Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Which branch and why?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which branch?
  Army
  Navy
  Air Force
  Marines
  Coast Gaurd
  None
  Can't Deside
View Results

tos recovery team-115

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:34 am
This may be in the section and I am sorry. I have a question for those of you out there, and the question is which military branch would you join and why. As for those who have already joined, what was your reasoning for joining. This is just mearly a simple poll just for my own knowlage.

This is not about war, so please don't go into a rant about how the Iraq war is bad and blah blah blah. I promise to eventually make a discusion about that soon. Just not in this conversation.

I am in the Navy. I joined because I need the money, I need a good job, and I get to see the world. What else could make it any better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:17 am
i voted none. But if i had to choose, i think i would choose coastguard- it seems the most interesting and least intense, and probably won't involve killing anyone in the end  

Iconised Ghost

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
I would go for something like a technician probably 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:04 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
I would go for something like a technician probably 3nodding

Technicians are needed in every branch what with all the new technology we had in the world today.

I voted Army, however I am currently in the Air Force JROTC.
I can't say any specific reasons as to why I would go into the army over anything else if I ever did go military. I just prefer the army.
Though I can give reasons why I wouldn't go into the other branches.

The Coast Guard-- I don't understand it. It barely ever recognized as a military branch when people talk about the military. And it just seems like a lazy person's job.

The Marines- They don't even have their own branch technically. The Marines is a part of the Navy, hence on the paycheck, it reads 'department of the navy'.

The Navy- I dont like boats. I understand that the navy also deals with on land missions and what not, but I've never been on a boat and I'm not sure if I ever want to be.

The Air Force- Besides the flying, which I don't hate, but would rather not 'fly' a plane myself, I'm not a fan of the blue uniforms.

Yeah, I also realize my reasons tend to be pathetic and please don't think these are the biggest mind changing reasons I have, they are just the ones I can think of from the top of my head.

I<3GhostIII

Reivin Fire

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:30 pm
coast guard as a lazy persons job? talk2hand i dont know about ur coast guard, but ours works bloody hard to keep our shores safe, and our oceans healthy  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:30 pm
I'd join the army. The pay probably isn't as good as being something like a technician but at least there is the chance to be out on the front line, so that you can really get involved in whats happening. And it's not all killing people and stuff, people in the army often help the people in the areas they are stationed, helping police the streets, train the local police and aid in relief work.
But I agree with Ghost, no branch is for the lazy.  

FireBroken

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:25 pm
I chose none. I probably wouldn't be able to live with myslef if I accidentally dropped an infant baby, much less kill anyone dangerous or not. Personally I find that to be a man's job. and this is not meant as a sexist comment. I would much rather be a supportive wife of a soldier, that pampers him when he comes home, than be in the field myself.
I'm just not tough. I can't even squish a bug without being disgusted, even an ant under my shoe. That is why I HIGHLY respect military ppl. so brave u_u

I give myself props in that I am gentle, patient, kind, caring, and understanding. I might end up being a nurse. who knows? (I actually want to be a lawyer though. I ROCK at arguing)

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh  
Extended Discussion!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces