Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Graveyard (Past Contests, Dupes, & Bad Threads )
Crew and Mod Status Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have what it takes?
Hell yes i do
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Maybe... whats it to you b***h!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
*magic option*
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:56 pm
Sakura-Kyoukan
I'm still considering it, we will have more mods at a later time. but for right now i think things are going ok. I already have a couple people in mind but keep commenting in this thread, it's fun to read. XD

I love getting to use my DAMN! /gif. It makes meh happy.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:47 pm
Sakura-Kyoukan
I'm still considering it, we will have more mods at a later time. but for right now i think things are going ok. I already have a couple people in mind but keep commenting in this thread, it's fun to read. XD

oh... ok :3  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:35 am
angel_half82
Sakura-Kyoukan

you should use the "that's racist" one. that one is always appropriate. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:04 pm
bluegrass cat
angel_half82
Sakura-Kyoukan

Oh I used it.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11059049&page=3  

angel_half82
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:31 am
angel_half82
bluegrass cat
angel_half82
Sakura-Kyoukan

Oh I used it.

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11059049&page=3

haha, awesome! xd

and canada is so much more than a nationality! its TOTALLY a race! rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:45 pm
bluegrass cat
angel_half82
bluegrass cat
angel_half82
Sakura-Kyoukan

Oh I used it.

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11059049&page=3

haha, awesome! xd

and canada is so much more than a nationality! its TOTALLY a race! rofl

No its a way of life eh?  

angel_half82
Crew

spudded fish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:17 am
i would love to be a mod its like a gaia dream :p  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:45 am
I just read this whole thread through. XD How's that for some dedication?

Except there are a million other threads I haven't read. Still, it was fun. Maybe when I've been around for a while I'll feel like I can handle the responsibility (and I'm only posting here now because Saku said go ahead whee )  

Pachelbel Canon

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:21 am
hey, saku, i had a question, and i couldn't think of a better place to post it then here, where all the mods, former mods, wanna-be mods, etc will read it!

3nodding location, location, location!

anyway, i was reading the "how not to be a n00b" thread, and i noticed something in the language concerning "arguing" with a mod.

the way its worded, it makes it sound like we can't even DEBATE a non-mod issue with a mod and that they're always right in all things...making them...god? sweatdrop

now, i know, and you know, that its not meant to be taken that way, but i was wondering, on behalf of n00bs everywhere, if the wording should be tinkered with a tad?

the way it is now, it kinda encourages sac-hanging by n00bs on current mods, massive ego complexes, and just general bad feelings all around.

xd or maybe its just me...

ha. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:15 am
bluegrass cat
hey, saku, i had a question, and i couldn't think of a better place to post it then here, where all the mods, former mods, wanna-be mods, etc will read it!

anyway, i was reading the "how not to be a n00b" thread, and i noticed something in the language concerning "arguing" with a mod.

the way its worded, it makes it sound like we can't even DEBATE a non-mod issue with a mod and that they're always right in all things...making them...god? sweatdrop

now, i know, and you know, that its not meant to be taken that way, but i was wondering, on behalf of n00bs everywhere, if the wording should be tinkered with a tad?

the way it is now, it kinda encourages sac-hanging by n00bs on current mods, massive ego complexes, and just general bad feelings all around.

ha. xp

I'll take this one.

"Answering back" really isn't the best word to use there. She means disrespect for the moderators. For example. Let's say you were warned for not adding a poll. We saw this alot, where a newbie would return a pm.

Situation 1: (This is acceptable):
"I didn't realize that was a rule. Could you let me back into the guild because I didn't know?"
That's won't get you in any trouble. It's perfectly fine to question a warning from a mod.

Situation 2: (This is unacceptable):
"WHY THE HELL DID YOU MOVE MY THREAD? IT SAYS GENERAL DISCUSSION STUPID, I CAN WRITE WHAT I WANT THERE."
The problem here isn't what they're saying, it's how they're saying it. Instead of asking "can I write what I want in GD", they're telling the mod what to do. Condescending and rudeness violate the TOS on gaia, and will always result in a ban.

Believe it or not, we have alot of trouble with this in the guild, perhaps due to the number of newer members, or perhaps due to the number of members who think guild moderators don't have authority.

You are allowed to debate non-mod topics with a moderator, the same as with any member; however, if you flame or troll, you will be banned whether that member is a moderator or not.

I hope that cleared things up.  

Awiergan Resurrection

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:22 am
spudded fish
No it´s not...... I don´t want to be a mod..... stare  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:30 pm
Awiergan Resurrection
bluegrass cat

ha. xp

I'll take this one.

"Answering back" really isn't the best word to use there. She means disrespect for the moderators. For example. Let's say you were warned for not adding a poll. We saw this alot, where a newbie would return a pm.

"I didn't realize that was a rule. Could you let me back into the guild because I didn't know?"
That's won't get you in any trouble. It's perfectly fine to question a warning from a mod.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU MOVE MY THREAD? IT SAYS GENERAL DISCUSSION STUPID, I CAN WRITE WHAT I WANT THERE."
The problem here isn't what they're saying, it's how they're saying it. Instead of asking "can I write what I want in GD", they're telling the mod what to do. Condescending and rudeness violate the TOS on gaia, and will always result in a ban.

Believe it or not, we have alot of trouble with this in the guild, perhaps due to the number of newer members, or perhaps due to the number of members who think guild moderators don't have authority.

You are allowed to debate non-mod topics with a moderator, the same as with any member; however, if you flame or troll, you will be banned whether that member is a moderator or not.

naw, i get it, i'm saying that n00bs ((for which the thread was created)) might NOT get it...

it seems to be a problem i see on a lot of forums. in fact, one i've been a member of FOREVER has their mods always use "MOD" in subject headings if its pm's or "I'M PUTTING MY MOD HAT ON" if its in a topic. 3nodding

but yeah...i get it. 3nodding i always got it. i'm just concerned those with ah...um...well, can't think of a nice way to say it. i'm just concerned those with half a brain don't get it. sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

-iSnug-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:18 am
Thanatos Phoenix
spudded fish
I wouldn want to be a mod, even though i think i would be a good one, im just too lazy to bother.... stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:02 pm
Kyumi Atsuki
Thanatos Phoenix
spudded fish
I wouldn want to be a mod, even though i think i would be a good one, im just too lazy to bother.... stare

my only problem with being a mod would be my tone.

since i work with small children all day, my default scoldy mode is hands on my hips, head tilted to the side "and just what were you thinking when you hurt so-and-so's feelings? is that nice? hmmm?". sweatdrop

angel gets verra upset with me when i use it on him and don't realize it. rofl

stare

come to think of it, that tone might actually work out quite nicely in this guild.

ninja

hell, put me on the list of "people who wouldn't mind modding", saku. wink  

WastelandMama
Crew

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:33 am
bluegrass cat
Awiergan Resurrection
bluegrass cat

ha. xp

I'll take this one.

naw, i get it, i'm saying that n00bs ((for which the thread was created)) might NOT get it...

it seems to be a problem i see on a lot of forums. in fact, one i've been a member of FOREVER has their mods always use "MOD" in subject headings if its pm's or "I'M PUTTING MY MOD HAT ON" if its in a topic. 3nodding

but yeah...i get it. 3nodding i always got it. i'm just concerned those with ah...um...well, can't think of a nice way to say it. i'm just concerned those with half a brain don't get it. sweatdrop
Those with only half a brain are usually the ones dumb enough to be disrespectful when we're just trying to do our jobs, so maybe it's a good thing if they think that any response = banhammer ;P

(in case it needs to be said, I'm just messin' ^.^)  
Graveyard (Past Contests, Dupes, & Bad Threads )

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games