Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Computers & Video Games
Resident Evil or Silent Hill

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silent Hill or Resident Evil?
Resident Evil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Silent Hill
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Duct Tape Trap

3,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:46 am
Now,alot of people love survival horror video games.And the main two for most people are the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series.But,the question is,which is better?Silent Hill is all about emotional horror while Resident Evil is physical.A town with a dark history terrifying people with dark pasts and a world with an apocalyptic virus.Which will you choose?  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:41 pm
Resident Evil.  

21coolkid12

darth technique

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:44 am
resident evil suckaz  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:10 pm
resident evil  

shmeather

Sukaimora

4,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:13 am
definantely RE  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:03 pm
Yeah, RE all the way xd
But Silent Hill does have some bad a** monsters..

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Slyphide

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:28 pm
Silent hill has a dope a** story... or at least SH3, but, Resident Evil Cant be touched!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:54 am
User Image
User Image

----------------------------- { Seta Soujirou }

Both <3

{ "the strong survives, and the weak dies" = Tenken } -----------------------------

"I know of two men who were walking down the same path at the same point in the past and it took that long for them to reach opposite truths. So, I was thinking I might be able to find my own truth if I spend ten years wandering."
-Rurouni Kenshin { Seta Soujiro}

Mikkuni

3,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Sir Merlot

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:33 am
Well, thinking in this way, in the Survival Horror Genre, I think Silent Hill (at least the first) has a better story, the terror managed there is excellent, while Resident Evil has more action, no much scary things there (or at least in the RE4 and 5).

Silent Hill Manages the terror by putting the fog, the changes of music and atmospheres, besides the sounds of the radio when a monster is getting close (but that you don't know from where is coming... O.O). Personally, I liked the parts when the city transform to a dark hell-kind city.

Resident Evil (1, 2 and 3) manage the terror, basically, by the lost of control of the camera, you are restricted to see only what appears in the camera and the change of music in some parts (the silence is important in any survival Horror game), also for the sudden appears of monsters when you don't ever wait... Personally, I liked RE2 most (was the first I played).

But the story of the Silent Hill series was losing interest in each story, I think the first story is the best.
For RE4 and 5, they have lost the scary thing and concentrate in the action.

Anyway, all these games are very EXCeLLENT games of this genre.  
Computers & Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games