Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I hate heart to heart conversations >.> Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Head like a...
  POLL!
View Results

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:02 pm
Seriously, I really don't like waking up from a nap then hearing all my mom's fears about the wrong choices I might make. We were first talking about my sister who has recently made some stupid choices when we move on to my college picks.
I brought up Radford University because I was talking about it today in school. So my mom says that she hopes I don't look just at Radford because of my one friend looking into and our other friend coming back down to Virginia to go there too.
gonk WTF?? What am I - a mindless person who has to follow my friends where ever I go?
I really would like people to see me as an independent person but I don't think they can wrap their minds around that concept. I think my mother and my closest friend, the two people I care about the most, still think I'm a fragile person. And that really irritates me.
And pretty much the whole conversation just irritated me. I guees it's good that she got everything off her chest but man! I'm still trying to recover from my rather shitty day. (To keep that short, I pretty much could have gone to a theme park because I did nothing worth wild in school today.)

On a good note, though, I'm the Editor in Chief for my school's liteature magazine, The Presidential Pen.

Discuss:
Heart to heart conversation with parents/friends/family members
Your Crappy Day/Week/Month/Year
How you're NOT a fragile person
Nine Inch Nails and its qualities as venting music
Editor in Chiefs & School Liteature  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:33 pm
Well, Pretty much my whole month as it is has been pretty crappy.

SIDE NOTE: 110,811 gaians online 0.o

Back to the convo.
Parents always thing that the only opinion which is correct, is the one they think is right.
Everything "I DO" is apparently following another person? After alot of blabbering and parental behavior, I get a lecture about being my own person, making my own decisions.

Pretty much.  

Captain Chunks

Dapper Conversationalist

iExstasy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:44 pm
My mom is dum cuz she pretty much ******** her life up [ srry for Language] and pushes me to be a A student when am a C student!!!! and we talked about college and i was like " I wanna go to UC Santa Cruz." and she really said "Why so you can go smoke pot?".... I hate being looked down on cuz of that fact.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:52 pm
I dont like talking about anything near my heart at all, except with like, maybe one, person.

This has most likely been my worst year of my fifteen.

I AM fragile. Anybody who knows me would tell you that.  

SecondBanana

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:57 pm
SecondBanana
I dont like talking about anything near my heart at all, except with like, maybe one, person.

This has most likely been my worst year of my fifteen.

I AM fragile. Anybody who knows me would tell you that.

It sounds like you could use a hug ---

Or a rickroll.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:16 pm
I hate heart to heart conversations, they never end well. Most likely because I tend to be rather cold about some things, and so people hear things that they don't want to hear if they have those sort of conversations with me.

My month so far is going pretty good though, which is a plus since the last three months have sucked a big one. Best part of this month, I turn 18 in three weeks, so I'll be legal everywhere instead of just in the state of Georgia. xD That, and I can get a tattoo, but since I don't know what I would want, that isn't that high right now.

NIN is quite good venting music though, makes me want to do something physical to get my energy off, although, I feel that Rage Against the Machine does that even better, at least for me. 3nodding  

tsukasa_the_quiet

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:56 pm
whoo, spring break!

my mom doesnt really care what college i go to or what i do there. ive gained alot of trust... but she does worry about the funding for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:35 pm
Moms are always there to second guess your decisions. Either way you are growing up and you are starting to make decisions for yourself EVENTUALLY they will realize that you have the ability to form your own opinions and that you need to learn from mistakes that you decided to make. Its all a part of growing up and becoming a wise old person.

END WISE OLD PERSON SPEAK

A perfect Circle is way better venting music. Crank up Judith and tell me that doesn't make you feel better. rofl  

angel_half82
Crew

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:35 pm
jfm567
whoo, spring break!

my mom doesnt really care what college i go to or what i do there. ive gained alot of trust... but she does worry about the funding for it.

That's pretty much my mom's major concern is the funding. It sounds like whatever is going to be the most economical is the one I will be going too.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:45 pm
Maybe once you go off to college and you show them that you can make it on your own then maybe they'll quit worrying.

I won't even get into what I've experienced cause I'll just ramble on. stare  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:11 pm
I hate heart to heart conversations, mostly because for me they end badly. It starts with me making a choice, my parents disagreeing or having something to say about said choice, me telling them that I'm going to do what I want to do, and then them screaming at me gonk Lovely >.> But honestly... I'm gonna do what I want to do in college and I'm smart and I've thought things out blaugh So nyeh D:<  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:11 am

So far April has sucked for me. I keep getting no sleep, which means I'm a cranky walking zombie with headaches and can't properly function.

If you are worried about financing collage look into scholarships?

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 am
Scholarships arent guaranteed, and if they were that easy to get everyone would have them >.<

I will never tell anyone what is bothering me. I once did, a few months ago, and I regreted it almost instantly. As a result of how badly it turned out I dont trust the person as much as I used to. So moral is heart to heart conversations ruin friendships xp

The last few weeks have been s**t. I do 11 hour days at uni, get home, work until any time between 11:30pm and 2am, and get up again at 7 to start over again. Its ok the first few days. But now we're in week 6 gonk and now instead of having 2 assignments to do at the same time, I have 5.

And i have a pimple on the inside of my nose and it hurts because i have a cold

Im going to die crying  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:07 am
@angel: Omg, wise old person speak <333
@Munchie: Probably, I guess I just have to get through high school first.
@churrlo: -High fives- SMARTNESS!
@Noodles: Aww, I hope you get some sleep too. I'll be applying for scholarships this summer and I'll proably end up getting loans from the government.
@Ghost: Looks like you could use a pick-me-up! -Picks up & shakes-  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:59 am
Bah... I hate heart to heart conversations... Mostly because ppl think I'm not sympathetics and I'd end up making ppl feel worse and think I'm mean. I also hate having those kind of conversation with my parents.... Usually they'd complain about their work, and how I'm not playing nice and obedient daughter and they want me to change my attitude, etc. etc. mad  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff