Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Creative Writing/Homework Help
poems and short stories Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is this good?
  yes
  no
  kinda
  these stink like a rotten eggs
  awesome!!! =P
  blue!!!
View Results

arcane magix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:44 am
this is where i will share the poems or short stories i have to or feel like writing  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:45 am
11/15/07
My Hero Lives On…

My hero is no one, my hero is dead,
What does it matter? It fills me with dread,
To tell thee the tale of souls long out of thought,
To recount the words he told me then.

He told me to live, to love, and to thrive,
Much like the bees: up there in their hive.
He told me to forget, to move on, and to see,
That there are others: others like me.

Those who are loners, but not by choice,
Those who thrill to lift up their voice.
There are others like me, like you, and like him,
He told me to forget and live, once more, by the whim.

I’ve told you his tale, but still listen more,
The tale is still open, much like a door.
You see, dreams never die, though hearts can be broken,
And still we live on, for the tales not spoken;
Do not die but live on, through us. US!

We must tell the tales,
The yarns, and the fables,
For only through us, can humanity turn the tables,
The tables and tides, of souls long forgotten.  

arcane magix

arcane magix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:46 am
11/15/07
The Abyss of Our Souls

When one has no goals with which to compare one’s progress in life; he tends to lose sight of what he had set out to do to begin with. Like a man in a cave, if one has no trail with which to double-back upon it is nearly impossible to return through the labyrinth of life through which one must navigate. With many twists and turns we try to follow a sort of “commitment to excellence” called success. We must try to age into a ‘kind, decent, and caring human being’ as my teacher had once said. Man must learn to choose every path carefully being painstakingly sure of every path it will open.

Friedrich Nietzsche: "When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you.'' I can’t help thinking about that quote whenever I hear about someone who is facing their own abyss. When that abyss looks into you it looks not only into your soul, but your heart and mind. It sees your ambitions, your dreams, and your hope. When it sees those things it is hurt by the concept. So the abyss seeks out to crush our only tool against it in our constant power-struggle between our abyss and our limitations trying to slaughter our hopes and dreams.

It is a sorry thing indeed when such a large portion of society feels the need to force their own abyss on others, and like a meth addict, the need to do so continues to grow until that person is no longer human. He has become the abyss. The abyss is using them to manipulate others by feeding their personal abysses. People tend to lose hope and give in to the abysses, but we must resist! When an abyss comes your way, focus on your dreams and hope. We must hope people! Without hope we are but ghosts in history fading through the pages of time, until we disappear forever.

Unite as one Brothers and Sisters! We need to destroy our abysses. We need not do it alone, however, as it is impossible. We must use the support of others and in turn support them. If you see someone struggling mock them not. Instead help them, for by helping that person overcome that abyss you too are assisted by the sheer hope and life radiating from them. With each victory the abyss grows weaker! So we must stay on the warpath and vanquish our abyss, whatever it may be!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:47 am
11/15/07
Dream of A Dream

Dreamers can die,
Dreams do not.

Dreamers believe they can fly higher than the clouds,
Dreams do not.

Dreams know no bounds,
Dreamers are trapped by society.

Yet without the one the other cannot exist,
Bound eternally together by the ficklest of fates.

So without the dreamer,
What becomes of the dream?

Would they float away?
Like a balloon without an anchor?

Or disappear forever,
With a phosphorescent flare?

Perhaps like an ember,
Dimming in the shadows?

These answers are not known to me,
So I shall speak my mind,

Dreamers can die,
Dreams do not.  

arcane magix

arcane magix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:48 am
this one is kinda corny but that was the assignment, so here goes:

11/15/07
Sidekick

Do dreams have sidekicks?
Who is the Robin to the dreams Batman?

Who says: “holy ____, ____man!”
Whenever they’re surprised?

Who gets saved by the dreams,
Whenever he gets caught?

Some might say it’s us,
But I think that’s wrong.

If we were the sidekicks,
We would help the dream.

But that is backward,
For it isn’t that we help a dream,
Moreover the dream helps us  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:50 am
11/15/07
The Meadow

He stared at the face as if in a trance, remembering his childhood with an icy surge. Each memory bit him with a venom, slowly numbing him. He no longer heard any gunshots, but instead the laughter of young children. They were gallivanting around in an emerald meadow dotted with beautiful wildflowers here and there. They were playing war--the kind where the good guys always won and whenever you got shot, your best bud would come and “patch you up” and you started shooting again as if nothing had happened--and currently he was hit, and his brother was crawling across their base under heavy fire just to help him.

Tears welled in his eyes and plowed down his weary face, so twisted by pain and sorrow that he looked the mirror of his brother hanging limp in his arms. An hour later-though it had seemed an agonizing eternity to him- he found himself burying his brother in the rain not caring if he was shot or captured by the free-staters. The only thing on his mind was remorse. Why had he been the one who had survived? Or, more to the point, why was he the one burying a loved one and not the other way around? When he had finished he finally collapsed as sleep usurped his power of consciousness.

He was standing in that meadow again but this time it was devoid of life. He ran around trying in vain to get his bearings, when a blinding light appeared in the center of the once-vibrant wasteland and a figure clad in white robes without a speck of dirt on them. “Do not fear brother; there was a reason to your survival.” The figure's voice was clear and loud, like the voice of the most beautiful bell he had ever heard. He was in awe, “is this really my brother? If it is, then surely I must be dead”
“You are not dead. I, however, am very much so. You are merely asleep” his words were hard to make out and he seemed to be fading away. “There…not much time…survive broth…farewell…”
He woke up, staring deeply into the eyes of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.  

arcane magix

arcane magix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:51 am
this one is actually a report and thus, not much of a short story...

11/15/07
My hero…

This is the kind of report where some people might say “my hero is so-and-so, because he’s a good hockey player” or something along that line of stupidity. Now I’m not trying to insult people but, how you can call someone you’ve never met, and never did anything for you but win a few games on TV-if that- your hero? I could understand if what they did inspired you to come out of a depression and make something of yourself, but if all you want is to be as good as them in some silly sport, how are they heroic? That would be wasting your life! It’s okay to like sports; I’m not trying to say sports are bad. Now doing a sport is great for killing some time and can be a good, fun workout; but dedicating your entire life to it? On the off chance you might get picked for a team? I just can’t see how that is heroic. The definition of heroism is to show courage and take action; sometimes that means ‘saving someone’ when they are faced with danger. Inspiring someone to throw their lives away is almost the opposite of heroism.

Isn’t the whole idea is having someone to look up to? The purpose of a hero is to have someone who can lift you up, and throwing your life away is definitely not being lifted up. Most people would say “a hero beats the bad guys and always gets the girl” when truthfully a hero does not have to beat anyone, can be any gender, and heroes don’t always “get the girl” as portrayed in modern media. In fact heroes can be anyone: the guy who brags a little too much, the girl who cuts herself, and even the lowly “geek”. You see, heroism isn’t really the person, it’s the actions. Also, a lot of heroism is being in the right place at the right time and making the right decisions.

Heroes, you might not know it but you could be a hero, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but there’s always another day. Even the people who get straight F’s in every class can be a hero, because, the just have to make the right decision, at the right time, in the right place.

Some people say their hero is a sports star, or an actor (actress), or even the punk rock star who wrote their favorite song. The truth is there is a lot of clichés and stereotyping in heroism. There isn’t one set theme for heroes. If you notice though, all of our heroes in comics and movies are “messed up” in one way or another. Who does that sound like? Oh yeah, us.

Anyway I’m getting off the subject … my hero? You want to know who my hero is? I’ll tell you. I don’t have one. Not one. I have many! My friends are my heroes! And I’m fine with that just the way it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:56 am
so there you have it...i shall be adding more
( 4laugh just as soon as i do more 4laugh )
you may post your comments and others may add their stories but please,
NOswearing
NOsexuality
NOput-downs*

*constructive criticism is ok but if u dont have anything nice to say... stressed JUST KEEP YOUR DANG TRAP SHUT! stressed

4laugh thanx 4laugh  

arcane magix

arcane magix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:02 am
oh, one more thing:
NOspamming/bumps (they are annoying,distracting, and completely unnecessary*)
*they have forums for those who wish to bump and spam and this is NOT one of them

thank you, and remember plagerism is ILLEGAL!
exclaim exclaim exclaim !!!anyone caught plagerizing should be reported to me via pm(arcane magix)
this is a most heinous crime and must be stopped!!! exclaim exclaim exclaim  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:00 pm
all right fine if u are gonna swear in ur stories just use this and only this plz! @$%&
feel free to copy and paste it into ur stories in place of vulgar language  

arcane magix

Korina Kitari

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:20 pm
those are really good  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:25 pm
why thank you, quite frankly they are my products of my random thoughts racing through my head sweatdrop  

arcane magix

arcane magix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:26 pm
3nodding feel free to post any of your stories and please tell a friend! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:44 pm
well i have a lot of mine posted now  

Korina Kitari

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

arcane magix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:05 pm
11/28/07
REDO
my heart feels like it's been wrenched in two,