Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hindu Temple Experience Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Yesh Pleeez.
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:01 pm
Before I go on, I would just like to say that I respect the every culture, and in no way am I trying to offend anybody. Please don't take my opinions personally. Ok? Ok. heart

I live in GA, in the USA. They just built a new Hindu Temple, that has not been actually 'dedicated' yet, and they were offering free tours. This was a great experience! You walk into a magnificently carved building, made from only Marble and pure Gold. The designs on the outside and inside are so intricate, and all made by hand by thousands of volunteers. You have to take off your shoes, and talk in a whisper. They were very generous, and allowed us to participate in their rituals if we pleased. My friend did some kind of ceremony where you pour water over a golden statue of a God, and say a prayer. Anybody who has a chance to experience something like this, must do it!

I don't know about you guys, but some places I have been that are a different religion from me, they are very strict with their rules and limits. I felt kind of weird. confused

Discuss:
Temples
Experiences like this

P.S. Forgive me if this is supposed to be in Extended Discussion, but we are discussing the experience, not the religion exactly. Feel free to move it if it belongs in E.D.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:27 pm
if it put you out of your comfort zone then it was probably a good experience  

Iconised Ghost

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:31 pm
Where in Georgia was it? I'm pretty sure that it isn't anywhere close to me, which kinda sucks, but I'd like to know anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:37 pm
[Tsukasa567]
Where in Georgia was it? I'm pretty sure that it isn't anywhere close to me, which kinda sucks, but I'd like to know anyway.

I think it was near Lilburn. Not sure. sweatdrop  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:41 pm
Midori Hayashi
[Tsukasa567]

I think it was near Lilburn. Not sure. sweatdrop
Lol, I imagine that's North or West Georgia, so pretty much not close to me. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:23 pm
I remember when survivor China first started and they went to a hindu temple and that one older lady FREAKED OUT because she thought they were forcing her to go through with a devils ceremony...... burning_eyes  

angel_half82
Crew

bandanas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:20 am
i went to a temple when i was 10 i think and i chased chickens all day. the monks were some of the nicest and funniest people i have ever met.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:38 am
bandanas
i went to a temple when i was 10 i think and i chased chickens all day. the monks were some of the nicest and funniest people i have ever met.

Yeah, they were all so kind and generous. No chickens here though. xp  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Artanus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:18 am
I'd love to do that. Sounds fun. it also sounds a little more humble than Church or Temple. I don't go to either one. I am an atheist, but I always love learning about different cultures.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:21 am
Artanus
I'd love to do that. Sounds fun. it also sounds a little more humble than Church or Temple. I don't go to either one. I am an atheist, but I always love learning about different cultures.

Yeah, I am a Non-Denomenational Christian, but I love to learn about the different cultures.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:43 am
probably different monks, but I love it when they make those sand pictures and then destroy them when they are finished. Those things are amazing  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:44 am
Iconised Ghost
probably different monks, but I love it when they make those sand pictures and then destroy them when they are finished. Those things are amazing

Never heard of those. Sounds cool though.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:51 am
I'll try and find some pictures. They came here for a while ages ago, but it was really neat to watch them making it.

Oki hopefully this doesnt stretch the page too much >.<

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The detail is incredible  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:54 am
omg they make that with sand?! eek  

bandanas

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:06 pm
eek Wow. That is marvelous. eek  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff