Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Bullying Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think the amount of bullying is increasing?
  Yes
  No, not really
View Results

MatsuroX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:57 pm
I've seen lots of it happening and I've even been bullied myself for along time, I do think the amount of bullying that is going on keeps increasing nonstop.

1. Have you ever been bullied?
2. What are your views on the issue?
3. what do you think could prevent bullying from happening?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:00 pm
1. Have you ever been bullied? Yes.
2. What are your views on the issue? Bullies will get what's coming to them, from me or someone else.
3. what do you think could prevent bullying from happening? Hurt the bully. Hurt them bad. mad  

Dark King Treble

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:21 pm
Yes, violence is the answer rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:18 pm
Iconised Ghost
Yes, violence is the answer rolleyes

it is lol  

Ichigo_Bankai24

Queen Belle von Hellbond

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:35 pm
I have been bullied quite a lot. People at school substitute part of my last name with whore.
There is also a guy at school who has threatened to rape me beat me up , and just recently threatened to kill me. My dad is personal friends with the sheriff (they're in rotary together) and told the guy, if he kept harassing me he would get the sheriff involved, he still hasn't stopped. We think something is wrong with him mentally.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:05 pm
my friends get bullied and i bet i've been talked badly about more than once but i don't really care about me, i do care if my friends are hurt though and i've been standing up for them more recently. i kinda doubt that there is much anything we can do about it though. they all have different reasons whether they just don't like the person or they just want attention. teacher i find don't usually do much if anything but even if they do it almost never stops these people. i mean we can stand up for these people who get torn inside and/or out but most of them will then just make fun of you. even so i'm going to keep on doing it and i'll probably pound a couple on my way^^'. its something that the bullies have to face with inside of them. cause bullying IS a choice and some people just make bad choices(some more than others). so on this matter i say only time will tell.  

animefreec

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:51 pm
I bully bullies. Seriously.. I don't like defenseless people getting picked on.. and alot of times bullies do it because they think they can.. I show them why they can't..

I can be the most annoying thing to have on your tail every day, all day.. they usually get the point.

I know I break them when they say "what did I ever do to YOU" and I tell them "it's not what you did to ME it's what YOU do to OTHERS. Now you know how it feels."

Bullies only understand one thing.. and it's bullying. I find it hilarious that the majority of them can give it but can't take it. Most of the time, it's just a cry for attention or an attempt to make themselves feel superior because they have really low self esteems. As for the bullies that just do it because they're popular and think they can pick on weaker people for fun.. that's just pathetic.. I dislike those types the most..

I might be small, but I can be a HUGE pain in the a** if I see a bully bullying people. I think that's how I made most of my friends.. I'm a very protective person.

I know, I know.. it also makes me somewhat of a bully myself.. but to me, I don't mind, cause I'm bullying people that are making other people miserable for no reason. I know it's not a valid excuse, but I'm just being honest.

Sleepyhead94, you need to be careful.. he doesn't sound like your typical bully.. being threatened with rape or with being killed, isn't something that should be taken lightly.. I knew someone that used to threaten my sister the same way.. one day out of the clear blue sky, he shot a 13 year old kid in the head just to see what it felt like *and at the time he was 13 himself.. and yes, as a 13 year old he was threatening to rape and kill my sister* He got placed in jail until he turned 18.. we never took it seriously back then because he was rarely in the picture and he was only 13.. but wow.. now I feel she got lucky looking back.. that could've been her that got shot. The guy that's doing that to you.. he has more than just mental problems. I hope he's left you alone by now. I'm seriously worried for you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:33 pm
I suggest martial arts. If you get good enough (and you can!) you won't even have to hit back. You can just dodge until they tire out. I myself employ this technique but I usually just choose to end it with a punch to the temple and knock them out.  

LordRyan

musicmagician823

5,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:58 pm
I've been bullied a few times. I did an assignment on bullying in primary school, and we went to a councellor's office to get brochures about bullying. It said that bullies normally pick on others because they're jealous of them or because something's happening at home that's making them upset so they feel they have to take their anger out on others. I believe that violence is NOT the answer at all, because that encourages the bully and says that violence is ok. My dad told me that if you want to beat a bully, use brains. You just have to use a smart comeback and most of the time they don't get what you just said.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:40 am
LordRyan
I suggest martial arts. If you get good enough (and you can!) you won't even have to hit back. You can just dodge until they tire out. I myself employ this technique but I usually just choose to end it with a punch to the temple and knock them out.

This is a really good suggestion! Though there are other forms of self-defense that are effective aside from physical self defense. First off, and many people aren't aware of this...but sometimes bullies can be dealt with, with the right attitude towards them...they're predators, they feed off your fear, but if they believe that you're not scared, then they'll move on. Act as though you have an attitude that makes them feel like "she/he's a waste of my time bullying". How? Have a offensive attitude towards them like they're not worth your time (which is probably true!)...walk around and act like you're better then them (and not just in a saturday morning program mantra "I'm a good person, I'm a good person, I'm a good person" they will probably continue breaking you down). Your look, no matter what your 'rents and superiors say, DOES matter! I'm not saying go on a shopping spree and shell out 100's of dollars for designer threads, dress, "tougher"...have you noticed that most people at school that dress like they're an extra from High School Musical and last year's Britney Spears tend to have threats that they'll be torn apart (physically) by bullies, and gang raped by guys with malliciously low self-esteem? Where as those that dress (oh, and have an attitude like nothing bothers them) um, "normally" hardly have anything happen to them? It's cuz they somehow subliminally make the bullies think that they have nothing valuable to offer.

BIG tip: Travel in a group of people that you get along well with! Bullies HATE and FEAR groups!

Personally (I'm not in highschool anymore), I was "schooled" well by my middle sister who, as I advised in the first paragraph, acted like nothing bothered her, drew a lot of positive attention and people towards her, and, not that she needed to try...always had large groups of people with her. She didn't know physical self defense, but she DID know, um, "social self defense"...like she got along with everyone, didn't act like she puts out to any guy that comes along, didn't act like she had anything to hide, she was very self-aware of what a good person she was...so she hardly had anyone wanting to harm her (well, even if she did, there were a horde of people willing to be her bodygauards! lol!). So, when I was in highschool...I kinda followed what my sister was like when she was in high school...I was really social, had an attitude that everyone was cool (ever heard of the saying "I'm okay, so you're okay"? It DOES make sense!), I didn't have as big of a group as my sister did, but the people that I surrounded myself with respected me (not that I was some big shot, though), and just generally minded my own business (oh yeah, if you can step into a situation that you feel that you can help resolve and nothing bad can happen to you, GREAT! If not, then stay out of it...well, at least stay out of the bully's way, but if you feel you should do something...you could try to be a friend to the person that's being harmed).

Well, there's my 2 cents...though donations are welcome! j/k...bad joke.  

chaosisbornfromchoice

chaosisbornfromchoice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:53 am
Ah, I'll give my imput...

1. Have you ever been bullied? Yes
2. What are your views on the issue? It happens, it will always happen somewhere
3. what do you think could prevent bullying from happening? Stand up to the bully, get a gang against them, break some bones!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:11 pm
1. no
2. it is very bad i have seen the effects, but i ... corrected the problem with the bully
3. lemme at em'  

KingdomEthan1

fli_as_can_be

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:21 am
bullying is wrong,wrong,and wrong.

people who get bullied tooo much find themselves trapped.And when they finally cant take it.....they commit suicide.All because of an a** hole

i bully bullies.They deserve it.They should never ever haved harrased a kid like that.Bullies.....

But bullies also become bullies becuase they think there better than every one.they no no one wants to kick there a** because those kids listen to their parents.

it makes me sick  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:54 am
I used to get picked on my bullies, untill I started standing up for myself. Then they kinda left me alone, but I felt that I needed to help those sho couldnt stand up for themselves. I remember the first day I started a new high school, after moving, I ws in gym and a kid from the period before who I kinda started becoming friends with was also in there. So we were hanging out and some jerk comes up and starts picking on him, so I stood up and told him basicly to back off, and he kinda gave me a look like he was gonna kill me or somthing, but I didnt back down, so he threw me a fack punck, like when it stops before it hits your face, and I didnt even blink, mostly because I saw it coming. he took off after then but didnt really bither with me too much, and only ocasionally picked on my friend, at least when I was around, but I always intervened before he could hurt him or anything. He eventually stopped picking on him all together and probably moved onto someone else. But not all bullies are bad peopel, I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. Some people bullie people to not get bulied themself, one of my friends used to bully me, among other peopel, and we eventually became friends over comon interests, thats when he told me that he bullied peopel because he was afraid to get bullied by another group of kids who were his so called "friends". If its possible, try talking to these people, maybe they are doing the same thing.  

Darth Steven 09

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200

12neowolf34

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:36 pm
Many of these are really good suggestions, but I had my own way of dealing with bullies: Shock and Awe.

The majority of bullies are insecure and cowardice. The most effective way to combat those weaknesses is to exposee and exploit them. on most occaisions, if you dare them to do something, they will back down. however, there are some cases in which this oppurtunity never presents itsself. In these cases, the most effective means of defence is immediate retaliation. Say the bully walks up and pushes you, do not hesitate to sock them in the face. the second someone enters your personal space or puts a hand on you, it is legally considered assault and can be acted upon in self defence. If Someone expects you to back down, they become more comfortable in making you uncomfortable with each act of bullying. Only a violent jolt from that comfort zone can give them a clearer image of what they are doing wrong, and will probably never physically bother you again. They may say things about you, but most of them are too chicken-s**t to ever touch the person being bullied.  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff