Reply Creative Crossroads
What's your favorite Anime or Manga? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kittyzero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:20 am
My favorite manga series has to be Fruits Basket. My favorite Anime would be a tougher one for me but if I had to choose one I'd say either Hellsing or Death Note  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:50 am
Death note is AWESOME, but the mental chess game they play is difficult to keep up with. Especial in the subbed version. Ffuits basket is a favourite of mine too. Have you also read Tsubasa?

FMA ALL THE WAY~! Typical yeha, but I can't help it  

Curiosity2die4

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:15 am
Kals is questing again!
I believe this thread already exists...

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:33 pm
Not exactly Kals.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:28 pm
I agree with Jaft. With a thread like this, you can compare and contrast. it gives alot more opportunities to actually have discussion.

For Example, my Favorite Manga is Busho Raiden, because it has a little blood+gore, but nothing offensive, has solo Good Vs. Evil style fighting, and the author/writer/illustrationist (Person who draws stuff xp ) does a really good job of keeping the story going with it's action plot... but always manages to draw a laugh out of you when you least expect it.

Now given that description Rouoni Kenshin sounds like a Show-in for the win for anime, because it has the same stylings, but it's not on the top of the list. It's CLOSE, that's for sure, but my favorite Anime to date would have to be, Trigun, because it immerses you fully into that world and it tells a story of such LOSS without giving too much away at one time... That and Vash is just too ridiculous to take seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:07 pm
User Image Me? Hmm, that's a really thinker for me, actually. I like a lot of anime and manga (I haven't seen so many new ones, since my computer is too much of a sissy to run without Fanny) stare I might tie Death Note down to favorite, because I started the craze within my friends before it was so mainstream and popular (and none of you irl friends of mine can deny it)! But, another series I enjoy is GinTama, so I guess it's my favorite comedy. I still can't figure out why I was never able to get into Excel Saga as much as I wanted to =/

As for anime, I liked FullMetal Alchemist, it was pure candy for me. I also REALLY enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin, mostly because it was the first anime I actually watched because it was anime and not just some weird Japanese cartoon about uber-buff guys with 80's hair and constipation. But, another anime I go back and watch over and over again (besides FMA and Elfen Lied) would be Black Cat. A lot of people I've talked to didn't like it cuz it strayed too far from the manga and because the art style was different, but I like the storyline and I love the art style way more, so I'm not complaining. Plus, Creed's voice is just TOO perfect in the Japanese dub. Not to mention how sexy Charden is. User Image

Reiku Alche

kittyzero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:20 pm
Axureitos
Death note is AWESOME, but the mental chess game they play is difficult to keep up with. Especial in the subbed version. Ffuits basket is a favourite of mine too. Have you also read Tsubasa?

FMA ALL THE WAY~! Typical yeha, but I can't help it

Yes I have read Tsubasa and that is a really good book turner. Unfortunatly every time I go into the book store I forget which book I have read from my sister's collection that I have to reread some mangas to figure where I left off. On my to due list to read more of after Fruits Basket is over and done. I'm such in a high for fruits basket. The manga I have read over time and time again blaugh heart biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:29 pm
Kalstolyn
I believe this thread already exists...
How far did you have to go for it? Also consider that the map sticky is currently gone...

Well, I don't read manga. Although, I have enjoyed what little of Berlin I have read...

As for anime, well... The list of animes that I dislike far outweighs the list of the ones that I like. I liked the mental chess of Death Note, the characters and storytelling of Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Desert Punk, the philosophical angle of Ghost in the Shell and Ergo Proxy... None really stick out as a favorite though... I think my favorite would have to be Samurai Champloo.  

124-C

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:04 pm
I think my favorite is Full Metal Panic! I like a lot of anime/manga, but that is my favorite. I like that the main female character is violent and aggressive...despite being a bit feminine at other times. I like kick but characters! Oh, and Kurtz Weber just makes me drool...he's sexy for a sniper.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:09 pm
I'm an anime/manga geek..... I used to love Fruits Basket, but my rabid obessions have turned to Bleach and Death Note. I can say something good for Naruto, simply because I love the characters!  

RamuNemu the Curry Pan

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:11 pm
I'm a little confused why this is moved to the CC... it still is a general discussion thread, and not focused on... wait... it has slowly moved onto discussion of art IN manga huh? *Answers own question* Alrighty! Carry on. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:44 am
Speaking of the art IN manga....
I love seeing the manga-ka's style change. If you've read Fruits Basket, you'll know what I mean. Takaya-sensei's style changed, and became rounder and lighter. (I don't mean the way the story progresses, because the story actually becomes darker when the art turns lighter!)  

RamuNemu the Curry Pan

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:18 pm
Sakurai Nemu
Speaking of the art IN manga....
I love seeing the manga-ka's style change. If you've read Fruits Basket, you'll know what I mean. Takaya-sensei's style changed, and became rounder and lighter. (I don't mean the way the story progresses, because the story actually becomes darker when the art turns lighter!)

It preserves the "Balance" that is widespread through the way Japanese tell stories, the Dark Hero, and balances of Power, Desire and Drive, Life and Death, and so on.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:27 pm
It's quite interesting. Especially CLAMP, they are probably the ones whose style has changed the most dramatically over the years.  

RamuNemu the Curry Pan

The September Girl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:43 am
I have lots. 4laugh

Manga:
Special-A
Valkyrie Profile L
Monster Love
Zettai Kareshi
Perfect Girl Evolution
Alice 19th
Kare First Love