Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
@#@%# The racist! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who thinks that racist should be eliminate?
  I really think that it should
View Results

sonalune

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:51 pm
scream scream scream scream scream

Racist are such idiots they dont have respect for others!
Even if i am an white person i hate being confront with racist!
Its so mean!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:57 pm
I don't claim to understand the workings of someone with racist attitudes, or ideals, but nor do I try and defend them from their actions. I do have to say, though, that a good majority of the racist community (though I'm sure many don't speak out) were raised to hate certain races and/or religions. I myself had been raised to be afraid of African Americans myself - My father learned from his father, and thus taught me the same. Though I am no longer racist, even if I was taught to be afraid of "the black man" when I was a child, I am not trying to condone racism. Just in my opinion, it's a matter of what one learns to believe, not what one chooses to believe.  

Kinta the Skank

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:37 pm
I truly believe in a free speech society and it won´t be that if the racists arn´t aloud to speak their mind....

I know that they are idiots but thats the deal with free speech and democracy unfortunately....  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:09 am
what ppl believe is entirely up to them. its how they act on these beliefs that worry me sometimes  

Iconised Ghost

Aitoyoru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:14 am
Well, yeah; racists are asses. But they also have rights to their opinions as human beings. Also, Kinta is right. Many people have it ingrained in their head that another race/religion is bad due to past generations.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:26 am
Although racists have opinons,
our culture here in America,
was based by immigrants coming in from different countries.

Without it, we might not have the diffrences here.

Or maybe it's just racists are afraid of a certain race.

c r o i s

Hygienic Gaian

love_waffle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:06 pm
it really can be annoying  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:37 am
well, I come from Europe. we have seen how racism ends: in Auschwitz...
yes, it was racism, because the Nazis thought they are of a better race than the Slovians, the Jews and so on...
so no racism allowed!  

Kirika7777

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:06 pm
I say don't judge and you won't be judged yourself. [Most of the time. People still mock me for being so white] xd sweatdrop emo  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:49 am
we really cant do anything about in the long run, because racisim has been around for centuries, its not somethin that can be killed off so easly  

Alucard76

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:12 am
Lol.

Racist against racists.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:33 am
I cant stand Racist people who start to sterotype other Race,Gender , even there religions for no damn reason .  

Hawaiian_Gurl

Dangerous Lover

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:43 am
The only reason they do it is because they were taught to do it. Its a vicious cycle.

Kinda like Dog fighting. Dogs aren't born mean they are taught to be mean.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:34 am
I have to admit, that I have some "prejudices" against certain groups, religions and people. But instead of judging them to something worse, I leave them a chance to prove themselves.

Racism lead to the biggest crimes in history. It all has to end.  

Verderbnis

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:53 am
Hawaiian_Gurl
I cant stand Racist people who start to sterotype other Race,Gender , even there religions for no damn reason .

stare

racism is only hatred of another race.

gender discrimination is called sexism ((or once was, i think we're moving more towards 'gender discrimination' due to ppl thinking sexism is only towards women)) and hatred of someone based on religion is generally referred to as bigotry, although to be a bigot really means you hate all viewpoints/people/ideas/religions other than your own.

the worst part about stereotypes is how people claim that they are "based in truth" when the majority of the time they were based on propaganda put forth by whatever group originally had a problem with the other group.

for example, the whole stereotype of black people either being drug dealers or drug users comes from anti-marijuana propaganda from WAY back in the jim crowe days of blacks using marijuana and then going on "reefer madness induced fits of rage" and raping white women.

did that ever happen? probably not, but there were television and print ads about it and even psa-style movies ((like the ones in gaia cinemas)).

its ******** sad that people still think that way, but then again, people still think cleopatra the 8th was a slut thanks to octavious even though she wasn't. sweatdrop

also, i'm all for free speech and all that, but there's a difference between hate speech ((which is speech w/ the purpose of inspiring hatred or violence towards a group)) and free speech, and i for one am happy that the law ((for the most part)) does make that distinction.

people need to understand that the founding fathers weren't infallible and never meant for the constitution to be set in stone. the law must evolve with the times, and they understood that. ((this is why we're allowed to amend the damn thing.))

oh, and here's a funny little tidbit, did you know the declaration of independence has a racial slur in it? oh yes, it does! 3nodding also, the original california constitution had slurs against chinese people, and laws saying to throw them out of any town, establishment, bar, etc.

times change, rights and laws and responsibilities should, too. xd

but yeah, in short, racists suck a**. i'm all for equality all around! heart  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas