Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Event items Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:33 am

Okay, I need your honest, meanest opinions of this insane idea.

A quest to collect at least one of every single even item. (This would include the bag/box/baskest/letter they came in.)

Odd right? I thought of it because I'm that crazy, and I'm dumb enough to hope no one else has thought of this.

I know that if I can establish any sort of Gaia gold flow (vending/exchanging) I can easily get the spirted, jack, and easter stuff from the past few years, and If I don't kill my computer I'll have all the newer stuff. The crazy comes in if I dare bother to include the sponcored items (THe MC thread in the Q&A that has the event list I was using lists the sponsored items), well, they'll just make the quest silly and rediculous. BUT... The coolest shirt in all of Gaia, is like... 4 mil in the MP (Jack Tshirt thing). So... ya...

And is it my imagination or were the gpins like 10gold each in 2006?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:24 pm
I dont get it >.< you want to collect event items and sell them on for more gold? Isnt that just basically using the market place to make gold, except you're only using event items?  

Iconised Ghost

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:41 pm
I know A LOT of people who have done this, with multiple sets. I know a friend who has three each bunny and chicky slippers. Its really not an uncommon idea.

and no, in 06 they were more than that but they were also handed [not very commonly] out at the ball, lowering the cost from previously high costs. I purchased one in the MP I think it was about 1k.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:43 pm
It's hard as hell, but hey, go for it.  

Phantasmal Thriller

Magical Friend

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:22 pm
You want an odd quest?

You can have my white daisies quest.....I'll even start you off with the 11k I have. xd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:32 am

I thought of this because I like some event items, not just for thier value in gold.

I may get multiples along the way, but I will keep at least one of each if I do this quest. I wouldn't be questing to hoard, I'd be questing for keeps.

I'm not just saying the Easter basket 2K6 set, or all the Halloween items from 2007, I mean ALL all. From Gaia's first formal ball in March 2003 until xmas 2020... If I do this I'll be aiming for ALL. At least one of every Jack grab bag, and at least one of every item from the jack grab bags.

I'd probably make one or more event item mules to hold all of this. xd

Also, if this is at all a possible quest, counting items from the sponsored quests, should I include those?

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:58 am
You're crazy xD (says the girl with the secret quest to own every item ever...)

I'd say to not include the sponsor items, if only for the fact that sponsor quests =/= events. My advice is to keep it simple 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:29 am
Teh Dana
You want an odd quest?

You can have my white daisies quest.....I'll even start you off with the 11k I have. xd

what does your white daisy quest consist of and why do you have so many?

To Metallic:
good luck with that i went for all the halloween stuff a while back and it takes quite a long time  

T Terlain

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:46 am

I'd learn how to get a semi-steady flow of Gaia gold before starting. xp good thing event items don't inflate much.

Too bad I'll have to learn to exchange with 20K, vending does not play well with dial-up, especailly now with the new vend.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:22 am
T Terlain
Teh Dana
You want an odd quest?

what does your white daisy quest consist of and why do you have so many?

To Metallic:
good luck with that i went for all the halloween stuff a while back and it takes quite a long time

It consists of white daisies o_O and that's why I have so many.  

Dana Pixie Stix

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:45 am
What were you going to DO with all of those white daisies?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:46 am
aprilness
What were you going to DO with all of those white daisies?
Bragging rights, maybe? xD  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:17 am

The more I think about this, the more rediculous it looks. There are a mess of event items that I don't think I could ever use, even expencive ones... and if I ever got that kind of gold I could probably find better ways to spend it so that it would work for istelf.

^.^;;

But That jack tshirt thing... still awesome... ninja Probably going to be my first present to myself in honor of me finally figuring out how to make a steady Gaia income. whee

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:02 am
I know of a somewhat steady way to make a somewhat good income. However it does involve time and gold to be fulfilled. It involves both cards, and fishing.

A lot of wins at cards can be useful. As long as you get more than half of spent tokens you can still earn something. Less than half is more of a loss. However it doesn't seam way to hard to at least the same amount. Managing to keep the same amount coming out as did coming in. Can earn double with that. Example, pay for 1000 tokens, and get almost 1000 tickets since the actual number could be higher or lower. That 1000 tickets can be sold for 2k in gold.

With fishing it seams more simple since most of the time the catch is worth more than the bait. [Thats if you use F Grade Bait]

Also visits to Jigsaw can also help too

Hope that helps  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

xblond

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200