Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Anyway this cake is--- oh s**t! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Portal
  The Aperture Science Center reminds you that you will be baked, and there'll be cake
  You think you are doing some damage? 2+2=10... In base 4, I'M FINE!
  Welcome to the Aperture Science Computer Aided Enrichment Center
  Maybe Black Mesa? That was a joke, haha, fat chance!
  Eww! Whats wrong with your legs?
  Do you smell something burning?
  Uh oh! Someone cut the cake! I told them to wait for you but they cut it anyway. There are still some left if you hurry back!
View Results

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm
If anyone was wondering why I was away [though I don't think anyone really cares] I was busy playing Half-Life. I got it over the weekend when Dad took me shopping. Though that isn't the main topic here.

The main topic is this. With $150 dollars for b-day spending money, I used some of it to get the game Portal for the computer.

Well, just yesterday I got the game. But the problem is that the computer won't play it! Want to know why? I really don't know myself. All I get is a message that says I need at least DirectX 8.0 to run the game. But the thing is I have 9.0. The program keeps saying that is out of date when that isn't the case.

Anyway it makes be sad because I was really excited. Now the only way I can play any of it is though Garrys Mod, and there is it incomplete. Things are missing, and other things don't work. The Portal Gun, Turrets, and Energy Pellets are missing. In some cases the Elevator is missing as well.
Sometimes the program makes the computer restart[too many times]

I gave up on trying to play though Gmod.

Oh yeah, when I was trying level 12 the Wighted Companion Cube was being so annorying I really wanted to incinerate it.

-Topics-
Portal
Portal Errors
Gmod
Half-Life  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:36 pm
i have no idea what "portal" is, but if you bought it and it doesnt work you should be able to return it or ring them up and ask them what the dickens is wrong with it  

First Pancake

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:40 pm
I didn't think it was the disk. Most of the time there is something wrong with the computer. Because with Valve games once the game is loaded there is no more use for the disk.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:44 pm
Maybe u cant return it then. But they still might be able to help with running issues, surely someone else has had the same issue  

First Pancake

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:09 pm
Perhaps. Perhaps it is just because of an out of date computer.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:15 pm
if you have an xbox 360 you shouldve gotten it for that...but im assuming you dnt cause you got the pc version....welll...........i think your problem is that you need a 3d graphics card like nvidia.................directx needs a 3d card to support it...............if you do have a card like that then im clueless...........hope i helped...........  

Lineriku

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:50 pm
I don't think thats the case. Though its possible.

The reason I don't believe that is the case is because it plays Half-Life just fine. And that game is 3d. I just think its an outdated graphics card. The game was made just last year and the computer was here before that. Almost two years.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:31 pm
this might be a dumb suggestion, but have you tried changing the resolution when you are playing it? I play TR3 on Vista fine, as long as a tone down my screen resolution, and that game is probably about 8 years old or so  

Iconised Ghost

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:43 am
Orange Box time? =o It does sound awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:55 pm
(play it on an xbox 360, works perfectly)  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:25 pm
Iconised Ghost
this might be a dumb suggestion, but have you tried changing the resolution when you are playing it? I play TR3 on Vista fine, as long as a tone down my screen resolution, and that game is probably about 8 years old or so

It might not to too dumb a suggestion. I'll try that sometime.

Teh Dana

Not exactly Orange Box. I didn't bothering getting the set. I have a 2006 Holiday Half-Life set and Portal. But no Team Fortress 2

jfm567

That is a nice idea, but I don't have one. Not trying to sound mean but if I did have one I might not get Half-Life, or Portal for pc.

Anyway, I can kinda play it though Garry's mod. Though that does take some of the fun away from the game.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:42 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
Iconised Ghost

Teh Dana

Not exactly Orange Box. I didn't bothering getting the set. I have a 2006 Holiday Half-Life set and Portal. But no Team Fortress 2

jfm567

That is a nice idea, but I don't have one. Not trying to sound mean but if I did have one I might not get Half-Life, or Portal for pc.

Anyway, I can kinda play it though Garry's mod. Though that does take some of the fun away from the game.

steam always has some trouble with video cards, the bastards, but i really want to get half life 2: lost coast. x_x you werent sounding mean, i was just making a suggestion.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:19 pm
jfm567
Bikki Kobayashi V
Iconised Ghost

Teh Dana

jfm567

steam always has some trouble with video cards, the bastards, but i really want to get half life 2: lost coast. x_x you werent sounding mean, i was just making a suggestion.
Well, thanks anyway. Honestly I never really have much interest in the xbox system. However I guess I'll consider getting it. Anyway I think I have Lost Coast on my game list. I just don't have it installed yet. The set really did come with a lot of stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:23 pm
As soon as I get my Economic stimulus check I'm going out and buying an xbox 360 and a new mattress. Oh and Army of Two.  

angel_half82
Crew

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:45 pm
angel_half82
As soon as I get my Economic stimulus check I'm going out and buying an xbox 360 and a new mattress. Oh and Army of Two.

*plugs PSP into xbox 360* THE HORROR.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces