 3nodding I personally wish they'd ban smoking within the town centres, but I guess that's just hopeless thinking.. Luckily though, a shopping centre near where I live is smoke-free. Its often crowded, so lots of people with cigs can be a real hassle. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:47 am
FangzV
Smoking sucks.

Nuff said.

What she said. stare  

Kalium19

Stone-cold Warlord

11,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100

develishlilprincess