Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
Staying Motivated

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

huzzah, fitness!
  yay! tacos!
View Results

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:03 pm
What are some ways you keep yourself motivated while you´re trying to become healthier/lose weight?

It´s been hard for me, lately. It´s the end of the fall semester, I´m already incredibly run down and stressed out and my uncle killed himself a couple of days ago, so I´ve just been really unmotivated to even just breath.

But, anyway!

On a normal basis, I find that it helps me to stay motivated if I stand in front of the mirror for a bit and pick at myself. I know, some people will tell me that I have BDD or something, but it´s not like I´m looking in the mirror and thinking "holy s**t I´m a beached whale!" it just helps me pin-point the things I still need to work on and the things I don´t like so I can better pick out the exercises I want to do for that day.

As for dieting, I guess there´s no better advice I can give anyone but to just stick with it! Once you start eating healthier foods, that´s what you´ll begin to crave. It really does just get easier with time. :]

So, tell me, WN... what helps to motivated you?
Do you view yourself as healthy, underweight, or overweight?
Do you have a routine set down?
What are some physical activities that you enjoy?

*sits down and prepares to wait a looong time for anyone to respond*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:30 am
Lol, I knew this thread would just disappear. x3  

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

destinywarrior03

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:15 pm
Hi! I want to lose some pounds too. When I try to eat healthy & then I start to give up/ think it's not worth it, I eat junk food like there's no tomorrow: however much I want, you know before I start eating less again.
To me one of the best motivations is to start seeing results, but it takes discipline which is hard! Well, best wishes for you!  
"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games