Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply *RolePlaying*
Land of the Lost Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes!
  No...
View Results

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:32 pm
Well, I'm bored as hell, missing my serious rps where I GMed, and actually curious about trying to play the full part of GM instead of GM AND participating character...though I might bring in a character of my own, we'll see.
So, I'm putting this out there as a possible roleplay. Tell me if you're interested and I'll try to start one up. Once I know if anyone is interested I'll post additional information (mostly in response to any questions anyone has. Note: I do NOT roleplay with god-moders...if I see it, depending on my mood...I'll warn you, then I'll ignore it or have you removed from the thread. (Mind you, from my old roleplays, the definition of god-moders came to include characters with pretty much limitless powers and no flaws. People, if everyone has all the powers under the sun, no flaws, and no weaknesses life would be very boring and I would have killed myself by now.)

Here's the setting:

The seas are thick with blood and the land is broken; since the Sundering (probably ripping this from an rpg) nothing has been the same. Past mixed with present and now the modern world is what some might call a fantasy...though most would call it a nightmare. Countless wars ruined the land, and when the planet protested, it was silenced, but before it died it took one last shot at us. This is why we live on this island, not knowing even if other people and other lands survived besides our own. It is our own private hell. The planet is dead now, truly, the trees grow only because we force them, sucking them from the land like blood from a bloated corpse. In places, the land is dry, cracked, barren; in others, washed with mud the color of blood, like the tainted soil that makes it; and in still other are the forests, made of twisted, broken, unnatural trees with sparsely covered branches--this is where we live, moving from place to place as we exhaust the land for this shelter. The American army, the "winners" if you will, control this area now; but time is running out, even for them. If the land dies, the people die too, and if the people die, who will you rule? So they're searching, searching for less scientific methods of working their wills on the land; the old ways, the ones that resurfaced after the sundering stirred things up. People...no...creatures...came from seemingly nowhere...to terrorize...or simply to be as lost as the rest of us...but they believe that among them is one...or even several...that can be made to breathe life back into the planet...at the cost of their own lives.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I shall reply to everything.

EDIT: Ok, I was going to start this Wednesday, but things came up. So, I think first off, the three people who are gonna join need characters, anyone else can make them if they decide to come in. You can be human or fantasy character (just about anything in either of these areas works). For human, there are other small areas where humans live, but the main one is the one mentioned in the setting. Therefore, yes, you can be from somewhere else, or you can just come from the main town. Alignment doesn't matter, you can even be part of the government/army (but see me for this).
So post your character's name, description, type, powers (please don't go overboard here), and anything else you think is important.

I'll start things up once there are characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:12 am
This sounds awesome!! Let me know if you're actually going to start it, I would soo love to be in this one! <3  

Rainbowtastic-Condom

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:10 pm
1-800-Lie-To-Me
This sounds awesome!! Let me know if you're actually going to start it, I would soo love to be in this one! <3
Sure thing. I'll wait a bit longer to see if anyone else is interested--though of course I won't be opposed to people jumping in later as long as they check with me first. Too bad more people haven't shown interest yet. I'm currently running on Black Widow, so I'll be up for a while. o.o  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 pm
sounds really cool =]
can i join?  

xAchlys

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:19 pm
XxxLozexrxX
sounds really cool =]
can i join?
Sure thing, it's open to anyone. ^^ Though I must warn, possibility of dark and depressiveness.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:16 pm
..........im in.......... ninja  

technoninja14

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:26 pm
Yay. Three people. Woot! lol Well I have a lot of homework right now, but I think I'll get this started Wednesday after I go to the doctor. smile Any questions, suggestions, comments, see me.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:13 pm
......just say when........ ninja  

technoninja14

xAchlys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:51 pm
Name: nerezza
Race: Psychic vampire
Strengths/Weapons: The abilty to read other creatures thoughts and feelings. Also, carries a bow and arrow made form Phoenix feathers and death.
Weaknesses: Crystals, Birds, and water.
Appearance:
User Image
She has long black hair and sad eyes.
She also has a mark on her back in the shape of a star, but no one has ever seen it and lived.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:02 am
Name: Ryu
Race: Human
Strengths/Weapons: The ability to control fire and carries an ancient katana known as the dragon sword and has a fire tipped whip
Weaknesses: Water and ice against his fire magic
Appearance:
User Image  

technoninja14

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:26 pm
(Edit: Ok, seems Rainbowtastic never posted, but that's all right, since anyone is allowed to come in later with character approval. Hope you're all right, Rainbow. ^(' ' So, without further ado. The intro.)

Major Finnbar walked stiffly behind his two guards, glancing every now and then at the pitch-darkened sky, devoid of stars--and for years now, even the moon. Normally the guards' position would be seen as improper, but the major always figured impropriety was best when it came to sacrificing the lives of the lowly for the sake of your own. After all, HE was important...if he died...there would be chaos, or at least he liked to think so. Someone had to keep the men in line for the General after all, and who else if not he?
For the sake of some semblance propriety, though, he made them walk in a crouch so as to lower themselves in comparison. He kept his arms crossed tightly and his back rigid as he marched behind them, his cold grey eyes surveying the broken landscape from under the bill of his hat. He fought the urge to scratch his head, as his crew cut itched something fierce under the stiffling cloth. Inwardly, he grumbled in frustration; there had been no sign of "magic beings" for months--either they knew how to hide well, or his General really was mad.
Either way, he wasn't keen on returning to town empty-handed this time. Not only had the General threatened to test his newest experiments on any who failed him, but the new "sage" was growing impatient, and with his impatience, that crazed, hungry look seemed to grow greater. The Major was almost afraid of what might happen if the man waited much longer. Almost. The Major did not fear...or so he liked to tell himself. He only wished he knew more about this strange and potentially dangerous man; though Finnbar had never come into contact with true magic before, sometimes he wondered if the strange cloud of infectious unease that surrounded the man could possibly have something to do with the arcane.
He let his breath out in a huff and flexed his arms in their tensed positions as he continued to scan the shadowed landscape, wishing inwardly for the night to pass...both quickly and successfully...for his own sake of course.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:02 pm
Ryu walked acroos the barren landscape slowely, head down, crouched, hoping, praying the tiber fiends did not catch his sent as he followed his tracks to there layer. he had not eaten in a while and was on the hunt for foods aswell as magic to keep his tree of life going, he knew if his tree die, so did he for he would not have shelter nore the fruit of the tree which possesed the magical ability to hydrate the body and remove the injuries and impurities. he walked for miles to find these creatures but noticed more tacks began to form, older but more...human. a confused face took Ryu as he said to himself "these people dont know they are being hunted, i must catch up to them

(tiber fiends are like warg's but have green diamonds which have a magical but health draining ability sticking out of there back, thier skin hardens almost into armor when they are endangered or are in combat)  

technoninja14

xAchlys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:17 pm
Nerezza stumbles through this new and mysterious place. She is weak and has no memory of the past three days. A vast surge of wind comes so forcefully it knocks her over, and thats when she smells it, Bitter and sweet, could it be? human blood? She gets up as fast as she can and follows the scent.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:26 am
Ryu had been travaling none stop for a while and came to a small mountain where he sat down looking at the tracks "hmmm three, im sure there was four" he said looking at one of the tracks as it lead up the rocks around him "wiered" as he looked up there it stood gazing at him drooling, savouring the meal to come, Ryu stood up and slowely started to back away sliding his hand onto his blades handle and kept moving back  

technoninja14

xAchlys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:37 pm
Nerezza continued to follow the scent and soon she found tracks, five of them. one of the tracks was differnt than the rest, it was new and overtop the other four, but there was no doubt in Nerezza's mind that it was human. "why are these humans being followed?" she thought out loud. She was tired and needed rest, nerezza climbed a tree hoping nothing would attack her in her sleep for she was much to weak to fight.  
*RolePlaying*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff