Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Computers & Video Games
Project Soul (Namco) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siegfried is...
  Pretty boy with pretty hair.
  Weirdo German guy from Get Smart
  Requires compensation with his sword
View Results

Alienor Kaze

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:09 am
Wow, I see lots of other games, but I didn't see any topics on the ever wonderful Project Soul. What? It's not wonderful? Well, I'd like to say that it's a nice game. Anyway, people can discuss whatever they want about Project Soul.

In case nobody really understands what I mean about "Project Soul" it's Namco's official title for the Soul Calibur franchise. As the very first game wasn't called Soul Calibur (but Soul Edge - Blade, take your pick), I didn't want to type in all the titles, so I put it under the name of Project Soul.

CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER OF THE GAMES:
- Soul Edge
- Soul Calibur
- Soul Calibur II
- Soul Calibur III
- Soul Calibur IV (Released in North America sometime in 200 cool .  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:49 am
I am Good as fighting as Astaroth domokun alot of unblockable attacks and has a few hidden hard-to-avoid attacks domokun  

Irukus

AcidRyu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:53 pm
I'm the best with Talim, Sophitia, and Tira and most recently the Rapier. I'm such a Soul Calibur III gunkie that I'm not comfortable playing as Talim or Sophitia in Soul Calibur II... I can't wait for Soul Calibur IV except that I can't play it since I don't have a PS3 or 360... emo  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:59 am
SugarRyu
I'm the best with Talim, Sophitia, and Tira and most recently the Rapier. I'm such a Soul Calibur III gunkie that I'm not comfortable playing as Talim or Sophitia in Soul Calibur II... I can't wait for Soul Calibur IV except that I can't play it since I don't have a PS3 or 360... emo

Well, you can always wait until the prices drop, save up, and play it then. :3 As for character and gameplay, I'm best with Xianghua (and I used her the most in SCII), but my favorite character is Siegfried. When I got SCIII, I liked experimenting with different characters.

@ Irukus: Asteroth is a character that can pull off cheap wins if you're aiming for quick win. The same goes for Rock.  

Alienor Kaze

AcidRyu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:42 pm
kaze no sakura
SugarRyu

Well, you can always wait until the prices drop, save up, and play it then. :3 As for character and gameplay, I'm best with Xianghua (and I used her the most in SCII), but my favorite character is Siegfried. When I got SCIII, I liked experimenting with different characters.

@ Irukus: Asteroth is a character that can pull off cheap wins if you're aiming for quick win. The same goes for Rock.

Meh, I'm just too lazy and impatient. For me, Siegfried is hard! Like there's so many special stances and his pretty long hair and perfect blue eyes just distract me. My best friend uses Xianghua, often times SPAMMING the same moves over and over again. Ugh, stupid high and low attack... In Soul Calibur II I loved the ice stage, especially with Talim. whee The turning, the jumping, it just annoys my foes to hitting me physically.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:19 pm
SugarRyu
Meh, I'm just too lazy and impatient. For me, Siegfried is hard! Like there's so many special stances and his pretty long hair and perfect blue eyes just distract me. My best friend uses Xianghua, often times SPAMMING the same moves over and over again. Ugh, stupid high and low attack... In Soul Calibur II I loved the ice stage, especially with Talim. whee The turning, the jumping, it just annoys my foes to hitting me physically.

He's a bit hard to move, but I managed to defeat my brother using him. Siegfried has a not of funny moves in SC3, such as his headbutt and foot stomps. Usually I get distracted whenever the AI makes that move when I'm playing. I think my favorite stage was Olcadan's stage in SC3. It seemed so... different. For SC2, Raphael's stage was my favorite, as we fight in a library. Too bad Namco didn't bring in the concept of destroying stuff until SC3.

Also, it's a pity Namco took off all of Talims great moves in SC2. She's so much slower than she once was. Don't know why they didn't switch off her spanky move, though. ^_^;;  

Alienor Kaze

AcidRyu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:24 pm
kaze no sakura
SugarRyu

He's a bit hard to move, but I managed to defeat my brother using him. Siegfried has a not of funny moves in SC3, such as his headbutt and foot stomps. Usually I get distracted whenever the AI makes that move when I'm playing. I think my favorite stage was Olcadan's stage in SC3. It seemed so... different. For SC2, Raphael's stage was my favorite, as we fight in a library. Too bad Namco didn't bring in the concept of destroying stuff until SC3.

Also, it's a pity Namco took off all of Talims great moves in SC2. She's so much slower than she once was. Don't know why they didn't switch off her spanky move, though. ^_^;;

Siegfried does have a lot of funny moves. whee It's better than Cassandra's bum rush... I just get distracted by hot looks and weird random custom character skin. I didn't really think any of the stages in SC3 stood out to me except for Siegfried, Raphael, and Sophitia's stages. They are so pretty...

I totally forgot about Raphael's stage. It was awesome. I don't know why but I can't stand any of Seong Mi-na's stages... They annoy me sometimes becuase I have the worst luck on them... I wish Namco kept Talim's moveset... I had a blast throwing people off the ledges for an easy win...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:17 pm
AWESOME! I'm not the only Astaroth user here!!! W00T!!!

Now, this may sound stubborn, but it's fact. I've been to Soul Cal tournies and here are the tiers of the characters I've seen. Don't argue, I've seen the best play these characters:

Top tier characters:
Cervantes
Astaroth
Sophitia
Cassandra
Taki
Voldo
Xianghua

Low tier:
Rock
Talim
Tira
Raphael

Everyone else is mid tier.  

Hanku Royiaki

Alienor Kaze

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:47 am
Hanku Royiaki
AWESOME! I'm not the only Astaroth user here!!! W00T!!!

Now, this may sound stubborn, but it's fact. I've been to Soul Cal tournies and here are the tiers of the characters I've seen. Don't argue, I've seen the best play these characters:

Top tier characters:
Cervantes
Astaroth
Sophitia
Cassandra
Taki
Voldo
Xianghua

Low tier:
Rock
Talim
Tira
Raphael

Everyone else is mid tier.

Yep... I think you've got it down pretty well, though I'm pretty certain Asteroth was in the upper middle tier along with Siegfried.

@ SugarRyu: I liked the Jyurakudai Villa second best to the Grand Labyrinth. Also, the Ling Sheng-su Temple Ruins wasn't all that bad, mostly because I had fun destroying fences and putting dents in the wall. The Valentine Mansion was also great fun, seeing that you can kick paintings off the wall and bust hand-railings as well. I think it would have been more fun if we were able to kick those gates open. The Lost Cathedral and Eurydice Shrine were indeed pretty as was Lotus Garden. I loved ringing people out because of the splashy noises. whee

I actually didn't like Romanian Valley, since I got rung out so easily (if "Ostrheinsburg Castle - Battlement" wasn't so damn slippery I would have liked it as well). But I have to admit, it's quite entertaining to kick people through the small holes in the fencing. Unfortunately, that only happens under two conditions:

1. On accident
2. If you're really good at manipulating the AI or the other player to stand right in front of the hole.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:52 pm
@ Hanku Royiaki: I don't get how you guys can master Astaroth... crying Maybe it's just me... and Soul Cal tournies? Wow, you must be really good! I wish I had that kind of talent. emo Talim and Tira are low tier... Why must the world be cruel?!

@ kaze no sakura: I'm really good at manipulating my friends and AI but I don't like using Ring Outs in the Romanian Valley since the area is so... pointy like there's only one open area to ring out without destroying the stage. The Lotus Garden is really pretty and I love the music in that stage. I just hate going against Xianghua... The Valentine Mansion and Jyurakudai Villa were fun as well but I hated the fact that it was hard to ring out people in the mansion since I'm not a forceful person and the villa has so many open areas to get ringed out. emo It's a lose-lose situation for me...  

AcidRyu

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:54 am
@Sugar Ryu

Astaroth is a b*****d when you get him down. Practice with him for a while, or check out some youtube vids and you'll see. ^_^ Astaroth is known for getting you into combos you can't get out of. They're small combos but do massive damage. Cervantes works in the same way.

MY favorite stage in 2 was the Castle and in 3 I can't really pick, because in 2, the soundtrack was just phenomenal. In 3, it's just meh. So if I had to pick one for 3, hmm...I'm gonna say the cathedral, because the music is at least close to epic. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:14 am
In SC3 Astaroth has a floor sweeping move that has greater reach then the weapon shows domokun its a move that surprisingly few people can block and it also has the ability to switch from a double low hit to a low-mid in mid combo domokun thats a really devastating move when used right  

Irukus

AcidRyu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:02 pm
@Hanku Royiaki: He is? I've never thought about it... I just hate characters with slow attacks and without many special tidbits... I'll try practicing with him... Thanks!

@Irukus: I hate going against SC3 Astaroth... Especially when he's got me on low health, away from the guard buttons, or using my foul language throughly. Surprisingly, I can guard break his slow attacks pretty well.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:16 pm
@SugarRyu: Yeah his slow attacks break pretty easily but after awhile of playing with him i discovered about 3 moves he has, that is fast and is great for escaping or getting some distance between you and your opponent 3nodding and one of them can combo into a unblockable  

Irukus

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:01 pm
You know what my favorite move of Astaroth is?

HUG OF DEATH!!! *glomps Sugar Ryu*

Seriously that's a move of Astaroth's!! I do so enjoy finishing off people with that. Especially against Nightmare. Why? According to the story, Nightmare (when Siegfried was possessed) was the one who taught Astaroth how to use Soul Edge. Thus the yelling of HUG OF DEATH!!! becomes

GAI-SENSEEEEEIIIII!!!!!

lmao!! XD  
Computers & Video Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas