Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Guys with earrings... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Left for straight/Right for gay
  Mmm, I love guys with earrings/piercings
  I honestly think it doesn't matter (no prejudice)
View Results

Larxeis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:23 pm

/;[You took me home];
/;[I drank too much];

I just got my ear pierced with a single earring on my left earlobe yesterday... and today I just came home today to Massachusetts from a summer in California. My mom was all, "why'd you get an earring? Guys with earrings are gay". I couldn't be further from being homosexual; not to say that I'm homophobic. I support their lifestyle and hope for equal human rights in the future.

/;[Cause of you my liver turned to dust];
/;[Cold rust tastes cold creeping cold pain];

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:29 pm
ive thought about it before but i never got one.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:38 pm
It's fine. Your mom's a bit out of touch.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:41 pm
We-ll.. saying gay people have pierced ears is a little far-fetched.. I think one of my friends' brother-in-laws has his ear pierced, and.. well.. the brother-in-law says it all. "Married with three kids". XD

I don't really care what people do to their bodies, and nor do I care what kind of relationship people have. They could be straight, gay or lesbian and I wouldn't give a damn. People follow their own course of life, and to question it is like asking someone if there is life outside there, in the universe. Everyone will have their own opinions on it, and so, the same will revolve around whether it is gay to have an ear piercing or not.

But I personally don't care. XD

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:52 pm
Thats just an old stereotypical mentality. In the early 1900's having a wristwatch used to be considered homosexual too rolleyes (hence the use of pocket watches) Times are changing and older people arn't used to the changes that weren't around when they were younger. Pay no attention to her or maby even it out by getting the other side peirced. Why stop there? Why not gauge your ears? You don't have to stretch it too large. No more than a size 4 so it can close up if you ever change your mind. Gauges are usually associated with "hard rock" culture and homosexuality would be last thing people would think.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:11 pm

/;[You took me home];
/;[I drank too much];

Thanks guys! You all are very reassuring, but now I don't feel like confronting any of my parents' friends who probably have same views. Anyway, my mom only made the remark once and my dad never said anything. I wonder if I should ask my dad if he thinks it looks nice... My mom doesn't think so though.
@Soul: No thanks, I like my little stud, please. :] I'm probably going to get a loop for it later though.

Larxeis

HellKnight Azrael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:44 pm
just like in the poll choice, I've heard that if only your right ear is pierced, it means homosexuality, which is absurd of course. rolleyes

i think if i were to get a piercing, it would be on the side of my lower lip, just for kicks lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:59 pm
I think it's only if you pierce your right ear that it means you are gay.  

Pirate-Wolfe

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:32 pm
i suppose it depends on the person, and why they got it and so on. There was this guy i knew who was very flashy, very showy, thought he was all that, u know the kind of person and he got an ear piercing just to get more attention. But i've also known some very quiet, sweet guys who have their ear pierced. I've never heard of this pierced right ear means ur gay thing though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:31 am
If someone wears thick black eyeshadow, are they emo? If someone dyes their hair blond, are they dumb? blaugh Of course not! It's kind of silly to stereotype over small details on appearance like that, but I'll admit I've been guilty of false assumptions before. The price of being a human in a human society, I suppose. rolleyes  

snarechan

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:57 am
Larxeis

/;[You took me home];
/;[I drank too much];

Thanks guys! You all are very reassuring, but now I don't feel like confronting any of my parents' friends who probably have same views. Anyway, my mom only made the remark once and my dad never said anything. I wonder if I should ask my dad if he thinks it looks nice... My mom doesn't think so though.
@Soul: No thanks, I like my little stud, please. :] I'm probably going to get a loop for it later though.

I still think you should at least consider getting the other side pierced but they're your ears. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:58 am

/;[You took me home];
/;[I drank too much];

I don't want both ears pierced though. I'm happy with just my left earlobe stud. ;]

Larxeis

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:36 am
I honestly do not think it really matters if a guy has earrings or what ear they have it in, just because a guy has a earing in a particular ear does not mean he is gay or not. Thats like people saying that a girl who likes butch things is a lesbian it makes me laugh all the prejudice in this world. Small things like that are for display and nothing more. I wouldnt mind if mike got a earing or where it was because he would still be the man i am going to marry in the end and a little bit of silver or gold would not change a single thing, although i doubt he could stand getting one as he does not like needles lol. mrgreen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:33 pm

/;[You took me home];
/;[I drank too much];

Seriously, prejudice just comes from unhappy people, and if they just found something that made them happy and didn't care what other people thought of it, they wouldn't be making such detrimental remarks.

By the way, tell Mike that I couldn't even tell if the person pierced my ear or not. I was like, "Is it in there yet?" >[

Larxeis

Aitoyoru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:43 pm
I've always wanted a loop, but my parents won't let me until I'm fifteen. I'm fine with anything though. Everyones body is their own business. And whatever they look like, does not make them gay or anything else. You mom has some judgmental issues if that's what she thinks.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff