Well?
  Gotta say I agree, that reasoning is bratty
  No, its a perfectly good reason to stop believing
  there's... there's no santa? T_T
View Results

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:13 pm
All right so my mom forced me to sit through a bunch of Christmas movies.. some not so bad, some I was wondering why I had to force myself to sit through. Of course Christmas movies mean Santa movies. And I noticed a trend, all these people stopped believing in Santa because one year they didn't get what they wanted for Christmas. Now is it just me or does that seem... stupidly selfish? Why did me and my sister stop believing in Santa? Cause we figured out that it is pretty much impossible for that to be true, just not logical... and our parents told us the truth. Point being even when I didn't get what I wanted for Christmas (which happened a lot when I was younger) that itself didn't make me stop believing. So... what made YOU stop believing in Santa? And am I right in believing that to stop believing in Santa just because you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas sounds unbelievable selfish and bratty?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:31 pm
    It just sounds contrived and how a movie would be.

I don't know how I came about my not believing in Santa anymore. But I was fairly young still, I guess. I just chose to believe Santa was around in a different way. Making people just cheerful and such during the holidays.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:35 pm
>.> <.< Ok maybe it was just the movie but movies have a tendency to bug me when I think there may be a grain of truth in the action  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:38 pm
eek You mean there's NOT a Santa? eek

heh... I found out when the present I MOST wanted (a remote-control R2D2) was accidentally discovered on my parents' bed, and later arrived from Santa... smile

However, I still believe the *spirit* of the event should/can/sometimes does exist. Call me naïve, if you must, but still... mrgreen  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:59 pm
I never really believed in Santa to begin with. Probably because we didn't have a chimney had something to do with it. I also asked a lot of question which bugged the heck out of the church things that I had to go to.

"Was the tower of babel taller than the empire state building?"

Now that question just made the lady there flustered. I kept asking how tall it had to be and where exactly how high the heavens were.

Also that story with the whale pissed her off. I had a way of questioning everything.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:03 am
I'm pretty much the same as aretoo. I saw my letter to Santa in my parent's bedroom. Also my mom is a bad liar and a bad present concealer.

Now I help my parents be Santa for my sisters. X3  

Sentama Lin

Arys Gentry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:23 am
I definitely agree that it's selfish to stop believing just because you didn't get what you want. I never got what I asked for but I believed until I was 10 or 11. I just thought that I was lucky to get what I had from Santa b/c i knew I was a hellion.

But in a way it makes sense. Santa is supposed to be magical and have all of his elves make whatever we want if we're good. If he has so much magic and is real, shouldn't he be able to make me what I want? It's not the way I was raised and definitely not how I stopped believing but I guess it makes sense...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:40 am
I stopped believing in Santa shortly after I realised he had the same writing style as my mom did. I was an observant little child xd  

penned ignorance

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:40 am
Santa, shall always be real to me. ^_^

GO SANTA!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:53 am
I've forgotten why I stopped believing in Santa. Probably because I kept hearing it around school in like...kindergarten and first grade. Now I'm Santa for my sisters.  

Celestial Burden

Hey There Kids

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:12 am
I stopped believing in myself when i gained so much weight from my cookies. I've been slacking off since then ;]  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:14 am
Holiday Santa
I stopped believing in myself when i gained so much weight from my cookies. I've been slacking off since then ;]

No. You are not Santa Claus. NO!  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

blue_lutra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:18 am
I know Santa's not real (my parents outright told me one year), but I still believe. So long as you believe, he still comes. My brothers 20 and I'm 17, and Santa/our parents still brings us stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:25 am
Jaft
Holiday Santa

No. You are not Santa Claus. NO!

=[  

Hey There Kids

Dark_Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:49 am
I caught my mom putting presents under our tree XD  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers