Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Chicken or the Egg? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chicken or Egg?
  Chicken
  Egg
View Results

Alfredo11

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:54 pm
Which do you think came first? I think the chicken because something had to lay the egg.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 pm
My science teacher at school had a serious theory about this...i cant remember what it was, it was a long time ago, but i think that he thought the chicken came first, it evolved from amoeba into a bigger thing into a bigger thing until it became a chicke and evolved egg laying capabilities. I may be wrong. But i think thats how it went...  

Iconised Ghost

The Shadow Ninja Junichi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:22 pm
personally.. i think it was the egg.. because something could have layed the egg with the first chicken in it.. but that thing might not have been exactly a chicken.. more like a wierd lizard chicken thingy... but... thats just my thought  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:19 am
but what came first then, the egg or the weird lizard chicken thing?  

Iconised Ghost

overlordoffinland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:17 am
it was the egg, and the pre-evolved form of the chicken which laid it. then after that, there were chickens  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:02 pm
i just cant see how an egg would evolve, without it being an organism first  

Iconised Ghost

Googolplexian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:29 pm
Evolution is caused by random genetic mutation, therefore the egg with the chicken would have come first, its parents frowning in shame for giving birth to a mutant. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Googolplexian
Evolution is caused by random genetic mutation, therefore the egg with the chicken would have come first, its parents frowning in shame for giving birth to a mutant. smile

Oh jeez. I have to agree . . . with that whole statement >.<
Our social status problems date back to the chickens.

Ok sorry. I'm done being stupid.

Anyways, if you're thinking of the Chicken that we know today then you have to think that the egg came first (like with the above quote), but if you are thinking a earlier "version" of the chicken, then you would think the "chicken" came first, because the egg would have to come from somewhere. (if this didn't make any sense please just tell me I'm stupid >.<)  

Deimoz

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:47 pm
Maybe it was some sort of little Sheldon-thingy.

You know, the little chicken that wouldn't come out of his shell on that old Garfield Cartoon Show...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:11 pm
I think that maybe it started with something (lets call it a Spoog) that laid an egg. Then out of that egg hatched something similar to a Spoog, but slightly different (lets called it a mutated spoog). The mutated spoog laid an egg that looked like a mutated spoog, but slightly different. And this continued until something laid an egg that hatched into a chicken >.< so the organism came first....but the first chicken came from an egg so the egg came first...  

Iconised Ghost

dizSASQUA

5,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:09 am
the chican came first  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:20 pm
i think that they were there at the same time and one died and one grew and died life circal  

lu_rockz

xxxxxJohnxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:56 pm
The egg came first laid by something like a chicken, but not really a chicken cool  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:58 pm
in our religion..

the bible sed...the chicken was the first..

in science...the chicken..

what do you think if the is the FIRST??

if it hatch do you think it will LIVE??  

mehmeh0000

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:50 pm
the egg came first.

dinosaurs were laying them for eons. then they slowly evolved into chickens who ALSO laid eggs.

what a goofy question! 3nodding

((although, to be honest, i sometimes throw this question out to my kiddos to see what they say...when i tell them it was the egg and WHY it was the egg, it blows their cute little minds. whee ))  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff