Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Is this really necessary? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

;_;
  D:
View Results

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:48 am
Someone on facebook sent me a group invite to sign another animal rights petition. This one is about the live skinning of cats and dogs in China for fur exports.

I don't wear fur and rarely wear leather. I don't try to discourage others from wearing what they want or force my views upon them. I'm just making this thread to share some information people may not have been very aware of before. According to this the Chinese fur industry is skinning cats and dogs in mass numbers for cheap exports every year, and failing to specify that their products are these kinds of fur.

A quote from the website:
"People buy apparel, accessories, toys and souvenirs trimmed or made with fur. Do you they are labeled "Labrador fur" or "Siamese cat fur"? Of course not. The fur is mislabeled and disguised."

I haven't seen any proof that the fur is being disguised as anything else and the website doesn't really back up that claim. I wouldn't know firsthand either as I don't buy fur products. Unless of course, I do and don't know it, because they are "disguised."

But all of that is beside the main point. There is a video on the site of animals being skinned alive and left to die. Actually still moving in a lot of pain after their fur is gone. It's a VERY graphic video and if you were really upset by the image of the starving dog from Ketket's previous thread I wouldn't recommend watching this video. Videos and images normally don't phase me at all, but I couldn't finish watching that video.

There's also a petition of course to sign, that is against live animal skinning and other violations of animal rights happening in China..

The website.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:54 am
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

User Image  

angel_half82
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:58 am
The video is what really bothered me. I'm not sure I've ever been bothered so much by watching something. ._.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:02 pm
aprilness
The video is what really bothered me. I'm not sure I've ever been bothered so much by watching something. ._.

WTF are the advantages of skinning something when its still alive?!?!?! OMFG Put the poor thing out of its misery! That was terrible!

*continues to rage*  

angel_half82
Crew

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:08 pm
Thats terrible. I wouldn't watch the video...

But the idea is enough to make me sick. They could at least kill them before skinning them. Its hard to believe anyone can be that heartless  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:47 pm
I have to say, while I have no problem with skinning animals, I do think it's messed up to be doing it to live ones, besides, like Angel said, there is really no benefit to skinning them alive. confused  

tsukasa_the_quiet

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:12 pm
[Tsukasa567]
I have to say, while I have no problem with skinning animals, I do think it's messed up to be doing it to live ones, besides, like Angel said, there is really no benefit to skinning them alive. confused

I've Field Dressed many many Deer and I've never once thought to myself "maybe this would be easier if this deer were alive..."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:37 pm
eek I stopped watching after the raccoon. That was ******** horrible.

Seriously, you can't just kill it? That would be a whole lot better scream  

Artanus

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:05 pm
I'm not going to watch it cause I know I wouldn't be able to take it.
Taking the skin to make toys and junk. Poor animals, I'm pissed again. burning_eyes

Why can't they simply take dead animals instead! It's so freaking inhumane and stupid! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:20 pm
angel_half82
[Tsukasa567]

I've Field Dressed many many Deer and I've never once thought to myself "maybe this would be easier if this deer were alive..."
It just doesn't make any sense, if anything, it'd be more difficult to do if they were still alive since they would be kicking and moving around.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:25 pm
[Tsukasa567]
angel_half82
[Tsukasa567]

It just doesn't make any sense, if anything, it'd be more difficult to do if they were still alive since they would be kicking and moving around.
People who do that would just end up with many bites and scratches  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:42 pm
Can't say I support it, but this stuff has been going around for a while.

It needs to be stopped, but with things are in China, the government and all, it'll have to wait.  

[Frito]

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:54 pm
Have you guys seen that documentary called World in Peril, it shows different parts of the world that might be contributing to global warming. It shows that China is the biggest consumer in the world and they showed some of the local markets selling animals (endangered) as pets and as food and for medicine, like tiger p***s and paws and those things are actually illegal, but because there are so many other problems in China animals aren't the biggest thing on their priority list, it's sad. I can understand that they have maybe bigger things worry about though, but it's still so sad to me. It's not just their animals, but the people, so many are getting sick because of the severe pollution they have; It's dreadful. >_<  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:14 pm
aprilness
Someone on facebook sent me a group invite to sign another animal rights petition. This one is about the live skinning of cats and dogs in China for fur exports.

I don't wear fur and rarely wear leather. I don't try to discourage others from wearing what they want or force my views upon them. I'm just making this thread to share some information people may not have been very aware of before. According to this the Chinese fur industry is skinning cats and dogs in mass numbers for cheap exports every year, and failing to specify that their products are these kinds of fur.

A quote from the website:
"People buy apparel, accessories, toys and souvenirs trimmed or made with fur. Do you they are labeled "Labrador fur" or "Siamese cat fur"? Of course not. The fur is mislabeled and disguised."

I haven't seen any proof that the fur is being disguised as anything else and the website doesn't really back up that claim. I wouldn't know firsthand either as I don't buy fur products. Unless of course, I do and don't know it, because they are "disguised."

But all of that is beside the main point. There is a video on the site of animals being skinned alive and left to die. Actually still moving in a lot of pain after their fur is gone. It's a VERY graphic video and if you were really upset by the image of the starving dog from Ketket's previous thread I wouldn't recommend watching this video. Videos and images normally don't phase me at all, but I couldn't finish watching that video.

There's also a petition of course to sign, that is against live animal skinning and other violations of animal rights happening in China..

The website.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek eek eek scream scream scream THIS IS IN HUMANE.. my apologies for the mispelling. Im just in shock and just disgusted at the moment.....................................
Im sorry, but Humans that do this suck big time.

BE SAFE

PEACE  

kezakey

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:00 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
[Tsukasa567]
angel_half82
[Tsukasa567]

People who do that would just end up with many bites and scratches

And from a profits point of view, it doesnt make sense, you have a greater chance of damanging the fur. Are you sure this isnt an elaborate hoax? I mean the skinning alive, not the mixing of the fur and not telling people what it is, im pretty sure thats been going on for ages. It just doesnt make sense if they are doing it to make money. I say this before i have watched the video though  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff