Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Year 2012 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you belive in this?
  Yes
  No
  WTF?!
View Results

mike1106

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:16 pm
I'm just wondering if any of you have heard of the year 2012 theories. I was watching videos on Youtube about this, and they got a lot of fact. I'm kinda scared, and i was just wondering if any of you believed in this or not. I'm not saying that its gonna be the end of the world, im just saying that lots of people will die

For those that don't know, there are theories about year 2012 that say that a pole shift in the earth will cause tsunamis, 300MPH wind, and because of the pole shift, electrical devices will fail, and lots of more chaos and destruction

Click here for a video
and this video isnt facts, some things are, but things like the thing about the aliens i dont think is true, its just the first video i saw, i saw a lot and im not gonna go find them all over again

Theres more to it than this, theres something about planet nibiru, and stuff like that, im not too clear on everything  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:48 pm
I'll believe it when i see it. People thought crap would happen in 2000 too and nothing did  

Iconised Ghost

ajalele

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:10 pm
I'm not sure how I feel about this. The bible does talk of destructive forces in the end of day and a lot of people believe that we are nearing the end times. I guess we just don't know whats going to happen when. I watch alot of the history and discovery channel and it seems to me that most scientists believe something terrible is going to happen sooner or later. This is why I think it is important to know where you're going when you die because death could come at any moment. Though that is a discussion for another topic.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:29 am
Something terrible could happen at any time really. I guess it depends on your definition of terrible and what kind of view point you come from. I mean, coming from a more scientific view point, all planets have to die at some point right? So in that sense we could possibly calculate when the earth is going to, i dont know, implode or explode or become barren or unsuitable for life or whatever. But who's to say thats the end of everything? We could still find new planets suitable for human life to accomodate us. People have been pretty resourceful so far. But i dont know what this fits in with a religious view point  

Iconised Ghost

Oashin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:16 am
Iconised Ghost
We could still find new planets suitable for human life to accomodate us.

Ah, but there is a flaw in your theory here. You can't, scientifically, know for a fact that we'll be able to "find new planets suitable for human life" in time for something monstrously destructive towards the human race. The battle over who can make a planet livable enough to sustain human life or to find a planet that is already suitable for human life has been going on since the first man set foot in outer space and we have yet to find anything. Do you really think that, say this DOES happen in 2012, we'll be able to do it in that quick amount of time? I, seriously, doubt that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:37 pm
its not a theory, its a fact. Statistically, there is a probablity that we would find a planet in time. Small or large, that probability exists. I thought we had already found a planet that may be suitable for himan life? Like a few years ago? Im sure i saw it on the news

edit: you may find these articles interesting
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060801_science_tuesday.html
http://angryastronomer.blogspot.com/2006/08/possibility-of-habitible-planets.html
the first article is about a planet found in 2006 around about  

Iconised Ghost

Oashin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:09 pm
But, do you really think that they'll find a way to transport EVERY living being on the planet to this newly found planet? I think the maximum they've ever flown on one rocket was 12 people, but I could be wrong. I haven't, personally, kept up with it. Would they only take the ones that mattered and leave the rest of us to deal with it?

Another question: How long do you think it would take to get to this "inhabitable planet?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:18 pm
i dont know how far away the planet is. Close enough for us to see it with our telescopal technologies xd of course they wont take everyone, just enough to keep the species going  

Iconised Ghost

Oashin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:51 am
3nodding You've been POKED! 3nodding

That doesn't sound like it would be fair. I'm sure that would win the votes of the mass majority REALLY smoothly. We're talking about mass rioting, assassinations...complete anarchy would overcome the world as we know it. But, I'm pretty sure that's the way it's gonna go down. Well, I'll see you guys somewhere in the riot. I'll be the dude crushing some window to steal s**t. Peace.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:27 pm
of course its not fair. Life isnt fair. We're talking about saving the species here. If the planet explodes or what not people will die and thats not fair. But...it happens >.<  

Iconised Ghost

Oashin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:47 am
Iconised Ghost
If the planet explodes or what not people will die and thats not fair. But...it happens >.<

lol You say that like it happens on a regular basis. razz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 pm
lol well planets probably do explode on a regular basis xp  

Iconised Ghost

twylight92

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:15 pm
I have to say i agree with ajalele, but sereasly i dont realy think it will happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:21 pm
the aztec's calender which is what ours is based on says the world was going to end in 2011..... so maybe they might b off a little and it will happen in 2012.... only one way to find out though sit and wait UGH! how boring!  

green guy 9211

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:34 pm
how the dickens would they know is my question. I mean, even we dont know and we at least have big telescope thingies and can look at other planets to form our ideas on  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff