Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Ask the Admin - Failed Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you see all the sheep-cult mules aksing for the HQ locations last AttA thread?
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:10 pm
Quote:
UPDATE: Mon, Mar, 3: I made it, posted each set of question 2-3 times. Got reprimad by some asswipes, and got some ideas of what I may be doing wrong.
I added the GGN posting error, last second, and now I'll change that to 'why doesn't the new error page accually redirect, but at least it has a link for the people who were just to thick to hit back and refresh.'
rolleyes I really, really hate people. (As a whole, of course, you guys are an exception, the bigest exception accually. The others being my dog and cats, and people I'm not accually interacting with as people, like in RPing.)

Why was I the only guildie posting these though?

No, it's not up yet, but since many of us miss it or forget to ckeck at just the right time I thought I'd make a thread for SERIOUS-ish questions.
For those who haven't noticed, the AtA threads start about the same time each Monday, unless they skip. There is a 1-3 hour window that they are open and it' is within minutes of the same closeing time each week. You'll have to see the times themselves, and convert it to your time if you don't have the post times set correctly in your profile.

Knowing the times the threads are open is probably important. Especailly if a few of us want to spam our guild's questions until they all get answered.

Rules:
Serious questions.
Try to write it decently.
By posting here you are obligated to post (copy and paste) all our questions if you see the Ask the Admin thread open.

I will try to keep the list on this post to make it easier for the poor sap who finds the AtA thread first.

QUESTIONS(and comments):
[size=18][color=green][b]On behalf of FG4PG,
To any/all Admins or Devs ONLY,[/b][/color][/size]
[color=blue]GGN questions[/color]
[color=green]1. Why have you stolen even Leon from the GGN? WHYYYY???
2. How will the GGN get thier summer update if not even one Developer is working on the GGN now?
3. When can we, realalistically, expect a guilds update?
4. Please don't make the GGN into clubs. (To fellow smartasses- Yes, this is a legit concern.)
5. Why are all your current developers working on the battle system when there are so many unfinished projects within gaia? For instance wouldn't it be more profitable and realistic to update the guild systems and allow guild leaders to use the gold they have accumilating in there guild for other things rather than just subforums? Currently, if guild leaders wish to run contests they must fund them themselves whilst money is just sitting dorment in the guild account. Also before working on the battle system or constantly adding to the cinema don't you think you should also work on Towns concidering it is still in christmas time, was this overlooked?
[b]6. [strike]Will you plase fix the posting and poll 'general error' soon? PLEASE????[/strike] Whoop-de-do, you changed the error message and added a link to the thread. But until it accually redirects, it is still an error message to me. The current message just it easier to do the same thing back and refresh were already doing, in a more idiot-proof way.[/b][/color][/size]

[color=blue]Not-so-catagorized[/color][color=green]
1. Have you guys ever consided rereading the Ask the Admin threads after you close them, like the next day, and answering questions that were skipped over? Either in an announcement or just another post in the thread, since I'm rather certain admin can post after they lock a thread. Or just a list of answers on the first post of the new ask the admin thread?
2. These threads are AWESOME, who thought of them?
3. Are the wild things based on the Golden Compass bears?
4. Why was the cars project worked on and finished before the battle system had even gotten halfway. Concidering we have been waiting for the BS ever since i joined and that was two years ago. It seems it has been thrown to the sidelines whilst new projects were being worked on and old ones which needed updates were being bypassed.
5. Have you ever thought of holding other types of contests in Gaia where people can win items which are very rare or too expensive to buy? For instance a contest where a angelic halo could be won, or two. Something along those lines to get gaians around the world interacting more within the community and out. Maybe contests at your events might be a good idea to get more of a following.[/color]

[color=blue]Why can't[/color]
[color=green]1. We can't right click and tab the items in the drop-down menus anymore, any chance this will be fixed? Soon? When? Do you have a deal with Microsoft to stop supporting Firefox properly?
2. Why can't we gift a flower from Daily Chance to brighten someone's day? (Or secret admirer fun)
3. Purple eyes, will they ever be back as a base? Same question with the little pink mouth. (Not refering to new ones, I'm refering to the ones I fell acousomed to, which in the net is the same a love.)
4. Why can't I wear my kiki on my head, while my security blanket as a shawl. I think that one of the more odd layering conflicts.
5. Why is it that when you go to someone's profile curious as to what an item is and you click on it, it comes up item does not exist ESPECIALLY if its an evolving item?[/color]

[color=blue]Cash Shop[/color]
[color=green]1. Putting something in the TOS about cash shop items and being banned, How CAN'T they reemburse someone? Its basically stealing money from a user.
2. Concerning the gaia cash shop have you ever thought of actually allowing people to buy from there with gaia gold? and not just proper cash? concidering there is so many people on gaia under the age of 16 it is rare they could afford to get cash cards. Some people just do not have the right circumstances to afford one so I am wondering why you have never thought of allowing that as a possibility. Concidering the items inflate instantly as a substancial ammount and unfortunately some gaians once again cannot afford it and miss out.
3. Why is there no pay by phone option for the uk?
4. Why have you not placed cash cards in uk shops? Not everyone can pay online so wouldn't it be wiser adding them to say HMV or something mainstream like that? Adding a pay by phone would be benificial for the uk.
4. What is with the restrictions to certain items accumilated from sponsers. I understand that they expressed there wishes that only Americans and Canadians recieve it but isnt that a little discriminating to everyone else who uses gaia? No one is better than the last and also it would be more profitable for them if everyone on gaia could get it. For instance I personally buy a lot of anime and games and because I saw the sponser profile I went out and brought the games and anime. So it seems like some gaians are being shafted even though there the ones also purchasing the sponsers products. have you ever thought about how it seems to fellow gaians? [/color]

[color=blue]Staff[/color]
[color=green]1. Directed to any of Gaia's staff: How did you know that this is what you wanted to do?
2. How effective has the MP tax been in removing gold from the economy?
3. Is it even close to keeping up with the amount of gold that's coming in?
4. Are there any other gold sinks in the works - for example, a lotto or something along those lines that's pay-gold-to-enter, but the jackpot for which is based on how much gold is spent on "tickets", and a certain percentage (say, 50%) of the gold paid into it is automatically deleted from the economy? [/color]

Let's work together and all post these each a ton at the next AtA alright?
I know it's a mountain, but I got insulted for posting each section indivisually, before, I believe, they even noticed the mountian. And after just the first round. Maybe it will be so long the anmin can't ignore it? xp ya right, but there is a chance they'll go back and read it later, and if they see the suggestion to read though the thread and reply after the AtA, like in the first post of the next, we just might have a chance. sweatdrop Any better ideas?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:32 pm
wow good questions.  

Kumika_Chan

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:43 pm

IT"S OPEn NOW!!! HEAD TO THE GCD!!!

It's over. I didn't get any answers. I'm about to add the following to the first post here. If anyone else has questions that weren't answered or that they thought of post here in the hopes of answers next week.

Have you guys ever consided rereading the Ask the Admin threads after you close them, like the next day, and answering questions that were skipped over? Either in an announcement or just another post in the thread, since I'm rather certain admin can post after they lock a thread.
Or just a list of answers on the first post of the new ask the admin thread.
By the way, these threads are AWESOME, who thought of them?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:55 pm
Quote:
>We can't right click and tab the items in the drop-down menus anymore, any chance this will be fixed? Soon? When?
This'd be my main question. This has been driving me nuts gonk

My other question would be when the guilds are getting an update.  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:12 am

I think we were told sometime in 2008, I think the time of year they gave us that it would be out by was spring or summer... but with no dev now, it's not really possible.

New one:
>Unban Trevors least offencive banning. xd Just have to figure out which of 50 billion ccounts that one is...

EDIT: I just missed this week's AtA, due to... I'm not sure why my head was pounding so hard.

Anyway, who here was the person who posted the questions for us?
~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:48 am
I don't know about you guys but I CAN right click the menus and make them in new Tabs,I am using IE 7 and OS XP Pro SP2.  

dragoeni

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:14 am
I'm using Firefox, and I can't. Not only that, but the Shortcuts doesn't drop-down upon rolling over it with the mouse anymore - I have to click it. The main tabs still drop-down okay, though. And I can't right-click things under Shortcuts, either.

I didn't know that IE had tabs as a feature. 0.o?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:37 pm
I asked a question about putting something in the TOS about cash shop items and being banned. How CAN'T they reemburse someone? Its basically stealing money from a user.  

angel_half82
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:01 pm

The shortcuts menu stopped working at all for me a few days ago. I'm on Firefox 1.5 because except for the restore last session feature tis version is much better for me. I like the only one x, no vanishing tabs, the ability to maually shut off images for certain sites, or originating site only...

IE copied tabs from Firefox, and firefox has nice extentions. pwned.

Angel, I'm assuming you didn't get a reply?

I was reading a magazine and saw an ad for the Golden Compass game, the dear's armor remided me of the wild things armor... so, Are the wild things based on the Golden Compass bears?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:03 pm
Of course not. When I ask an admin something they generally do not answer.... *shrug*  

angel_half82
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Well, if you post it enough, they just might have to. I learned that waitning at all won't work. They seem to prefer the questions directed at a specific admin and the ones that have no point. The posts with serious and silly questions are picked apart and the admin respond as if only the silly one was asked.

I say one person, or a group, ask the same questions, in huge red text some much the admin either have to issue a temp ban or reply. twisted

First post is updated BTW
~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:55 pm
I think you probably should take the one about unbanning Trevor, it's a stupid thing to ask since it has nothing to do with the running of the actual site. >.>  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 pm
angel_half82
I asked a question about putting something in the TOS about cash shop items and being banned. How CAN'T they reemburse someone? Its basically stealing money from a user.
Because in the event that the user's unbanned, they will have essentially gotten a cash shop item for free if that were the case. It's no different than if someone had bought MCs and then was banned.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:06 pm
Sheer_Immortal
angel_half82
Because in the event that the user's unbanned, they will have essentially gotten a cash shop item for free if that were the case. It's no different than if someone had bought MCs and then was banned.
Not to mention it's like buying food, then asking for a refund after you've eaten it, just because you no longer have it anymore. Or that's what I think of when I think about that situation.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces