Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Saku's Awesome Night

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O.o
  =O=o=
View Results

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:28 am
So it's the holiday season and i've been working longer hours lately. (not on as much either if you couldn't tell) although alot of that has been, i got burned out after 3 hours of item transfers to this new account.... ANYWAY.

So at about 2:45pm (i get off at 4) my best friend calls me and asks if i have anything to do that night. Thursday night? Psh ya right. SO i tellz him nope i'm tottaly free, and he says "do you want to go to a seminar with me and liz?" *doh* (liz is his fiancee btw). It turns out he had "won" a free 4day 5night vaccation blah blah blah... and all he had to do was sit thru this time share seminar thing...
Exciting..... stare

But! I didn't have anything better to do, and figured at the least i'd get a chance to catch up on my new manga's or go out for drinks after. But i was still not too thrilled. *Time passes* 4pm rolls around and i split from the office like a ripe bananna because hanging out with clint... always means a little extra fun of the less than legal kind (my fault really... i'm such a bad influence :XP: ) and get out of my house around 5pm. Long story short..er. We get downtown and it's already late (the seminar starts at 6:15 it was like 6:00 when we arrived downtown) and if you've never been to downtown SA.... lets just say driving is a NIGHTMARE if you don't know exactly where you're going. 1 way streets everywhere and everytime i turned it seemed like they would take me in the wrong direction. We finally arrive at the hotel at like 6:45 and ask where the seminar is being held...
Hotel Staff= Clueless... We find no info around about it, and when we call the lady who set it up, she confirms it's supposed to be at the holiday inn. Well.. by now, if you hadn't of guessed it, we're caring less and less about this thing by the second and getting more and more frustrated. Clint (my best friend) picks up a tourist map and takes a look and guess what... (what?) we were at the WRONG ******** HOLIDAY IN! The one we were supposed to be at is 4 miles away thru a ton more of downtown... so we all agreed ******** IT. and went walking around downtown to find something else to do.

The riverwalk is freakin Awesome this time of year... Christmas lights are strung up everywhere and the weather is chilly but nice. Clint see's a ad for the Rivercity Comedy Club on the back of his lil tourist map and after 15min of deliberating we decide it's the best thing to do. None of us had ever even been to a Comedy club before so we were just hoping someone half decent was on and the drinks were cheep enough to get nicely sloshed.

Another 30min of walking later, we get to el club de comedy and lo and behold. On a Thursday night... we see.
SPECIAL GUEST TONIGHT ONLY! GABRIEL IGLASIAS
If you could see the expression on our faces.... we probably stood there with our chins to the floor for a good minute and a half. IF you don't know who Gabriel Iglasias is...
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1169/gabriel_iglesias_dancing/
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/751057/the_best_of_gabriel_iglesias_ep_2/
http://www.comedycentral.com/comedians/browse/i/gabriel_iglesias.jhtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Iglesias

Needless to say... Hilarious guy. Oh on another side note Drinks and Food at the Comedy Club... = ******** EXPENSIVE. OK moving on. The night included 5 comedians and most of them were pretty damn good and ended with Gabriels set. It was a great show and afterwards when he was out in the foyer i started talking to him ( i didn't have my camera with me... DAMNIT!) and he even invited me to go hit a bar with the comedy group he was with.. and man i soo wanted to go but i had work this morning and couldn't *shakes fist*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:34 am
Nifty night. Not much to do out here when I climb out of the catacombs. ^__^  

Haha6977

Razenof

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:04 pm
Freaking lucky a** b*****d! though i know your pain for work... i had to be at work at 6:30am this morning *sigh*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:17 pm
Well, that just sounds awesome.
Lucky xd

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Representative of Kiba

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:24 pm
Lucky! He is hilarious... xd  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff