Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Another Convention <_< Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:54 pm
Okay when i first saw gaia was doing conventions i was impressed and intrigued and i never minded the fact it was not coming anywhere near the uk, but since then there has been many conventions at different places and the uk or even europe never seems to be one of those places and it sucks bigtime, we do not get some items on gaia due to where we live, same with games, movies, release dates are months sometimes years apart.... and now this...

lol, i know i sound whiney but after years of this happening it does indeed become annoying, not just on gaia but everything to be honest. I understand they wish to make money and so forth but our money and time is just as valuable as other peoples around the world but it seems like because were smaller were screwed backwards. =/ Living in the uk or europe really does suck bigtime.

*RANTS*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:20 pm
They never come to Miami either TT.TT  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:26 pm
Dr Entropy
They never come to Miami either TT.TT

I would go to one in Miami if they had one. They never have one in Atlanta, and I don't mind driving.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:41 pm
I can't wait till they come to NYC. Hopefully I can go to Anime Fest, if not, I'll be going to Comic Con. It's all depends on my money really. But I'd LOVE to go to gaming conventions in the UK and there is one coming up also that alot of my online friends are going to. I have never been to a convention before. Anime Fest or Comic Con will be my first one. I hope to have lots of fun there. Also one of my RL friends is coming with me, she is also a member on Gaia. ^^  

Timper

5,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:42 pm
Yeah see i feel the same way if it was in the uk as well, but for some reason we always seemed to be over looked. just like with other areas around the world, ive always wondered why, they would make a lot of profit and surely enough to pay for all there traveliing and such, loads more than that. I think they do not bother because of the ammount of organizing it would take them.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:51 pm
or new jersey (im poor cant leave my state)  

chaz3

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:25 pm
I wouldn't mind going to Hotlanta I live in Kentucky so It wouldn't be too bad of a drive I just wish they wouldn't concentrate so much on california.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:03 am
New Zealand has an even lower chance of them coming here, and we dont get the items, games, movies, or release dates either. We are always behind the UK as well, so be glad that at least you get them eventually! most anime never gets here. But to be honest, it doesnt bother me that gaia never will come here, because i wouldnt go anyway  

Iconised Ghost

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:20 am
LOL

Id go, it would be a interesting experience thats for sure. But as for other places yeah they seem to miss a lot out, seems like we get the short straws. But as for animes, i go and buy them online and have them shipped over from japan and such easier for me that way.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:26 pm
ya amazon all the way mrgreen btu its still more expensive  

Iconised Ghost

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:07 pm
LOL damn i think i am gonna move XD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:57 pm
I've never been to an anime convention or any other type and I guess the closes thing was when I went to the release of the last Harry P. book...
I want to go to one so much, but I doubt they'll come to where I live. xd  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:43 am
Yeah, Kiki's coming to Arlington but I'm in San Antonio. -_-

It's a pain to drive up that far. Gas and traffic ugh...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:18 am
Ive never seen them come to the north-east -.-  

-iSnug-

- S i r - D e m i -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:25 am
Meh, I'm not too concerned with the Gaia convention thingy. I think there are better conventions out there. MegaCon 2007 was just awesome, that is, here in Central Florida. That was the largest gathering of nerds that I had ever seen.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff