Reply Community Lounge
Hell hole? But this is a school! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:14 pm
Ya I just remembered all the shitty a** things about my old high school. First off you had a power tripping V.P, vice principal, he was sexist and a d**k! Like I said in the other thread he would stair look at their tits the other way when some chick had her boobs almost fully visible.. oh unless she was fat or ugly in that case they would be told to change. All the guys had to obey the dress code, regardless of who they were.

Also at the beginning of my last year, which is when GTR transfered to my school, there were 6 transfer students including GTR. By the time our first Report cards came out there was 1, and that was GTR. The rest had been expelled. Within the next month the V.P tried to expel GTR as well, but it didn't work because he was expelling them illegally. It was a "permanent suspension" or in other words "there's no real reason why I'm suspending you other than I don't want you in my school". Which him and the principal could have been fired for, and maybe even more.

Secondly, the school was literally falling apart. One day a friend of ours was walking down the hall and one of the plastic light covers off the ceiling fell on his head... and broke... in two. Someone else was hit by one of the ceiling tiles, if fell too. GTR was splashed by an exposed water pipe in the wall. Apparently electrical tape fixes leaks stare . Our little basement was off limits because it had black mold, and insulated by asbestos. It was like that for years and thats where we would go when ever we had a play going on, and we kept all of our props there. eek

And the ******** lockers! Half of the lockers you could lift off the hinges, and the rest were made of wood. We had to pay for them too and they were mandatory.

The boys bathroom was never clean, granted that wasn't the school's fault though, and the girls always smelled like used pads.

Thats all I can remember right now. I'll probably be able to think of more later though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:07 pm
O_O Sheez......That's horrible! gonk Sorry you had to put up with that, GTR and GRM.

I'm very lucky to go to the school that I do. :XP: Hearing about lockers made of wood that you have to pay for, asbestos insulation, and cruddy staff makes me even more appreciative of it....

The lockers are all metal and free here, and there's no real problems with them (graffiti aside. <.< but I rather like the graffiti). The bathrooms are hygienic, some of the teachers are a little...off (one of them used to huck stuff at his students, and he still works here. <.< on heavy medication) but the staff is otherwise pleasant/tolerable, etc. The biggest problem with my school are the students, and honestly? I like them too. ^_^ Can count the ones that get on my nerves with one hand.

biggrin We have a great amount of school spirit, too. Football home games are like festivals, spirit week is always a laugh (when everyone dresses up according to the weekday), we've got a frequently-used "high-five zone" (nothing like high-fiving a stranger to get your day going!), and the end of the year is always made amusing by senior pranks/events (including school-wide waterballoon fights, dodgeball in the halls, and bigwheel races down the street).

Oh. sweatdrop Actually, the biggest problem with my school, I think, are these big metal portables right outside the art class.....Y'see, one whole wall of the art room is made of glass, and it used to look out on a nice green lawn and a garden. Students used to play frisbee on it all the time, eat lunch on it, etc. And it provided a great atmosphere for the art. But overpopulation forced the school to build these bland, metal and wood classes on top of the lawn/garden....

<.< The art teacher applied for permission to let her students paint on them, but it was denied......So a lot of her senior students have been organizing a midnight get-together to paint murals without the school's consent.  

Slim95
Crew

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:26 pm
Kals is questing again!
I actually wrote a song about my craptastic school after I started going to it again in grade 10 (I dropped out halfway through grade 8 because I couldn't take the insanity). I'll see if I can dig it up, it has a few universal high school truths in it, I think.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Well that sucks. ;>> Man now I see how lucky I am with my school.

The only thing I dislike about my school are a couple of the students, maybe three of the teachers (that I had not sure about the ones I didnt) and some of the rules.

Oh yes the wonderful PDA rule. stare Apparently we're not allowed to hug or have any bodily contact whatsoever. Luckily most of the teachers don't do anything thing unless the people are literally making out in the hallways. Even one of them jokes about it when he sees two people holding hands. xd ;; Other than that things are pretty cool. When it comes to electronics most the teachers have a: "If I don't see it then it's fine." attitude. Only a couple of teachers really bug you when you aren't fully focused on them. So I'd say things are good at my school....except for the drama...@_@ There is A LOT of drama at my school...and I got dragged into it as of last year. But at least I'm graduating so I don't have to worry about it so much.  

