Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Religion's affect on Politics Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love?
  And Peace!!!
View Results

Irukus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:32 pm
domokun During that years if i remember correctly ( not a history genius ) much of Asia like china, japan and such wasn't very open with the rest of the world domokun and the middle east is quite a distance from those oriental countries , so i don't really see the possibility that Jesus studied Buddhism domokun besides, as far as i know, Jesus was a teacher, not a student  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:36 pm
All teachers have to learn somewhere. Its quite a way to go, but he might have been able to make it...although he only lived to 33 right, so maybe not...hmmm  

Iconised Ghost

Irukus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:40 pm
Iconised Ghost
All teachers have to learn somewhere. Its quite a way to go, but he might have been able to make it...although he only lived to 33 right, so maybe not...hmmm

All teachers indeed ninja but wot is there left to teach, to someone who already understands everything ? domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:41 pm
Irukus
Iconised Ghost

All teachers indeed ninja but wot is there left to teach, to someone who already understands everything ? domokun

ya but he must have learnt it all from somewhere/someone/some deity so at some point he must have been a student. Im sure he would have been open to new knowledge. Probably xp  

Iconised Ghost

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:44 pm
Iconised Ghost
is there any record of it in Buddhist texts?
There's really no record of it anywhere, people just theorize that it happened because when he re-emerges after however many years, many of the things he teaches are the same things the Buddha taught his followers.

And actually, it really isn't all that far to get around, and if I remember correctly there really wasn't anything that was keeping them closed off to the rest of the world, although I could be wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Iconised Ghost
Irukus
Iconised Ghost

ya but he must have learnt it all from somewhere/someone/some deity so at some point he must have been a student. Im sure he would have been open to new knowledge. Probably xp

Because Jesus was a extension of God, thus being the trinity ( God, Jesus and the holy spirit ) he received all his knowledge from God, thus being a student under the God himself domokun and i suppose he would be open to "new" knowledge if it was approved by God domokun but who am i to say this  

Irukus

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Irukus
Iconised Ghost
Irukus
Iconised Ghost

Because Jesus was a extension of God, thus being the trinity ( God, Jesus and the holy spirit ) he received all his knowledge from God, thus being a student under the God himself domokun and i suppose he would be open to "new" knowledge if it was approved by God domokun but who am i to say this

thats exactly what i was trying to say  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:49 pm
domokun Well there you go 3nodding  

Irukus

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:21 pm
Iconised Ghost
TSN, to say that you find it rude that someone would say that other views are bad when they are only "different from your views" and then turn around and say that Islam is a religion of hate is a bit hypocritical.

omg i think i'm in love with you. heart

how are you not on my friends list??? crying

and, for the record ((and i say this as someone with an extensive religious background AND as someone who TEACHES @ a non-denominational christian school)), all religions ARE basically the same.

take away the names, take away the idiotic dogma inserted over the centuries by asshats who wanted to use religion to gain power over people, take away aaaall that, and LOOK @ the stories.

in EVERY MAJOR RELIGION, there is a "spring child" ((this would be christ for all you christian peeps)). there is always a sacred mother. there is forever a skyfather.

origin stories, stories of death and rebirth, stories of good overcoming evil and stories of people being punished for their wicked deeds, tested in their faith and rewarded for being good souls is the foundation of just about every major religion in the world.

its because that's what humans gravitate toward. its what we NEED to survive in a harsh reality.

heart

((nya! y'all SO weren't expecting something like the above from me! hahahahaha!))  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:34 pm
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
TSN, to say that you find it rude that someone would say that other views are bad when they are only "different from your views" and then turn around and say that Islam is a religion of hate is a bit hypocritical.

and, for the record ((and i say this as someone with an extensive religious background AND as someone who TEACHES @ a non-denominational christian school)), all religions ARE basically the same.

take away the names, take away the idiotic dogma inserted over the centuries by asshats who wanted to use religion to gain power over people, take away aaaall that, and LOOK @ the stories.

in EVERY MAJOR RELIGION, there is a "spring child" ((this would be christ for all you christian peeps)). there is always a sacred mother. there is forever a skyfather.

origin stories, stories of death and rebirth, stories of good overcoming evil and stories of people being punished for their wicked deeds, tested in their faith and rewarded for being good souls is the foundation of just about every major religion in the world.

its because that's what humans gravitate toward. its what we NEED to survive in a harsh reality.

heart

((nya! y'all SO weren't expecting something like the above from me! hahahahaha!))
Aye, you make a good point. The only reason I disagree on that point at all is because I'm not just counting major religions. I don't think anyone should focus on just them. But I belong to one of the more "in the shadows" ones, so that might be why.  

YukaSilkenFur

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:36 pm
YukaSilkenFur
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost

heart

Aye, you make a good point. The only reason I disagree on that point at all is because I'm not just counting major religions. I don't think anyone should focus on just them. But I belong to one of the more "in the shadows" ones, so that might be why.

Out of curiosity, what might that religion be?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:40 pm
Awiergan Resurrection
YukaSilkenFur
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost

heart

Out of curiosity, what might that religion be?

the happy-fun-time-let's-all-drink-the-tasty-magic-koolaid one? xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:40 pm
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost

i dunno, prob because i only get riled up enough to say anything when people talk about religion and psychology ^_^

bluegrass cat

heart

ya i guess the major...specifications (?) of all religions are the same. The difference i suppose is in the practices (thats a lousy statement i know, but im full and snoozy ^_^)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:06 am
teh sexiful nerdy
1. do not double post.

2. do not try to incur favor by stating that everyone needs God.

3. Its alright but no, I do not have to agree that religion has too large a grip, except for Islam but that is simply because it is a religion of Hate.

ok... its statements like this that piss me the ******** off. what the ******** do you know about Islam besides what is hand fed to you by the media and by your own fearful hypocritical religious leaders? Its ignorant people like you that feed that hate you talk about. you wana talk about hateful religions why dont you go look at your own religions damn history... all the s**t the "good" Christian people have done... confused
Edit:

sorry i know this post has nothing to do with politics but i saw her post and my head exploded rolleyes

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:33 am
You never know, she may have a perfectly legitimate reason for thinking that. Although i disagree with the statement and think it is wrong to make such a statement, she may have had personal experiences with it which means that that is what she believes. It would be ignorant of us to assume she knows nothing about it wink  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff