Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Behold the great human empire Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:14 pm
Soup/fg4pg/

Some friends of mine were talking about the fact that all science fiction movies portray humans as the good guys. But there's always the possibility that things will happen the other way around (In soviet Russia, the aliens get invaded by YOU!). Then we began dreaming up ways in which humans would take over other ******** YEAH DEATH STAR.

On the other hand, another friend and I were watching Doctor Who, where the Doctor uses the line "So many species, so little time". Obviously every human will want their extraterrestrial boyfriend or girlfriend; in which case we'd take over the universe by reproducing until everyone was mostly human.

But enough of my crazy thoughts.

What do YOU think will happen when humanity gets out into other galaxies? How will we interact with aliens? Invade, mate with, or be kill by demons?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:38 pm
Um as far as humans go. Some will be diplomatic about it. Others will be destructive, divide and conquer.
Basically we will think that all other Aliens, should think like humans and act like humans.
We are a very distructive force.
God save the Aliens, if we manage to build ships and decide to imigrate to other Planets.

BE SAFE

PEACE  

kezakey

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:32 pm
1) there's no way we'd ever get to another galaxy. we'd have to travel faster than the speed of light and EVEN THEN it'd take forever.

2) scientists have already talked about how since dna is actually very fragile, alien species might not HAVE dna as we know it. they could be based on something completely different and if that were true, chances of humans & aliens breeding would be slim to none.

however, i think if we ever DID discover intelligent aliens that we could communicate w/, a lot of people's first impulse would be to destroy them due to all the dangers ((better & deadlier technologies, alien sicknesses, etc)). however, i HOPE that whatever government is in charge would do the diplomatic thing, send representatives and engage in civil cultural exchanges.

i hope hope hope. 3nodding

maybe we'll get lucky and the first aliens we meet will be like the vulcans, lol. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:35 pm
Exmucane
Soup/fg4pg/
Obviously every human will want their extraterrestrial boyfriend or girlfriend; in which case we'd take over the universe by reproducing until everyone was mostly human.

Obviously I'm not a human then, because I'm SO not interested in an alien boyfriend. XD Inter-special dating/mating just isn't for me.

It'll probably be a big controversial thing like interracial dating was for the longest time (and still is for some people).
neutral  

Pachelbel Canon

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:49 pm
They'll see that we exist, then they won't know what to make of us, so they will destroy us. Or, if the race of aliens is a less technologically advanced than we are, then we will enslave their entire race, and use them for whatever elements they may have in their world.

But, that all is assuming that there is some form of life out there that is more advanced than single cell organisms and that we could find the planet on which those organisms live.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:49 pm
I'd say the same way sci-fi movies anticipate we would act: We'd arrive declaring peace but it isn't long before the race becomes paranoid and offended by humans so they start turning our technology against us, eventually eradicating us. And now that they know there are similar beings out there, they will travel back to our world and rape the land of its resources.  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:28 pm
i believe diplomacy could be established if interaction was possible. this topic makes me think of mass effect.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:30 pm
I hate to say it, but i'd probably be all over those dude-aliens. xd  

MonsieurSponge

Artanus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:37 pm
You stole my idea for a movie!
If we ever find life, we're gonna ******** up their life styles

And south park is right, we're gonna push religion on them eventually.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:03 pm
jfm567
i believe diplomacy could be established if interaction was possible. this topic makes me think of mass effect.

makes me think of that old movie called the day the earth stood still. sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:37 pm

If the aliens are smart, vanquish us, destroy us so that even our dust is vanquished.

Diplomacy until we get bored or think we may have the power to kill them.

Has anyone ever wondered that maybe this question is asked, because aliens are waiting for our answer to finally change to something less horrid for them?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:43 am
The only thing i have to add to this conversation is that the one thing i wish i had never learnt anything about is the universe. I remember being mildly concerned about the idea of aliens, until someone pointed out that the idea of there being no other life force out there other than us is equally as frightening. Now im a nervous wreck xd

And i want soup mrgreen  

Iconised Ghost

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:07 am
Iconised Ghost
The only thing i have to add to this conversation is that the one thing i wish i had never learnt anything about is the universe. I remember being mildly concerned about the idea of aliens, until someone pointed out that the idea of there being no other life force out there other than us is equally as frightening. Now im a nervous wreck xd

And i want soup mrgreen

lol, what killed me when i started learning about all that stuff was ALL THE NATURALLY OCCURRING CRAZY s**t OUT THERE that can kill us. crying SCARY!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:18 am
Alien boyfriend....hmmm.....

http://i25.tinypic.com/11c7fbs.jpg

I'd hit that.  

Dana Pixie Stix

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:46 pm
bluegrass cat
jfm567

makes me think of that old movie called the day the earth stood still. sweatdrop

It's not THAT old. It was pretty good btws. (This is coming from a gal born in '92).

@Dana- That would HURT.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces