Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
EVEN MORE BRI/X/? [UPDATED p2] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:32 pm
'sup /fg4pg/, I've got a story to tell. If you don't know who I am, you're either

a. new to the guild
b. just haven't figured it out yet, and it will hit you in a few minutes. My profile is a lie (and will probably scare the ******** out of you) so don't go by that.

(If you do know who I am, keep it quiet. I'm still trying to be on the down low here).

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. No, not really, but it is probably the only story you'll ever hear of my life off of the internet (which is actually the majority of my life, despite my dedication to web based activities).

After taking a long (or short, time is relative after all) leave of gaia, I got bored. Really bored. I no longer had anyone to terrorize, burninate, or pwn in general.

Is the demons and doesn't afraid of anything? Maybe.

So I decided that if I couldn't have my adventures on the internet, I'd just have to have them in the real world. And so I set off around the city, breaking in, climbing over, and a whole lot of walking. And (we) eventually found some pretty cool s**t.

Exhibit one:
User Image
This was under the city. There were no grates or lights above us, so this was pitch black. Thank god we had our flashlights with us; as you can see they're quite bright. Amazingly, there was no graffiti down here, just alot of muck. The crap on the floor was over an inch deep. We didn't go too far due to the lack of oxygen, boots, etc, but overall this was one of the less hazardous locations.

Exhibit two:
User Image
Just wandering between places you occasionally run into something incredible. This was our lucky day: The entire wall under the bridge was painted. There was also a homeless guy wandering around down here, but we left him alone.

Exhibit three:
User Image
User Image
User Image

This is an abandoned portion of an asylum located nearby.

Going in probably wasn't the best idea:
User Image

But we did anyways. Inside we found some creepy s**t:

User Image
*Gasp* there were demons in the base. We didn't see them, but had expected them now for years.

Everything was crappy and dusty, but some things were perfectly preserved once you wiped them off. It was like looking into a time capsule:
User Image

User Image
A friend claimed that this was where they started re-introducing the insane into the work force, by giving them factory-style jobs in the asylum. This room had large sealed rubber doors and was completely sealed off. Everything in this one room was still in good condition, unlike the junk piled up everywhere else. We didn't stick around long, as it was creepy as hell. Despite that there were windows, you could hardly see your own hands without a flashlight. It was a really big place, too. The room was so open that you didn't know what (or who) else might be in there with you, as there was no way to light up the whole place at once.

Some type of heater:
User Image

So, any of you ever done anything like this? Ever had anything that scared the ******** out of you?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:50 pm
eeeeee! hullo you odd adventurous peep u ^^
and wow go you for trying out the real world for a bit. that's some pretty wicked scenery can not believe you went to those places i'm a chicken s**t nowdays lol i prollie woulda ran off xD

growing up in the southern most part of west virginia was where i did alot of my exploring. old abandoned mines. alot were just 1 or 2 foot high things in the side of mts on sides of dirt 4 wheeler roads. lots of old abandoned buildings. shoot my jr high was creepy enough. made in 1800's and shut down/condemned for asbestos the yr after i went to high school.

and old shut down churches and buildings all over that area from early 1900s and so on. because Iaeger west virginia and alot of mcdowell county were boon towns during the early 1900s due to coal.. until mining by the government in the world war illegally stripping huge football field seams of coal from under towns and depleting its resources. now its all ghost towns and a few straggling hicks. you'd love it the buildings and land there are still so untouched from the past where ppl picked up and left quickly.

o. and here in greenbrier county actually here in lewsiburg in the woods driveable though totally there's a civil war "mound" cemetary a grave mound with dozens of soldiers that were unnamed in one grave preserved and fenced off. sat there at night. its pretty and quiet. creepy though and the building next door to it is a shut down mini asylum that was still a home for the clinically insane until a handful of yrs ago. lol you'd like west virginia creep factor 10.0 3nodding oo i should go find pics

edit : this link's in mcdowell county bottom of west virginia. i graduated there at 18 yrs old crawled alll over mtns there growing up here's the mines and what they looked like. the ones they don't show as much of is where i lived mts went straight up from my house. so the ones you had to be careful of were perfect looking picnic spots on side of the mts where it had a nice lil spoon carved looking perch while climbing. those were sink holes. you could very seriously fall into rushing under water springs made by abandoned mines and that was the last we'd see of you awesome right?? xD
http://www.coalwoodwestvirginia.com/old_mines.htm but rly scenery from my stomping grounds check it out
o. and if these are the renovated older structures on this one imagine the ones still there not safely destroyed or remodled.. o Iaegers even in this one whee http://www.trailsrus.com/westvirginia/McDowell-a.html
ok done.. lol this was a fun time killer reading and looking at your spookies then remembering my own back home.  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:55 pm
Guess I'll have to start calling you Ex.....

I ******** love exploring abandoned places, especially creepy ones. Some friends of mine go paint balling in an abandoned factory of some sort. IRL adventures are more fun than interweb ones in my opinion. Last weekend me and some friends went on a scavenger hunt of doing odd tasks. It was 4 groups of 5 people and each put in $5 to make a $100 pot. All teams were given a 4 page long list of things to do and provide proof of doing the task for points. Obviously the group with the most points won. Some of the tasks included

Get a piggy back ride from a cop
Grab a random girls boob
Go to a Jewish restaurant (i forgot the name it had) and order the Nazi special
Piss on a random car
Ding Dong Ditch someone (x2 points if you stay until they answer)
Arm wrestle a hobo
Eat a Frozen Hot Pocket

Stupid stuff.
There were also tasks worth 100,000 points like
Get an elephant or AIDS
Resurrect Hitler
Kill someone.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:02 pm
XD.
I'd so go for the murder but someone would rat me out.
Still sounds like fun.
I'm not good with cops, though. I try to avoid them.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:17 pm
A crazy girl in our group kept saying we should do it. She had a machete in the trunk and told us who she wanted to kill...but of course we didn't do it.

My favorite task that we actually did was "Kick open a random door and shout THIS IS SPARTA!"

We did it to a public bathroom stall (it was empty)....not many places have swinging doors anymore so it was our only option. People gave us weird looks while they went about washing their hands. When I tried to do the ding dong ditch one, I was gonna wait till they answered but no one was home....
Some Publix lady yelled at us and told us to get out for having a shopping cart race and doing a cartwheel down an aisle (sp?) We got the points for the tasks so we didn't care.

A member of another team barrel rolled out of a car for 60 points.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:54 pm
I live in a boring rural town, so there's nowhere to go but the woods.

Once I turn 17 I can drive in to town and do that s**t. I'd love to do all that! It's my dream. Kinda.

There's some broken down house back in the woods that my friend has told me about. There might be some guy living in it. He never wants to investigate it though.

The most exiting thing I've ever done is get chased through the woods by a drug dealer and a druggie after overhearing them discussing pot prices.

So just three more years, and I can drive around and piss on cars with my friends XP  

Artanus

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:19 pm
I live in Downtown Chandler in Arizona, I'm afraid of finding a dead mexican some where. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:29 pm
Dr Entropy
A crazy girl in our group kept saying we should do it. She had a machete in the trunk and told us who she wanted to kill...but of course we didn't do it.

Sounds like my kind of girl. gonk  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:17 pm
TheBlueWarrior
I live in Downtown Chandler in Arizona, I'm afraid of finding a dead mexican some where. xd

There is a good chance you would find one too.

When I was younger I used to do some stupid stuff. Me and a friend of mine got two pieces of that thick foam they used on houses and floated down a flooded creek. When we finally got to calmer waters we floated into this concrete tunnel and there were a whole s**t load of homeless people in it and they started yelling at the top of their lungs for us to get out. The noise in the tunnel was so loud and creepy that we literally sprinted into deeper water and lost our pieces of foam and we had to walk home soaked and cold.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:14 pm
angel_half82
TheBlueWarrior

When I was younger I used to do some stupid stuff. Me and a friend of mine got two pieces of that thick foam they used on houses and floated down a flooded creek. When we finally got to calmer waters we floated into this concrete tunnel and there were a whole s**t load of homeless people in it and they started yelling at the top of their lungs for us to get out. The noise in the tunnel was so loud and creepy that we literally sprinted into deeper water and lost our pieces of foam and we had to walk home soaked and cold.

eek

I think it's called insulation.

That's scary...

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 pm
My god, from the photos you put up I'd say you were in my town's old State Hospital XD...that looks pretty much just like it. In high school that was like, our favorite "hang out" (assuming we could avoid the police)...

My friend Jamie has a fallout shelter sign from there. My friend Aaron broke one of the windows...>_> We broke through several boarded up areas to explore the grounds, and went through the tunnels. I have some old ceramic tiles and stuff from down there. O_o()

As far as misadventures, I could write a book. Sparta VS Persia shopping cart war in the Toys R Us parking lot, dressing up like Jack Sparrow and loitering in a Meijer, making out on a futon and getting kicked out of Meijer, and much much much much more.

Our state hospital (it was an insane asylum) is getting renovated (partially)...one of the buildings is a reaally fancy Italian restaurant...I went there for my senior prom XD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:22 pm
ive never done ne thing like that really cept thro the sewers. whare i live in the middle of no whare there aren't alot of places like that, everything here is new so to find old places you have to travel a few hours away by car.  

Marurashi

xxKiria-Kunxx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:49 pm
Dr Entropy
Guess I'll have to start calling you Ex.....

I ******** love exploring abandoned places, especially creepy ones. Some friends of mine go paint balling in an abandoned factory of some sort. IRL adventures are more fun than interweb ones in my opinion. Last weekend me and some friends went on a scavenger hunt of doing odd tasks. It was 4 groups of 5 people and each put in $5 to make a $100 pot. All teams were given a 4 page long list of things to do and provide proof of doing the task for points. Obviously the group with the most points won. Some of the tasks included

Get a piggy back ride from a cop
Grab a random girls boob
Go to a Jewish restaurant (i forgot the name it had) and order the Nazi special
Piss on a random car
Ding Dong Ditch someone (x2 points if you stay until they answer)
Arm wrestle a hobo
Eat a Frozen Hot Pocket

Stupid stuff.
There were also tasks worth 100,000 points like
Get an elephant or AIDS
Resurrect Hitler
Kill someone.
Lol... That's hilarious...

@Ex- Damn... Those places are creepy...

In other news, IRL adventures are fun... Especially ones that include riding around your local park holding a "Need to lose weight? Call 1-800- (insert 7 digit number here)" and watching people take out their cellphones to call...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:49 pm
Haha, that asylum would be awesome to go mess around in, I wish we had cool stuff around here.

Creepiest thing we had around here would have probably been the paper mill. So many people died, lost limbs, or were left permanently disabled there that there had to have been some bad juju floating around. There were all sorts of machines and stuff that they just left there when it got closed down, lathes, gigantic rolling machines, et cetera. According to my friends, being in that place always seemed like it would be a setting for one of the Resident Evil games just because there was an aura that hung around inside of it, and they always ended up hearing stuff that shouldn't have happened, happen in there, like once when it sounded like one of the machines was trying to start up.

Too bad they bulldozed the place, they're building condos there sometime soon, but there were so many hazardous chemicals there that it will probably mess with people for years until they figure out that the ground is contaminated and clean it up.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:56 pm
Metalic_Noodles
angel_half82
TheBlueWarrior

eek

I think it's called insulation.

That's scary...

~Metalic_Noodles

Doesn't really matter what its called. I could call it a makeshift boat since thats what I used it for.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff