Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
young people! kindly explain yourselves!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kids these days...
  seriously, wtf?
  shut up, old people!
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:21 pm
now, i know there are a lot of youngsters in this guild, and i'd like to get their insight on wtf is up with y'all's generation?

did you know britney spears little sister, jamie, is PREGGERS @ 16?

showing you can take the girl outta the trailer, but you can't take the trailer outta the girl!

((okay, that was mean...maybe i'll make the naughty list after all. xd ))

my generation had its share of scandals, too, what with all the school shootings that went on, but WHAT IS WITH THESE PREGNANCIES AND NAKKIE PICS ALL OVER THE PLACE???

is this a fad and i'm just too old to get it?

confused

discuss:

this generation's legacy
whacked out celebs acting TWENTY YEARS OLDER than they should

heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:27 pm
America has no morals.  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:30 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
America has no morals.

um...okay. stare

i'd like to think we're doing better today than back in pioneer times when frontiersmen took on multiple native wives cause it "didn't count" if it was with a native...

i'm just curious as to WHY this generation seems to have fixated on sex. with my gen, it was so totally violence. xd i'm kinda wondering what the next "vice of the now" will be...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:38 pm
bluegrass cat
teh sexiful nerdy
America has no morals.

um...okay. stare

i'd like to think we're doing better today than back in pioneer times when frontiersmen took on multiple native wives cause it "didn't count" if it was with a native...

i'm just curious as to WHY this generation seems to have fixated on sex. with my gen, it was so totally violence. xd i'm kinda wondering what the next "vice of the now" will be...

I don't honestly know. I really don't understand it either and am hardly sexually active myself. I couldn't tell you :]  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:46 pm

Lyss's opinion is this:

Kids these days never saw the old Sesame Street, Mr. Rodgers, and other favorites that Lyss grew up with as a kid. The old Sesame Street is now considered "too adult" just because of Cookie Monster eating cookies, and Bert and Ernie living together in a basement apartment, and other factors. Little girls have to aspire being thin as twigs, dressing in slutty clothes just to have themselves feel pretty. (Referring to Bratz, and middle school kids)

Basically, it is the trends, advertising, and stupidity of the parents of the kids themselves that has turned America into what it is today.

As for the celebrities who act older than they should:
Get off the drugs and act your age. [/built up rage from bad day]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:46 pm
I'm not sure if that's true. Different sources have said different things. But whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if she was.

I don't know if you'd consider me "young" (I'm 19), but I don't understand...this generation. I'm a virgin by choice, so I don't know why they're so fixated on sex.  

Lily the Pink

Level Seventy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:50 pm
I'm just sorry your generation is so damn gulliable. That stuff is a bunch of bull s**t. XD
sorry. its all fake.
i read on it.
she freaked out. she only missed her period and thought she should tell her stupid a** sister.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:56 pm
Virus93
I'm just sorry your generation is so damn gulliable. That stuff is a bunch of bull s**t. XD
sorry. its all fake.
i read on it.
she freaked out. she only missed her period and thought she should tell her stupid a** sister.

Prove it then. Lyss doesn't read gossip, but Lyss likes seeing proof. :3nod

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

Level Seventy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:58 pm
ok i'll call her up and tell her to tell you.
and if you dont read gossip then why do you believe the gossip?
huh?
you just like got no where.
XD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:00 pm
Virus93
ok i'll call her up and tell her to tell you.
and if you dont read gossip then why do you believe the gossip?
huh?
you just like got no where.
XD

Did Lyss ever say she believed gossip?

Silly goose egg.

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:08 pm
Oh wow I'm so gonna feel old after I say this. xp gonk

Anyway I think kids just aren't being disciplined the right way, like they have probably a little to much freedom plus easy access to things they probably shouldn't have access to. Take for example kids that are only 11 or even 10 and they get to go out with their friends alone and stay out till 12am or more (and I'm saying this cause I've seen this a lot). I'm not saying this is happening with every young person, but there is a number of them out there. I think maybe it's lack of applying good values and also some parents rather be friends with their children than a strict parent because they don't want their kids to hate them, this is a mistake in my eyes cause they're young and what they might want isn't necessary what's good for them and if they screw up because they didn't have that guidance then they're never going to say "I should have listened to my parents when they warned me about [insert stupid mistake here]". It's actually something I think about when I make a mistake and it was something my parents warned me about. xd

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have some freedom, but it needs to be a freedom where the parent has some control. Like if they're going out, the parents should at least know where they're going and with who and they should set up a time for them to come back home plus have some form of communication with them. That way the kid gets to have fun and the parent can check up on them in case anything happens. This is just my opinion though I'm not gonna tell anyone how they should raise their kids. I just hope that they can control the craziness that is this generation...though I'm just 19. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:20 pm
As it says in the bible, "Theres nothing new under the sun."
The big difference is now the size of population. Theres more people in the world so it happens more often.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:44 pm
I also think there's always been problems and maybe it just seems to be worse. I don't know, I don't have any proof of how it's gotten worse or better, but personally I think there is a bit of loss of control.

Like this past Halloween where some stores were selling the sluttiest costumes for little girls and it was all over the news, too.

I guess I can only say that if I get to be a mom I'll try to raise them the best way I can.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:08 pm
domokun I think its because the world has become very liberal with their sexuality and sexual acts, thus this easily corrupts the minds of a smaller child thinking these are good things because society seems to accept it with a deep swallow domokun since things like this is going on, on the tv, radio and especially the internet wahmbulance its hard stopping this kind of nature from reaching children domokun and since we cannot properly discipline children now, who is going to stop this from getting far worst then it already is ? ninja  

Irukus

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:21 pm
Are you seriously comparing teen pregnancy and nakedness to mass murder? xd  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items