Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Graveyard (Past Contests, Dupes, & Bad Threads )
Crew and Mod Status Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have what it takes?
Hell yes i do
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Maybe... whats it to you b***h!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
*magic option*
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

Level Seventy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:18 pm
I would like a be a mod. I am active (740 posts) and i know the rules (i use these rules in my own guild). i am though in high school and busy sometimes but i will still hold up the responsibility. i am VC in one guild and crew in another. i understand the responsibilities.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:20 pm
s o u n d A N B U
I would like a be a mod. I am active (740 posts) and i know the rules (i use these rules in my own guild). i am though in high school and busy sometimes but i will still hold up the responsibility. i am VC in one guild and crew in another. i understand the responsibilities.

If you sent a PM to Sakura then that should be enough. Now go find people who don't post polls and spam in the main forum.

cool  

angel_half82
Crew

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:31 pm
And so it goes.

'twas fun while it lasted.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:40 pm
It sounds very fun.
Naw. I'm not asking.

c r o i s

Hygienic Gaian

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:07 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
And so it goes.

'twas fun while it lasted.

you got laid-off too? D: no more shazzykinss makes TSN saddd D:  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:22 pm
s o u n d A N B U

Uh Hum, I'm also through with High School; I graduated in AP English and I have to say your Grammar makes me cry at night. Not to be rude but shouldn't a Mod know proper English?  

wolfpriest101

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:25 pm
Well. What can I say? Basicly I have like almost 150k in posts here. xd Only place I'm really at if I'm on Gaia. I'm not really ever an a** either. I guess all I need is an advertising banner and I would be golden. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:04 am
wolfpriest101
s o u n d A N B U

Uh Hum, I'm also through with High School; I graduated in AP English and I have to say your Grammar makes me cry at night. Not to be rude but shouldn't a Mod know proper English?

stare my, aren't we snarky.

shouldn't someone who's all up on his grammar ((since you've - oh my goodness! - graduated in ap english!)) not be capitalizing random words like, oh, say, GRAMMAR??

((btw, i, too, graduated in ap english almost ten years ago. it doesn't make you a special snowflake NOR does it give you the ability or right to run around fussing at others.))

a mod's grammar doesn't have a whole lot to do with anything. if you think i'm wrong, watch sakura and how he posts. rofl a mod's ability to deal with tense situations, have solid judgement and their ability to be fair and balanced is all we care about in this guild.

btw, high school is also not capitalized unless you're specifically saying the name of your high school ((i.e.: Tates Creek High School)).

also, one's definition of "proper english" depends largely on where they're from, as someone from canada would almost never have the same idea of english as someone from america, or england, or south africa, or austrailia, or the bahamas.

in short, stop hatin' on others for how they type. it just makes you look like a jerk. heart  

WastelandMama
Crew

HACK-Jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:28 am
bluegrass cat
wolfpriest101
s o u n d A N B U

shouldn't someone who's all up on his grammar ((since you've - oh my goodness! - graduated in ap english!)) not be capitalizing random words like, oh, say, GRAMMAR??

((btw, i, too, graduated in ap english almost ten years ago. it doesn't make you a special snowflake NOR does it give you the ability or right to run around fussing at others.))

a mod's grammar doesn't have a whole lot to do with anything. if you think i'm wrong, watch sakura and how he posts. rofl a mod's ability to deal with tense situations, have solid judgement and their ability to be fair and balanced is all we care about in this guild.

btw, high school is also not capitalized unless you're specifically saying the name of your high school ((i.e.: Tates Creek High School)).

also, one's definition of "proper english" depends largely on where they're from, as someone from canada would almost never have the same idea of english as someone from america, or england, or south africa, or austrailia, or the bahamas.

in short, stop hatin' on others for how they type. it just makes you look like a jerk. heart

o.o go blue XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:42 pm
squee_moon
bluegrass cat
wolfpriest101
s o u n d A N B U

o.o go blue XD

whee well, it needed to be said. wink  

WastelandMama
Crew

jcsk8er3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:31 pm
how do i move up a rank exclaim
question question question do i get any thing if i donate gold and how do i donate gold  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:11 am
bluegrass cat
squee_moon
bluegrass cat
wolfpriest101
s o u n d A N B U

o.o go blue XD

whee well, it needed to be said. wink

Blue is completely correct, it is not the moderators english standard that makes them good for the position or the responsibility. Heck i am crap with it all but what truely makes a good moderator is there actions, we do not base it on what they type like, as long as they know the rules, responsibilities and understand that it is a position which does not go away within a week when the excitement has worn on then they are in the running to becoming one.

Also one thing which does not allow you to be right for a mod position is putting people down, you did not mean to appear rude but you came across as being so and this is something we do not want here in the guild. He applied and the way he approached asking was in a responsible and mature manner and i personally could see no flaws in what he or she typed. But you on the other hand you did come across rude and it was not something which needed to be said.

We like people expecially staff who are going to be active not just in there modship duties but also being part of the community. How can someone know how to approach members and inforce the rules unless there a active part of the community and interaction with the members is a huge thing.

As for raising the ranks, um you really cannot, those who have been here a while and have made the effort with the guild, staff and its members become a dedicated member to the guild and those have more chance of becoming a moderator than just a normal member that walked in off the street. to become a dedicated member then just post constructively and become a part of the community. also knowing noob 101 and the rules is also a good thing as well.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:48 pm
bluegrass cat
wolfpriest101
s o u n d A N B U

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:11 pm
Why do people keep posting in here anyway? We aren't looking for more mods again are we? Cause we just had a mass de-modding because of not needing people.  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sakura-Kyoukan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:03 pm
I'm still considering it, we will have more mods at a later time. but for right now i think things are going ok. I already have a couple people in mind but keep commenting in this thread, it's fun to read. XD  
Graveyard (Past Contests, Dupes, & Bad Threads )

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games