Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
School projects, cats, and other numerous things Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  :3
View Results

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:48 pm
First off, I want to give a big thanks to Sheer and Lily for spending their time editing my essay. Thanks also to Egga & Sakura for their minor edits which also helped very much. The final draft has been moved to the creative writting sub if you want to read.

The Reflections Contest - my English teacher has required the five Honors students in her class to participate. The theme is "I can make a difference..." I'm going to be basing my drawing on volunteering but I'm not sure what I should draw. I know I want to have one with volunteering at the animal shleter, reading books to children, and helping out in a nursing home but what else can you do as a volunteer?

Children's book - After spending time at my grandmother's house with all her cats, I really want to work on a children's book. Because I'm taking interest in early childhood education, I thought maybe writing for children would help give me an idea if I'd be good at working with children.
My bases for the books would be the 10+ cats my grandmother has and the adventures they get into. Each cat has a fun personality. Examples being her black cat Ray likes to ride in the car or Cortez is a big yellow cat who chews on big toes.
I'll be drawing for the book - I'm just having trouble on how I should draw the cats. I'd like to make them look neat but it's giving me trouble.

I can't find any good music D: Yeah, suggest away because everything I listen to seems to suck. Also, I want to make a playlist for my mom with songs like She's a Brick House and Staying Alive - what else goes with that o.o I think I might throw some Black Eyed Peas on her playlist too.

I guess the last thing would be that my computer is running horribly slow. I'm getting lag while typing. I recently started deleting music to help, anything else I should do?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:13 pm
as for your computer problem, you can use a different internet browser. or defragment your computer for faster program performance. hard drive sapce only has very little to do with your computers speed.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:10 pm
You're welcome! It was actually kind of fun because I'm really nerdy that way. xd

As for music...hehehehe. (Well for your mom's playlist how about R-E-S-P-E-C-T? and I Will Survive)

For you, here's my playlist on Project Playlist. It's got a small sampling of my favorite songs from good artists and soundtracks. The direct link won't work so just go to view playlists then Writer_Girl1029's playlist.
And...it took me a minute to figure this out, if you want to see all the songs, close the gaia online frame.
http://www.pplaylist.com/user/6903266  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:35 pm
You're welcome! I felt like my degree was finally getting some use xD

For volunteering...You could clean up a stretch of road? Oh! My state has a thing where all the city-folk go down to the beach for a day and clean it up so they can feel like they did something to help the environment xD

And yay for doing a children's book! ^.^ I started writing one a while back, but it fizzled out big-time >.< Lack of motivation on my end, I think. Anyway, your idea sounds like it'd be a cute book ^.^  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:23 pm
jfm567
as for your computer problem, you can use a different internet browser. or defragment your computer for faster program performance. hard drive sapce only has very little to do with your computers speed.

I'll see if I can notice a difference using the MSN browser before I defrag my computer.

@Lily: I see Footloose! I like Save the Last Dance too 3nodding

@ Sheer: Once I get around to college application essays I imagine I'll need some edits here and there. Yeah, I was thinking of a cleaning up effort for volunteering. I'm still working on my cat drawings.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:41 pm
how so are you having trouble drawing the cats? i draw chibi cats all the time, i dunno if i could help....?  

The Amethyst Riddle

Dapper Conversationalist

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:23 pm
golden-eyed-fallen-angel
how so are you having trouble drawing the cats? i draw chibi cats all the time, i dunno if i could help....?

It's mostly getting the cats into a style I like that's also appealing to children.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:59 pm
I tried to write a children's book when I was in the sixth grade. The result was NOT pretty. rofl

For Songs:
"We are family"-Sister Sledge
"When a man loves a woman"- Percy Sledge ((No I do NOT have a Sledge complex))
"Young Hearts run free"- Candy Station ((I dunno if you'll like this, but it's one of my favorite songs from that genre))
"Superfreak"- Rick James
sweatdrop I'm out  

MonsieurSponge

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:39 pm
We are family is a great song <3  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:25 pm
Goddess Ace
jfm567

I'll see if I can notice a difference using the MSN browser before I defrag my computer.

@Lily: I see Footloose! I like Save the Last Dance too 3nodding

@ Sheer: Once I get around to college application essays I imagine I'll need some edits here and there. Yeah, I was thinking of a cleaning up effort for volunteering. I'm still working on my cat drawings.

blaugh  

Lily the Pink

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:12 am
If you like bluesy stuff, look up Stevie Ray Vaughan. I recommend Texas Flood, Pride and Joy, and Lenny.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:24 am
Goddess Ace
First off, I want to give a big thanks to Sheer and Lily for spending their time editing my essay. Thanks also to Egga & Sakura for their minor edits which also helped very much. The final draft has been moved to the creative writting sub if you want to read.

The Reflections Contest - my English teacher has required the five Honors students in her class to participate. The theme is "I can make a difference..." I'm going to be basing my drawing on volunteering but I'm not sure what I should draw. I know I want to have one with volunteering at the animal shleter, reading books to children, and helping out in a nursing home but what else can you do as a volunteer?

Children's book - After spending time at my grandmother's house with all her cats, I really want to work on a children's book. Because I'm taking interest in early childhood education, I thought maybe writing for children would help give me an idea if I'd be good at working with children.
My bases for the books would be the 10+ cats my grandmother has and the adventures they get into. Each cat has a fun personality. Examples being her black cat Ray likes to ride in the car or Cortez is a big yellow cat who chews on big toes.
I'll be drawing for the book - I'm just having trouble on how I should draw the cats. I'd like to make them look neat but it's giving me trouble.

I can't find any good music D: Yeah, suggest away because everything I listen to seems to suck. Also, I want to make a playlist for my mom with songs like She's a Brick House and Staying Alive - what else goes with that o.o I think I might throw some Black Eyed Peas on her playlist too.

I guess the last thing would be that my computer is running horribly slow. I'm getting lag while typing. I recently started deleting music to help, anything else I should do?

there are other thing's you can draw showing volunteering working in a classroom as a volunteer assistant. Picking up trash and working as a group cleaning up the environment. Those volunteers who go out and aid helping out other animal charities such as aiding birds who are stuck in oil, trapped elsewhere etc. Working in a charity shop and sometimes you even can see voluteer work in disabled schools etc. hope i have given you some good ideas.

Your grandmothers cats sound brilliant as for how to draw the cats when i was working with children at numerous schools anything which was bright and colourful attracts the kids attention. Also it might be wise drawing them all differently not just colour wise but appearance wise. In a cartoon way make them amusing to the kids as it will attract so many children and parents alike as a book is meant to be educational teaching them words and so forth but it also should be fun. ^^ take my kaitlyn anything colourful she is already adoring she has a nursery rhyme book because it is bright and attractive. But she also adores books with amusing cartoon images and she is only 3 months old. i hope i can help for instant.

As for your computer start defragging and also doing a disk clean up. this should help your computer run a bit faster. might be wise getting some decent anti virus and spyware software.

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:08 pm
I'll probably run a defrag soon. Thanks for your insight on the children's book. Katylin is going to be a really bright girl ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:06 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
If you like bluesy stuff, look up Stevie Ray Vaughan. I recommend Texas Flood, Pride and Joy, and Lenny.

OMG for the wins <3

He also did a nice jimi hendrix song. ninja  

MonsieurSponge

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:37 pm
EggaxSponge
Shazbot_the_Pirate

OMG for the wins <3

He also did a nice jimi hendrix song. ninja
Mmm, Little Wing. 3nodding It's really good; nice and slow. I still like the Hendrix version better, though.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff