Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
drinking whats ur opinion on it Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree on drinking?
  Yea as long as its responsable drinking
  no drinking should be out lawed
  i dont really give a s**t but nice story
View Results

tommy_flory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:36 pm
my parents drink they drink alot my moms bypolar and has depression and alcohol is a depressant every night she comes home s**t faced drunck falling all ova the place i had to carrie her to bed countless of times now i got deppression and it may be the cause of that and because of that i look torward drugs and alcohol as a get away i think people should drink but responsably but the rought im going i might later end up like my mom and my moms feoncae is a drunk too but when he drinks hes violent and a better reason to stay away from the house all the time  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:01 pm
No one with bypolar should be drinking. They need to see a physician and be on medication. I have a friend who is bypolar and on meds, and she's doing great. If you feel like your starting to suffer from depression I suggest seeing a doctor.

On the plain ole subject of drinking, if, and only if you can do it responsbly. Say if you do get drunk, atleast have some one to drive you home thats sober.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:12 pm
As a side note, mental illness isnt always best treated with drugs

As for alcohol, i love drinking. Although i agree, it should be done responsibly, and if people start to self medicate with alcohol then its time to seek help  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:20 pm
Totally irrelevant to your plight, but were you drinking as you wrote this message?

Now on to what my response is; I think its ok and it is a custom in many countries, its fun to get s**t faced yes, but you should never rely on it and as soon as you think you need it then you should stop there. Try to be a little stronger and not let your parents problems get to you. Thats how we all survive.  

Arch_Seraphim

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:31 pm
I really don't care about the drink. Offer to get me one out of the blue, and I'd likely turn you down.
I rarely drink. That's something coming from someone who has friends who drink it like its water. Mainly the taste for me; don't really care for it, nor crave it. To me, its just another fluid. So as a rare, but sometimes drinker, I don't really care about it. Up to others what they drink when they go out on the town, or whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:09 pm
Iconised Ghost

As for alcohol, i love drinking. Although i agree, it should be done responsibly, and if people start to self medicate with alcohol then its time to seek help

As far as I know, there isn't any other treatment for bipolar. I've been around a few Bipolar people and have done some research. As far as I've seen, there isn't any physical therapy type work for Bipolar. But I don agree that drugs aren't the only answers. I myself did do physical therapy for my Autism, and it worked great.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:31 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost

As far as I know, there isn't any other treatment for bipolar. I've been around a few Bipolar people and have done some research. As far as I've seen, there isn't any physical therapy type work for Bipolar. But I don agree that drugs aren't the only answers. I myself did do physical therapy for my Autism, and it worked great.

yes bipolar disorder is a tricky one, but i think that drugs should be a part of treatment, not necessarily a whole. but im no expert on bipolarism

It was the people with depression should see a doctor thing that i took more issue with xp  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:23 pm
I have a fabulous idea! Why don't you and your family just go see a psychiatrist? Instead of asking for answers online from people who clearly have no idea how to treat someone over the internet. Psychiatrists have jobs for a reason.

Edit: Well, you aren't asking for answers on how to improve your life, but anyway, I think you should go see one anyway. Regarding drinking: if you like to party, go for it, but just think about the consequences of the situation, and drink accordingly.  

Larxeis

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:26 pm
Iconised Ghost
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost

yes bipolar disorder is a tricky one, but i think that drugs should be a part of treatment, not necessarily a whole. but im no expert on bipolarism

It was the people with depression should see a doctor thing that i took more issue with xp

Well, I see Depression as more of a set state of mind that is hard to get out of. I believe a mental disorder is something your born with and needs constent treatment. About the depresion though, I know theres more then drugs, but talking to a doctor first is an important step. They can figure out whats best for you usually.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:34 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost

Well, I see Depression as more of a set state of mind that is hard to get out of. I believe a mental disorder is something your born with and needs constent treatment. About the depresion though, I know theres more then drugs, but talking to a doctor first is an important step. They can figure out whats best for you usually.

actually doctors tend to go with the bio model of things, so will refer u to a psychiatrist who will usually prescribe u drugs. Im not saying that drugs r bad, or that ppl shouldnt take them, but often they are not the long term solution for things like depression and dont address the underlying issues

Sorry for blabbing about it ^_^'' its something i feel strongly about  

Iconised Ghost

Atypical Mule

Devoted Vegetarian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:49 pm
ppl should do balanced things. it doesnt hurt drinkin a glass of wine.
theres always exceptions. if someones background states otherwise then ban drinkin from ur life or else it will be a source of troubles.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:31 am
Drugs and Alcohol are GREAT!! but only for happy people. If you're depressed you don't get to have any fun till you're happy. Then divide by zero.

And by the way. It's BI-polar (bi- meaning 2 which accounts for the mood swings that the name represents) not BY-polar (by- means a transversion or movement from one point to another)

Grammar Nazi Strikes Again!  

Sakura-Kyoukan

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:31 pm
I know what bi and by mean. Didnt i say bi? >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:02 pm
Tommy_flory said bypolar first and then TheBlueWarrior followed suit. No one else made that mistake.  

Larxeis

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:16 pm
oh good, i was tired when i was posting, but not that tired >.<  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items