Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
literary character day

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reading! its...
  fundamental!
  too much work!
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:23 am
so, at the school where i teach, today is literary character day.

as in, you get to dress up as your favorite character from your favorite book. xd

i wasn't told about this until yesterday, so sadly, i cannot participate as the character i'd wanna dress up as wears a cloak and has a crown of swirling diamonds on her head.

go here to get an idea and imagine a swirling tiara of loose diamonds floating around her cute little head.

anyway! next year, i will be ready with my awesome kickass costume, but this day poses an interesting question...

if YOU could dress up as your favorite literary character, who would it be? why, and is the book any good? xd

also, just for shits and giggles, here's that character ((rhapsody)), courtesy of tektek:

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:26 pm
haha omg this is great. I did this for projects when I was little. In the fifth grade I was lucy from Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.

But today....

I would be the turtle from Edgar Eager's book Magic By The Lake

I read all those books except for Magic or Not? and Seven Day Magic when I was little :]]

Either that or I'd be Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle.

I like old children's books. :] they rock it hardcore 8]

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:36 pm
D:
It was literary character day and they didn't even tell us?
gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:19 am
FangzV
D:
It was literary character day and they didn't even tell us?
gonk

uh, well, they didn't tell me. sweatdrop i was sad...

we had a LOT of "angelina ballerina"s yesterday and a kid in what LOOKED like a chicken little suit, but he said he was "the duck who ran for president"...which i've never heard of, but it was still cute!

lots of "madeline"s and various narnia characters...including a pre-k kid who dressed up in a lion costume. xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

DarkerFairytaleDreams

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:29 am
i would totally be the spider from james and the giant peach lol i loved that book as a kid...or id be one of the oompa loompas from charlie and the chocolate factory or maybe id be alice from alice in wonderland i was the queen of hearts last time or the cheshire cat....damn this is hard picking just one....  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games