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:01 pm
Wow slim,
You go to a REALLY nice school.
my school is new and fairly nice, minus the students.
For the most part they're disrespectful, and really really really rude.
Then we have some teachers that let the class control THEM.
Rediculous.
Malarky.
I really enjoy it though xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:08 pm
It's really nothing special... sweatdrop I make it sound much more spectacular than it is. It's standard.

But really, I think that standard is great. ^_^

Sure, the kids are disrespectful to teachers on a majority, but I don't expect much of them. It's school, after all. wink They're supposed to be a little wily. And it's easy to ignore 'em when things get real bad (I.E. students shouting at the teacher or each other).  

Slim95
Crew

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:31 pm
My school was actually really good. The building itself had just finished being remodeled when I went through (took care of all the asbestos and mold that had previously been making students sick). They added a lot of windows, so nearly three-quarters of the school had daylighting.

The teachers all had their little quirks and there were the usual bad apples amongst the students, but it was generally a very pleasant place to go to school...

My only problem was with my physics teacher. I ended up dropping the class half-way through. I still think that she has early on-set Alzheimer's...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:35 pm
    My high school wasn't too bad. It was just very large, very overcrowded and had slim hallways...not a good combo.

And the band was like a cult. Had their own two-story building that you weren't allowed into unless you were in the band.

Also, the school was all supposedly build over the Trail of Tears or something and whenever they did construction for the school several students and teachers would have fatal accidents. I think the year they built the band building 6 students died in car accidents and a teacher was electrocuted.

My mom was/is also a teacher at my high school. Which had its definite pros and cons.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:29 pm
I'm glad I was able to allow some of you to enjoy and care about (I'm tired as sin now and words just arn't working with me sorry sweatdrop ) your schools more!

I also forgot to tell you about the dance our V.P would do when he was dress coding you. He would do the action of pulling on the bottom of his shirt, the pulling up his pants and go to take off his hat... if he had one... but he was bald. So Imagine if you will a big fat man doing this... now when you were down the hall from him you couldn't hear what he was saying... and it looked like he was going some sort of jig. And it was sinfully funny to watch. Eventually people would walk behind him doing the "oreo dance" Oh his name was Ozorio, and we shortened it down to oreo... because he was fat.

It was so ******** funny to watch, I laughed at him one day when he coded me!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:12 pm
wow  

Beware Of camaro2010

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:11 am
WTF! I cannot believe what I just read  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:19 pm

I am an old ATG member =]

I've gone to 3 high schools and way to many kids schools to be able to explain any of them xD
I guess my grade 5 to 7 school was alright.
it had to football fields lenght of grass
one part was a football field the other was just to muck around on.
otherwise the school was crappy looking but not falling apart xP

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:43 pm
God-Raped-Me
I'm glad I was able to allow some of you to enjoy and care about (I'm tired as sin now and words just arn't working with me sorry sweatdrop ) your schools more!

I also forgot to tell you about the dance our V.P would do when he was dress coding you. He would do the action of pulling on the bottom of his shirt, the pulling up his pants and go to take off his hat... if he had one... but he was bald. So Imagine if you will a big fat man doing this... now when you were down the hall from him you couldn't hear what he was saying... and it looked like he was going some sort of jig. And it was sinfully funny to watch. Eventually people would walk behind him doing the "oreo dance" Oh his name was Ozorio, and we shortened it down to oreo... because he was fat.

It was so ******** funny to watch, I laughed at him one day when he coded me!
eek My VP's name is Ozorio... People here just tend to make Zorro jokes though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:50 pm

...wow, everyone seems to have such nice schools. XD

My high school was originally meant to be a Junior High School, so it's really small and cramped and not meant for the 1300+ kids it houses now. x)
The lockers are rusted and graffiti'd, we don't have proper heating (it's in Canada, so it gets pretty cold!) we don't have proper classrooms for the more specialized classes (We're using an old garage for our Communications Technology classes! That isn't right! D smile and the teachers are creepy~!

One of them married a student from here. ;_;

The VPs are kinda pathetic, in that no one really listens to them, which is why a lot of people get suspended. >_o

Bah, I can't wait to leave~!

Tsu.png

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:53 pm
My high school was not that bad in terms of the building's integrity. It was pretty gross though... there was asbestos in the insulation and the commons smelled of piss and cheap perfume. The white tiles were yellowed and there were roaches. The girls bathrooms usually didn't have anywhere to put our feminine products, and the floors were always wet. :shudder:
Most of the real problems were with the staff. Luckily, they tore that school down after I graduated.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff