Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I know a lot of you aren't religious but... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
View Results

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:51 pm
Pray for me and everyone else in Utah.

http://deseretnews.com/article/content/mobile/0,5223,635199749,00.html

In other words, Utah is in no way prepared for a 7.0 earthquake along the Wasatch fault. And guess what? I currently reside in the Wasatch Valley. gonk

They're predicting 6,200 dead and 90,000 injured.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:44 pm
gonk Oh you poor thing!

I'll make sure to pray. If I don't I'll hit myself.
10 times.

I hope you, your friends, and your family, and everyone else, emerge out of this OK.

I know this 90,000 injured doesn't sound good, but at least there might be more people injured than dead according to their predictions.  

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:48 pm
aw, don't worry so much! *pats* heart

they've been predicting a HUUUUGE earth quake where i live FOREVER. we had to watch videos about it in school and every city around here has a "preparedness plan" and "objectives".

you see, we live near the new madrid fault line. xd

last time it blew, it made the mississippi river RUN BACKWARDS.

they keep saying "oh! we're fifty years overdue for this earthquake! oh lordy!!!" but the thing is, fault lines shift and go inactive all the dang time. just because something has been going off every hundred years since recorded time DOESN'T MEAN it'll keep happening!

i mean, jesus, you look @ the history of the earth and its a MIRACLE we're even alive right now! sweatdrop

can't live your life in fear of what COULD happen, ya know? 3nodding just keep thinking happy thoughts and have a good earthquake kit in your house and car! that's what we do! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:58 pm
wait, the article says that its supposed to happen in feb 2008? surely thats enough time to evacuate or develop some sort of plan  

Iconised Ghost

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:28 pm
Where I live an earthquake happened recently, but only some felt it.
I didn't, I was at the mall when it happened and my mom called me to check if I was ok and told me about it. It sorta freaked me out. gonk

But don't worry you'll be fine and I'll pray anyways. 3nodding

I remember missing a day of school cause a woman predicted that an earthquake was going to happen and then nothing happened. That happens here a lot. I think it's best not to worry to much about it. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:33 pm
*prays* I hope you guys are ok. I hope it isn't as bad as they predicted...  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:29 pm
They predict a death/injury? wtf??? can they do that?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:37 pm
7.0 strength? My, that is quite powerful, but its a prediction? I agree with Ghost, if the perdiction is true, then there should be some sort of an evacuation plan. *nod*  

- S i r - D e m i -

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:00 pm
Personally, I don't think that you have anything to worry about, most of the time those estimates are way overblown, I mean, anyone remember Katrina? They were predicting tens of thousands dead if I remember correctly, and the actual number was far less than that.

But yeah, earthquakes, despite all the knowledge we seem to think we have, remain a mystery to scientists, considering that they can't say when it's going to happen until after it's already begun. So don't worry your pretty little head Lily, things will be just fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:09 pm
I keep waiting for this earthquake that is supposed to happen in Kentucky because when the earthquake comes the zombies will come too. cool  

angel_half82
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:12 pm
mrgreen im waiting for auckland to blow up, since we are sitting on a fault line and have 50 volcanoes in 360 square kilometer area xd

Looking at the map its worrying
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
But if you have plenty of technology measuring things (which im sure are better than ours) then you should be peachy  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:20 pm
domokun No offense but every time i turn on the tv it shows about some kind of cataclysmic event that is going to strike or already struck america surprised so even though South Africa is ridden with its own atrocities ninja would suck living there lol  

Irukus

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:32 pm
lol dont turn on the tv >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:07 pm
what we all REALLY need to be worried about is when yellowstone park blows the ******** up.

3nodding

and i shall be verra sad that day. not because of the insane volcanic winter and the millions that will die and all the species that will go extinct. NO.

i shall be verra sad because i adore the morning glory pool and it won't be there anymore. crying  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:09 pm
yeah thats one explosion i'll be glad to miss  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items