Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I hate the art forums. And artists. Everyone for that matter Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:08 am
[cruise control]I POSTED THIS IN ONE OF MY OTHER GUILDS BUT NONE OF YOU GUYS GO THERE SO I MOVED IT HERE TOO. (and added a poll)

I REALIZE THERE ARE ACTUAL ARTISTS IN HERE, SO ONLY READ THIS IF YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR[/cruise control]

So, every once in a while (never), I want to buy avatar art.

Recently, I've noticed that everyone who is anyone (moderators) carries around a flob (spam) for making themselves look overly prommie (gay) and significant (not) whenever someone posts something stupid (aka: they are loosing an argument).

I realized that I don't have one of these (fail). So I search for one. First thing I notice: The pricing is really inconsistent. It's not about quality; apparently, it's about who does the art.

And I have never seen anything with as much faggotry as an art auction. People just throw gold out the window. People rarely even do that s**t on the marketplace anymore. Just put a ******** price on the thing goddamn.

Even worse is the ******** "bribe me". Even worse than that is the "I'll do it for an IRL commission". That s**t is illegal if you're anywhere else on gaia. You're not on gaia to make money. >.<

Anyways, to make a long (a few hours) story short, I found absolutely nothing after searching through several dozen shops that purportedly sell flobs but are actually just their to have gay sex whilst talking in fake British accents and acting important.

PIC UNRELATED.
User Image

Anywho, though I'd never actually ask for help with anything (lies) I was wondering if any of you knew of any art stores (bathrooms) that didn't fail epically. (Holy s**t, I did not know that it was spelled that way. I could have sworn it was "epicly")

In other words, are there flob (spam) shops with the following:
Actual prices IN GOLD under 100K, as I'm obviously s**t poor after being banned (more lies).
Not picky about what they draw (as most artists pretend not to want to draw my avatar, though they're actually just incapable of doing so because they lack any talent at all.)
Capable of CG coloring and vector lineart. (If they can't use photoshop, they need to get out of the damn forum.)

If you're an artist yourself, and you happen to have any fail-factors, please don't tell me or I'll be forced into hating you.

ITT:
Help me find a decent flob shop.
How much you hate avi artists.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:19 am
Never go but yea the very few time's i have purchased art from the forums it felt like a real ripoff. The only one i really liked and thought was at a great price was one i clicked a sig link to while posting in the GCD

But anyone from the guild has always been great about it, i think those people are just greedy like the rest of gaia.  

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:26 am
Instead of looking through R&C, because the front page is loaded with shops that stay open do to a** kissers, look for an artist that advertises through their sig. I've found some decent artists who generally work for under 10k.

You're still going to get a bunch a greif about your avatar though. Artists are whiney =/  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:57 am
Ok I think it's ridiculous how much gold people are charging for art, especially for those pets that people like to put in their signatures. It's just ridiculous, I don't think art should cost over 30k >.> I kind find good art for 5k or less, why pay some pretentious artist like 50k for a custom with blah blah blah edits and s**t? Ridiculous >< I agree with Ace on people who do stuff in their sigs, it's generally better art and much cheaper. And yes, artists are whiney razz  

churrlo

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:59 am
User Image

I got this from 10-20k. =/ like a year ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 am
Not all Artists are whiney

I am a (not very good at it) Artists

but i don't sell art work it's not worth it.  

lu_rockz

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 am
Moo's art story

There was this really nice art thread and the person did a such a good job that I was thinking about get her art for my tattoo (Hasn't gotten yet) Well on one of her post's it said "if you give me a dark halo I'll put you on the top of the list and i'll do three pictures for you!!" Well i had a extra dark halo and thought hey why not. So I traded her the dark halo and she accepts puts me on her list (doesn't put me at the top) Well two weeks after this i pm her asking about my art and she says that is too hard could I ask for something more simple. So I did of course. Well I month rolls around and she still hasn't done my art yet saying that it was still really hard. Luckily she was nice enough to give me back my halo and I ended my request from her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:17 am
i get really, really, REALLY annoyed with the whole "it doesn't matter if the quality is a** or not, its WHO DOES IT OMG!" thing.

cause i'm like "okay, if the CHILDREN I TEACH can draw my avi better than that, i am SO not paying you anywhere NEAR 100k. seriously."

it blows my mind to see people fawning over artists who SUCK a**...i really don't get it.

confused  

WastelandMama
Crew

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:22 am
bluegrass cat
i get really, really, REALLY annoyed with the whole "it doesn't matter if the quality is a** or not, its WHO DOES IT OMG!" thing.

cause i'm like "okay, if the CHILDREN I TEACH can draw my avi better than that, i am SO not paying you anywhere NEAR 100k. seriously."

it blows my mind to see people fawning over artists who SUCK a**...i really don't get it.

confused

That's why I'm thankful for REALLY GOOD artists who aren't well known. Their art is cheap.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:21 pm
The person who did mine in my sig is called Naugie. She did it for free, now I think she charges 100g per piece. Her original thread is here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/requests-and-commissions/100g-avy-art/t.31392597_46/
Im not sure if she's still doing it since this was in August that I got mine, but it might be worth a PM  

Iconised Ghost

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:19 am
A friend made me this.

User Image

I feel all bad for ranting now. ._.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:36 am
You got something, what else really matters?  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:54 am
Goddess Ace

Whining like a little b***h isn't supposed to work that well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:56 am
Goddess Ace

XD art is such a subjective thing... nothing but opinions and taste. There are thousands of artists here... it's not that hard to find a decently priced one.  

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:19 am
Awiergan Resurrection
Goddess Ace

Whining like a little b***h isn't supposed to work that well.

I find it to work very well : D  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces