Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply *Stickys Announcements & Site Info/Q&A*
Noob question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Help?
  Yesh. I will help you. ^-^
  No, you noob. Learn to do it yourself. D:<
View Results

Oashin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:28 pm
3nodding You've been POKED! 3nodding

So, I've been thinking about making a public quest/charity thread, but something bothered me.

I've been to many a charity thread and have seen mods and stuff on them. Here's my question. How does that work? How would I moderate my thread like that? Any help would be quiet helpful. ^-^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:37 pm
I'm not sure I know what you're asking, but do you mean the list that people have of moderators?

Those are just friends they have volunteering to moderate their threads.  

Lily the Pink

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:40 pm
If its in the main forum, you can't. Its just that the people who run charities happen to be site moderators. They're job is to make the site more enjoyable for us (although sometimes they don't) and thats just another way to do so.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:22 pm

Well, that's kinda disheartening to find out. D: I was hoping that there was just something I was missing with those threads and stuff. Gayness. Now, I dunno if I want to try and make a public one or not. >->

Oashin

The Amethyst Riddle

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:02 am
wait.... what exactly are you trying to do? are you trying to start your own guild or what? i can't help you, i'm just curious. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:02 am
As for a quest thread those who moderate basically are the regulars in there who pop in to keep it alive and also to keep people interested. ^_^ There not actually moderators and a quest thread can be a valuable thing to have on this guild as some people who are better off than others go around randomly donating, i am one of them when i have the gold or items i no longer need, but never beg, begging makes them completely ignore you.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Oashin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:19 am
Drowning in misery.
The nightmare begins when you close the door.
You sat in your angry chair and just tried to be you.

Well, I have a quest thread here in the Begging forum, but I was thinking about making a public quest thread with some kind of charity on it. I thought there was a way to mod your own threads or something. Oh well. It's fine. I was just wondering. ^-^

The needle became your queen;
The drug had become your enemy
And music was just a way for you to bleed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:10 pm
Oashin
Drowning in misery.

Well, I have a quest thread here in the Begging forum, but I was thinking about making a public quest thread with some kind of charity on it. I thought there was a way to mod your own threads or something. Oh well. It's fine. I was just wondering. ^-^

Well, technically you could put people on your ignore list who don't follow your charity rules. That'll keep them from seeing your thread and from posting it, from what I hear. Plus I think that in the Chatterbox, you could delete people's posts in your thread (dunno if that's still in place, what with the forum rewrite and all). 3nodding  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Oashin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:23 pm
Drowning in misery.

Hmm. That's intriguing. I'll have to test that out. Not like it's spam in the Chatterbox forums, right? xd

*Stickys Announcements & Site Info/Q&A*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games