Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Creative Crossroads
MUNNY!! *UPDATE* NEW PICS ON PAGE 4! EVIL ACCESSORIES TOO! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Evil Accessory?
  Professor Spraycan. :XD A spray paint can in a lab coat
  Baldowich the Destroyer of Worlds!! So cute and so evil!
  Steve the Perpetually Terrified. Love the expression
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:43 pm
Disclaimer: Munny is a product of Kidrobot and I take no credit for its creation. Likewise, certain elements of the design came from anime (The forhead gem, eye style, symbol on chest) and I did not create those....just used bits for inspiration.

Soooo, Munny is a collectible blank toy that you design yourself. It also comes with 4 mystery accessories whee This is my first one. A glow in the dark Munny. My theme for this Munny was Anime, but I didn't want to make it look like a specific character. So I took elements from some of my favorite series when I created the design. I used Ichigo's eye style from Bleach, and the symbol on his chest is also from Bleach. The red forhead gem is a reference to CLAMP (Mokona specifically). I named him Kubo, after Tite Kubo, the creator of Bleach. I couldn't get any pictures to show off the glow in the dark element, but basically, with the lights off, most of Kubo's head glows, as well as the unpainted portion of his sword. I used acrylic paint.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

As for a discussion, discuss Kidrobot related stuffs. If you've got a Munny or other do it yourself toy, post your pics! blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:28 pm
Ooh~!
So cute!!!
x3
I want one!  

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:29 pm
I suck at those.

*looks at ball of dark green/grey clay made from all the colours*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:41 pm
Kals is questing again!
... it's in your bathroom.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:45 pm
As am I...

Kekekeke.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:45 pm
Oh wow! I was looking at those today at Atomic Pop!  

Celestial Burden

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:19 pm
@Mayako- They're so fun! You can order them from the site, or sometimes you can find them at comic type stores

@Kalstolyn- Yeah, that's where there was the best light 3nodding I wish I could have taken a good pic to show off the glow in the dark, but it doesn't show up that well when I turn off the flash. Maybe if I stick it under a bright light for a while it'd glow bright enough.

@Jaft- gonk Gah! I knew it! xd

@Celestial Burden- whee They're cute aren't they? I love the way they look blank. There are so many possibilities too! Lots of people build new arms or add things to the head or find cool ways of adding on to their Munny. I'm not good at that stuff, but I'm ok at comming up with a basic design. whee whee There's so much room to be creative! You can do anything from paint to Sharpie markers or cover it in fabric or paper. An awesome creative outlet. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:24 pm
O_O.....

Wants one now. gonk So many possibilities! So many!  

Slim95
Crew

124-C

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:32 pm
I'm sorry, but I think that it just looks like some more clutter...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:56 pm
Kyla_Ewens

@Celestial Burden- whee They're cute aren't they? I love the way they look blank. There are so many possibilities too! Lots of people build new arms or add things to the head or find cool ways of adding on to their Munny. I'm not good at that stuff, but I'm ok at comming up with a basic design. whee whee There's so much room to be creative! You can do anything from paint to Sharpie markers or cover it in fabric or paper. An awesome creative outlet. 3nodding
There's this really big one that's two-hundred dollars at Atomic Pop. It's like...the size of a fat six year old kid.  

Anise_is_my_replica

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:06 pm
124-C
I'm sorry, but I think that it just looks like some more clutter...

I think it looks like a whole new art opportunity. 8D And something cute to paint with ferocious patterns and position in a threatening manner on my desk.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:43 am
@Anise- Oh yeah!! I've seen those. They're so cool. I'd never be able to do one of the big ones because I'd never be able to make it worth $200 xd xd

@Slim- ^^ Thanks for the support. I know my design isn't pro or anything. Most of the ones at Kidrobot.com look a lot more amazing than mine....but I'm happy with Kubo  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Bryan Ulok Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:13 pm
Zomg! That's really cute!
It's good for your first time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:34 pm
I totally dig things like that. I keep meaning to buy me a couple to mess with when I have money again. I love crafty silliness! mrgreen  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:44 pm
That is totally adorable! I need to get myself a couple of them, maybe I am make my and my boyfriends avi's out of them...that would kick! I can have fun with sculpty making the Damascus helm.  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff