Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hanku Royiaki got HACKED >< Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You ever been hacked?
  Yes, it sucks hard! ><
  Nope! Mules are useful!! XD
View Results

Hankitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:07 pm
Yes, ALL my stuff is gone. More active members here know what rare and expensive items I had, so if you were on my Friends List, go ahead and put me back on yours.

btw, the two collectibles I have now were donated from a good friend. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:45 pm
What exactly happened? Because I have heard time and time again that this site has no "hacking," just scamming.

Did you give out your password?

Pachelbel Canon

Hankitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:48 pm
F*CK no! It was somebody I was talking to via an rp and then when she gave me a "link" to one of her own rp's I clicked the link, the warning didn't pop up, and POOF I was logged out. I quickly changed my password, but she already changed the email address and somehow got me to log out and not get back in.

This person was no n00b at hacking, she got to know me and used me. -_-  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:56 pm
Anytime someone sends you a link, right click and check the properties to see where it takes you.  

lmfaoroflol

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:24 pm
Hankitty
F*CK no! It was somebody I was talking to via an rp and then when she gave me a "link" to one of her own rp's I clicked the link, the warning didn't pop up, and POOF I was logged out. I quickly changed my password, but she already changed the email address and somehow got me to log out and not get back in.

This person was no n00b at scamming, she got to know me and used me. -_-

fixd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:39 pm
I guess you're right about that angel. Still, it doesn't matter. Everything I had is gone, now. I'm just tryin to get my friends from FG4PG back on my list.  

Hankitty

Larghaz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:47 pm
Kinda makes you rethink the people you trust on the Internet don't it?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:59 pm
Sucks for you.

Have to be paranoid as hell nowadays, too many people getting on the site, and too many of them can code a website to get your information. ninja

How exactly did she get you to click the link, and by that, I mean what did she tell you it was?  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm
angel_half82
Hankitty

This person was no n00b at scamming, she got to know me and used me. -_-

fixd

damn u beat me to it xd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:25 pm
For one, we had a conversation before she SCAMMED me. XP

She liked my rping and offered me to join her rp. The link had the http//gaiaonline stuff but apparantly, I outta be hugging that 'right-click, Properties' button more often. -_-

The link immediately logged me out. I wasn't stupid and just gave up, I changed my password 3 times and my email once, she still got into it and removed the email address and somehow logged me out even when I was in the middle of posting.  

Hankitty

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:31 pm
you can just hover over the link to check what it is, it should show it in the bottom left of your browser. Also, if it wasnt actually part of gaia shouldnt the big "warning you are leaving gaia" thing have come up?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:57 pm
That's the weird thing about it. It DIDN'T pop up! O-o;;  

Hankitty

xxKiria-Kunxx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:54 pm
Thanks for the "forced" jump into paranoia in clicking links...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 am
Well...I can only hope that this raises awareness, not so much paranoia. Just check the links before you click on them, which I clearly didn't. -_-  

Hankitty

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:00 am
Never trust anyone on the internet. If you do your soul will be crushed. evil  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items