Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
What Does Your Name Mean? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

John Jacob Jinglehiemerschmidt
  His name is my name too....
View Results

AlaskaStreet

Newbie Feeder

9,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:59 pm
This can go for your screen name, real name, nicknames, or anything! I've just always been curious about the meanings behind the names of just about everyone I meet.

AlaskaStreet. This comes from a long and complicated story between me and my best friend. People always used to joke that she was in my head (because we'd finish each other's sentences and stuff) and so we wrote about what if she were literally in my head. So we went on all these crazy adventures in my mind and there was one place called Alaska Street. The Alaska Street in my mind was based on the one I saw in California. Yes, there's an Alaska Street in California.
So...I guess I chose it as my main screen name for the irony and for the memories of that story.

Hailey. Is English in origin and either means 'from the hay clearing' or 'heroine.' I prefer the latter. <<

Suzanne. Is French for 'lily' and Hebrew for 'rose'.

My last name is Welsh for 'iron famous'.

My nickname, Hails, is short for Hailey but I guess it could also mean a hailstorm? XD

I also used to go by Zephyr who is the Greek God of the West Wind. Nicknames of Zephyr were Zephy, Zeph, and Zephyrbunny.

Please tell me this is a good place for this thread. I always worry about that when posting. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:22 pm
My last name is Bradfield. So it means great open fields. Thats because my family owned a lot of land across the pond. smile

My nickname for one person was Casper. Because i was nosy to them. talk2hand

i guess thats all.

Level Seventy

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:28 pm
My screename means 'Green Forest'. I love nature, and my favorite color is green. I also am obsessed with Naruto, so I thought a Japanese name would be cool. There were too many Inuzukas, so alas I could not be married to my beloved Kiba. xd I also am writing a Fanfic, and the main character is Midori Hayashi.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:56 pm
My screen name came from something i misread xd i think it said something like "image not found" i dunno, but i saw Iconised Ghost and was like "hey! thats an interesting name"

My real first name seems to have some debate surrounding its meaning: it either means "each of the two" (whatever that means xp ), it could come from the greek goddess Hecate, it could be related to a greek word for torture, or it could be from a roman word meaning pure. Who knows rolleyes  

Iconised Ghost

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:43 pm
My s/n actually comes from a picture some one drew for me of a Warrior Yoshi with a sword and shotgun. I think my family just gave me my first name, but in the Bible it means Hansome.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:53 pm
Lewis is of German origin, meaning "Famous Warrior"

Artanus is a misspelling of Artanis my favorite character in Starcraft.

General Opterix is my favorite. I've started to use it for Websites now, and all of my games. My best friend came up with a Nickname for himself, "Count Mich X" and his friend became "Duke of Dom". I Decided to be General Opterix. The Opterix coming from the first bird in history, the archaeopteryx. Obviously spelled differently.

In Elementary school I was called Edvius(pronounced Ed-vis). A "word" in a crypto-quote that we did in Young Scholars.

My last name, Siragusa comes from an island in Sicily. "Siracusa" or more commonly known as Syracuse.  

Aitoyoru

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:48 am
My real name means Light :3 and my sn was just something I thought up quick of the top of my head .. I wasnt expecting to be using this acount as long as I have  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:58 am
EggaSponge- Comes from a combination of my first name spelled differently and my last name in English

My first name- Means "come here" in greek or "beautiful fairy princess"
in old Scottish

My middle name- Means "young archer" in old french

My last name- As you know, means "Sponge" heart  

MonsieurSponge

DANII LIEKS UNICORNZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:30 am
1st Name=No meaning
Last name= no meaning  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:48 am
my name has no meaning to it  

Renji_equals_love

Aitoyoru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:06 pm
EggaxSponge
EggaSponge- Comes from a combination of my first name spelled differently and my last name in English

in old Scottish

tvättswamp?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:02 am

I'm not sure on these one hundred percent but...

first name means slender maiden

dunno the rest xD never bothered looking it up.

@artanus: you know, I read that as 't**t swamp' xDD

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:59 am
Artanus
EggaxSponge

in old Scottish

tvättswamp?

rofl No. And please do not try to guess.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:22 pm
My name, Nick, (Nicholas) means Victorious in Greek. i had to do an essay about it in english for the eighth and ninth grades XP NOT FUN!

EDIT: my last name is brown, the color, so i don't think it has a real meaning of any importance sweatdrop

My Username, is based from my love of games and anime:

Reclaimer
The title of the Master Cheif in Halo 1-3 given him by the monitors of Halo Itself. This reflects the part of me which loves video games... lol

Alchemist
This one Obviously comes from the anime Fullmetal Alchemist (long live the armstrong tradition! scream ) which got me hooked on anime again after i gave up on it crying

@ ARTANUS: MY LIFE FOR AIUR!!!!  

HellKnight Azrael

Razenof

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm
hrmmm... will have to do some digging around, but will post once i find some time... might try and go into details later... lazy atm...

Michael: in history the Archangel... through for me, i am a fallin angel...

Jonas Orion: demonic vampire entity from the astral realm, has existed through the ages dateing back to nearly the times of christ. once a powerfull and great warrior who has stood through the many battles in time.

Razenof: if anyone can find any kind of info on the meaning of "Rezanof" congradulations, and please let me know...

Kitty: ahh the history of kitty *clears throat*  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces