Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Religion's affect on Politics Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love?
  And Peace!!!
View Results

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:46 am
Iconised Ghost
You never know, she may have a perfectly legitimate reason for thinking that. Although i disagree with the statement and think it is wrong to make such a statement, she may have had personal experiences with it which means that that is what she believes. It would be ignorant of us to assume she knows nothing about it wink

:/ uh huh.. and what reason excuses that kind of ignorance and prejudice?

Im gana walk away from this because i promised Dana no drama : D and because I really might just explode

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:50 am
Knitterz
Iconised Ghost
You never know, she may have a perfectly legitimate reason for thinking that. Although i disagree with the statement and think it is wrong to make such a statement, she may have had personal experiences with it which means that that is what she believes. It would be ignorant of us to assume she knows nothing about it wink

Im gana walk away from this because i promised Dana no drama : D and because I really might just explode

i dunno, not a lot excuses it, but a fair few things might explain it. She might know people personally who had been captured by Islamic radicalists, or had personal run ins with them etc etc  

Iconised Ghost

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:01 am
Iconised Ghost
Knitterz
Iconised Ghost

i dunno, not a lot excuses it, but a fair few things might explain it. She might know people personally who had been captured by Islamic radicalists, or had personal run ins with them etc etc

That still gives you no reason. Should I hate catholics because one killed my friend? No I don't think so. And I have no hatred towards the Islams or Muslims or whatever they are that killed off many of my friends/family in Iraq. Hate the person who did it, not the entire group. Otherwise I wouldn't be a people person. razz

But anyways no drama, and thank you kitty. I want a drama free Christmas. It's all I want. xd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:04 am
Teh Dana
Iconised Ghost
Knitterz
Iconised Ghost

That still gives you no reason. Should I hate catholics because one killed my friend? No I don't think so. And I have no hatred towards the Islams or Muslims or whatever they are that killed off many of my friends/family in Iraq. Hate the person who did it, not the entire group. Otherwise I wouldn't be a people person. razz

But anyways no drama, and thank you kitty. I want a drama free Christmas. It's all I want. xd

iawtc!

i mean, shoot, angel was over in friggin iraq getting shot @ and yelled @ by people who said they were muslim. ((i say that they SAID they were muslim because REAL islam has nothing to do with blowing up people confused )), but i've got nothing against anyone based on their RELIGION.

DRAMA-FREE CHRISTMASES ALL AROUND!!!

((especially since this thread has been moved and will now die a slow, sad death. sweatdrop ))  

WastelandMama
Crew

ZippoDemon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:27 am
so whats up with legislature's that are against gay marriage? its being stopped by people with supposed "morality" which they typically derive from their "moral religious upbringing." whats so bad about two loving people declaring their union official? even though they are of the same sex their love is true and genuine correct? idk, maybe i think that the religious views on being gay are leading this country away from progress and denying those people their "right to the pursuit of happiness"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:36 am
bluegrass cat
Teh Dana
Iconised Ghost
Knitterz
Iconised Ghost

iawtc!

i mean, shoot, angel was over in friggin iraq getting shot @ and yelled @ by people who said they were muslim. ((i say that they SAID they were muslim because REAL islam has nothing to do with blowing up people confused )), but i've got nothing against anyone based on their RELIGION.

((especially since this thread has been moved and will now die a slow, sad death. sweatdrop ))

I said it explained her actions, not excused them 3nodding Just because something is inexcusable doesnt mean we cant understand why someone did it

@ZippoDemon: is the right to persue happiness an actual right legally? Im not sure about US law  

Iconised Ghost

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:06 pm
Iconised Ghost
bluegrass cat
Teh Dana
Iconised Ghost
Knitterz
Iconised Ghost

iawtc!

I said it explained her actions, not excused them 3nodding Just because something is inexcusable doesnt mean we cant understand why someone did it

@ZippoDemon: is the right to persue happiness an actual right legally? Im not sure about US law
Yeah, it's in there, we have the rights to, "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." Originally it was Property, but oh well, that changed.

And dammit, why'd this get moved? It should have stayed in the main forum, I'm sure it was because it was starting to degenerate into a petty arguement, but still, we could have kept discussing it, but now it's been given a death sentence.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:57 pm
wow this got so much attention i'm so proud of this little thread. It's grown so much! If only my Random Quote thread got this much attention.  

Ashon_Superior

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:13 pm
People actually care about topics like this. Random quotes.....

Not so much.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:11 pm
Random quotes dont usually get such a big reaction from ppl. Unless you're quoting Knitterz mrgreen  

Iconised Ghost

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 am
I have to say that religion does affect many of my desicions and especially when it comes to politics. But it is only because I feel that religion is a big part of my life. I am a Christian and I live my life out the way God says I should. But that is just me. I am not telling anyone they need to do what I am doing. That being said, I don't think that Church and State can ever truly be seperated because I know other friends from other religions in which their religion affects their desicions too. Religion affects many touchy subjects like Gay Marriage and Abortion. So even if Chruch and State were seperated, I still think religious people would base their choices on their religion.  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff