Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Item Values Dropping...? O.o WTF? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

retarded?
  quite
View Results

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:53 pm
so I was just looking at the MP to see how much grass skirts go for cause my friend wants one real bad.

Mine cost the donor (it was a gift) a good 250k

And now its going for 35k.

Something wrong here? I think so... O.o

Has anyone noticed other items dropping dramatically in price?

Does anyone know why the grass skirt has done this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:30 am
thats quite a drop. the only thing i can think of is that because it is xmas, people are buying more, therefore demand increases, so price decreases  

Iconised Ghost

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:42 am
Iconised Ghost
thats quite a drop. the only thing i can think of is that because it is xmas, people are buying more, therefore demand increases, so price decreases
..... some how im not sure thats how things work... could be wrong but i duno..

@TSN: YEY! its finally going down to the price its actually worth : D ... back in the day you could get those things for 100g! D<  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:40 am
Hmmm, typically price increases with demand, not decreases. Demand ^, and if supply v or staying same, then price ^

Or at least that's what they told me in economy class. :/  

Pachelbel Canon

Leixi

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:35 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Easy... OMG Boxes and Evolving Items.

The Evolving items are dropping pretty much everything right now, while the OMG boxes you are guaranteed something valued from 3k to up and you have the chance of getting giftboxes.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:16 am
All I want for Christmas....
Well I got my grass skirt from an OMG box xD So loads of people are getting more of a chance of getting one. The more of an item there is the cheaper it is. Simple
... Is my love <3

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Alienor Kaze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:18 am
Actually, I think that's a good thing. A lot of the items that are crazily expensive now weren't worth so much when they first made their appearance years ago. For example, I bought the black and white striped stockings for 8000g back in 2005, but now they sell for about 3.5mil (over 900k. at the very least).

I know from a friend that she got her ninja headband for 3.5k back when it first came out. And yes, I do understand that it was much harder to make gold back in those days, but earning 3.5k still wasn't that much of a difficult feat.

Also, I do understand that these prices rise due to the fact that they aren't offered in the shops (thus making their number quite sparse), but I found that a few of the prices are jumping too much. Also, some of the store items that are sold in the marketplace usually sell more expensively than the original. So unless you were bidding, it's a pretty poor deal. But even some bids aren't that great of a deal either, since there are a lot of people who come around and place 10k for their bids.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:36 am
aprilness
Hmmm, typically price increases with demand, not decreases. Demand ^, and if supply v or staying same, then price ^

I don't know why they told you that. o.o I'm taking economics right now, almost done with the class. Demand falls as prices get higher, it doesn't rise with it, thus suppliers usually increase or decrease prices based mostly on supply. If there's too little, charge more, that will decrease the demand and balance things out a bit. If there's a lot, decrease price to increase the demand and get rid of the stuff.

I don't think the price changes are that big of a deal either. It's just the rules of economics. *shrug* Makes logical sense that they should fluctuate, and though the amount of fluctuation seems kind of drastic, there's probably a reason behind it.  

YukaSilkenFur

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:49 am
thats just plain retarded.

I'm not against others having them but that pisses me off because of the work put into funding mine.

And trust me, I remember the days, grass skirts were noob items when I joined. I bought a HB for 20k. Trust me, I remember.

I was looking up laurels (gold) and dang they've risen. just two years ago I got mine for a value trade worth 65k.

Its ridiculous.

I want a coconut bra back though D: I had one long long ago xD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:03 pm
Dear god in heaven; please say the katanas are dropping *fervent prayer-age*  

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300

pseudo optimist

Tiny Animal

21,275 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:18 pm
Officer Hot-Pants
Dear god in heaven; please say the katanas are dropping *fervent prayer-age*

I second that. I want to buy another katana. Right now I'm wishing I hadn't sold the one I had a while back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:26 pm
When I joined, my exact first two market searches were "katana" and "dai-katana". Disappointment, thou art a cruel and miserly b***h...

EDIT

I was, as might be obvious, modeling myself on Lord Sephiroth...

JOIN THE JENOVA's WITNESSES TODAY!!! WE HAVE FREE HATS!!!

EDITUS SECUNDUS

And for another example of complete crap-seemingness becoming a veritable gold mine, look at those goofy-lookin' glasses they gave us a few years ago for the Gaian new year party. I can sell those things for 400g a piece, easy. I accumulated about 30 of those things that night. SCORE!!! I KNEW being a pack-rat would pay off...  

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:39 pm
YukaSilkenFur
aprilness

I don't know why they told you that. o.o I'm taking economics right now, almost done with the class. Demand falls as prices get higher, it doesn't rise with it, thus suppliers usually increase or decrease prices based mostly on supply. If there's too little, charge more, that will decrease the demand and balance things out a bit. If there's a lot, decrease price to increase the demand and get rid of the stuff.

I don't think the price changes are that big of a deal either. It's just the rules of economics. *shrug* Makes logical sense that they should fluctuate, and though the amount of fluctuation seems kind of drastic, there's probably a reason behind it.

Right...that's what I said...wait..didn't I? If supply is down the price goes up? And like....remember Furbies? When they first came out? The demand for them was so high, so the price went up. And demand didn't go down just because price went up. You couldn't find them ANYWHERE coz everywhere sold out. The demand going up is the cause of supply going down, and the supply going down causes the price to go up. Which is why there were Furbies selling for hundreds on eBay.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:52 pm
You said that price increases with demand. Which means that if the price goes up, the demand goes up. Surely thats not right?? I never took economics, but that makes no sense to me  

Iconised Ghost

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:18 pm
The Katana will not be dropping in the same way these will

Other things are dropping due to OMG boxes, Donation Items are not attainable through them.

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff