Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Milk and Cookies? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you're Happy and You Know It...
  I'm never happy...grrr
  *clap* *clap* Yes! I'm happpeee!! weeheeee!!!
  huh? -.-
View Results

ShineyAddiction

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:14 am
Is this only an American traditon for Santa or is it global?
Happy Holidays everyone!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:51 am
I haven't a clue. We never left out food in our house, though, and I live in America. I knew of the tradition, but just never followed it, that I can remember.  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:52 am
All I want for Christmas....
Nope I used to leave food out :3 So its probably Global
... Is my love <3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:58 am
User Image
In Mexico, the tradition is that Santa doesnt have reindeer, in stead, he has flying magical donkies.  

-iSnug-

RaidenKazama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:09 am
I live in England and when I was young we used to leave a glass of sherry and mince pies for Santa, and a carrot for his reindeer. In the early hours of the morning, about the only time I ever got up early... there would be an empty glass and plate surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:22 am
to be honest i left out chocolate..and then i caught my dad munching on it one yr and thats when i realized that there is no santa claus  

DarkerFairytaleDreams

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

RaidenKazama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:40 am
black_andraya
to be honest i left out chocolate..and then i caught my dad munching on it one yr and thats when i realized that there is no santa claus

Ofcourse theres a Santa! Your dad was just being naughty. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:23 pm
I wouldn't know, since I don't live anywhere that isn't America. -_-  

Pachelbel Canon

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:41 pm
RaidenKazama
I live in England and when I was young we used to leave a glass of sherry and mince pies for Santa, and a carrot for his reindeer. In the early hours of the morning, about the only time I ever got up early... there would be an empty glass and plate surprised

we do that too ^_^ and we're from England. Only we left whisky out for him instead of sherry  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:43 pm
Iconised Ghost
RaidenKazama

we do that too ^_^ and we're from England. Only we left whisky out for him instead of sherry

See quotes ^_^ (yes another brit)

Grail Avara

Magnetic Survivor

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:52 pm
Well I don't remember leaving any food for Santa, but we always left grass for the three wise men's camels. domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:42 pm
Of course it's not just American.. Jeeze.. Here in Australia we leave a meat pie and a can of beer. xD  

Pirate-Wolfe

Artanus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:04 pm
We only left food out when I was little. The cat's broke the plate once. I think that was the last year we did it. We left Milk and Cookies and carrots for the reindeer.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:09 pm
Pirate-Wolfe
Of course it's not just American.. Jeeze.. Here in Australia we leave a meat pie and a can of beer. xD

Yeah, well here in the south we leave a bowl of grits and a glass of sweat tea. talk2hand  

Awiergan Resurrection

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:14 pm
santa with the red suit, big jelly belly and sack o' toys is an original american tradition, as is the leaving of the cookies.

its spread worldwide, though...but still...

ITS AMERICAN!!!

scream

we always did milk and cookies @ mi casa when i was little...chocolate chip with frosting because THOSE are santa's favorite!

when we have little ones ourselves, we'll put out peanut butter cookies because then THOSE will be santa's ((angel's)) favorite. 3nodding  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff