36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
soccer_kitty73
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

Vincent Ordep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:56 pm
Yup, it's that time of year again! (in the U.S., at least)
Anywho, in grand old garage sale tradition, I have accumulated too much stuff in both of my accounts- some things I've got in duplicate, some things in triplicate even, as well as some things that're neat, but just not my style.

So I decided not a sale, per se, but a contest was in order!

Here's the idea:

* following will be the end of a story.
* the challenge is to write a story to lead up to it.
* there may be as many different stories as participants wish.
* there may be as many participants as want to contribute, contributing any input they want to give for the finished story(-ies).
*Prizes will be awarded to a team leader, if there are teams working on this- it's then up to the leader to divvy up winnings fairly.
* The contest will end once fifteen pages of story total have been posted.
* there is no time limit.
*Once the fifteen pages mark has been reached, I won't take any more entries, and the winners will be decided by a week (seven day) long open vote.
*That's right, I said winnerS. First place will get one of every item I'm unloading, second place will get every item I have three of. (special note: I'll be fishing and playing the slots to expand the prize pot some more whilst you write)
* that's your mission, if you choose to accept it.

The End...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took another shot of whiskey and smirked at the sunset.

Horseshoes and hand grenades. Potatoes and gravy. Black and white. That's about how we worked, despite everything, worked. We liked it that way too.

I still might pay him back for my thumb.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 pm
Any questions? biggrin  

Louise the Bump Fairy

1,450 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

sunny_24

Friendly Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:02 am
lol

hi  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:17 pm
I'm sorry but I've totally confused  

hazel843

Louise the Bump Fairy

1,450 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:49 pm
Write a story to go with the end of a story I put above, and I'll put it up for a vote, once we stop. If yours gets enough votes, you'll get a whole mess of random items from me.

Better? biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:54 pm
Do you want a short story or an actual book like story?  

this_is_g8y

3,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200

searsrisenbunny

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:04 pm
I was just riding around, doing the rounds around the small dirt town. looking and watching, thinking that this old town was all calm and peaceful. suddenly my horse, ole snoopy, slowed to a stop as we came to the edge of town.
I tipped my hat at some ladies entering from there farms on the outskirts of the valley.
Me-Good afternoon ladies.
Then-Good afternoon sheriff.
The high noon sun glinted off my badge as i turned around to head back to the saloon. nothings usually happening in this quiet town, i thought, but u never know when somethings gonna rile up.
i hook my horse up to the hook out front and walk through the front.
Me-Everything good today cookie?
Cookie- Everythings good so far sheriff.
i walk across the room and sit at a table, I notice a newcomer at the table next to me playing a poker game with some locals. he throws his hand down and shoots up.
Newcomer-You a cheat!!!!!!!!
Buddy- i ain't cheated in my life, and is that a challange to duel?
Me- Buddy, u no the rules, anyone wants to duel, they duel me first.
Newcomer-yeah, that was a challange, and ill go through anyone to duel u.
Me-Alright, lets go outside and have a stright and clean duel.
We walk out to the road and face each other. i unhook my pistol and my dep. throws him a belt.
Me- u no the rules, one shot each, if neither of us die, then u admit wrong and never come back here again.
Newcomer- u have my word as a man, oh, and by the way, my name is jack ross.
Me- my name is Richad Sears.
At that we draw, he fires his shot short and hits my hand, severing a finger, i drop my gun and fall to my knees in pain, dropping my gun from my bleeding hand. my deps. and a few others run to me and cookie goes to get the doc.
As i kneel there jack turns tail and runs to a horse, and gallops out of town and into the horizon. leaving me with only a name and a stump on my hand.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:48 am
this_is_g8y
Do you want a short story or an actual book like story?

Either is fine.  

Louise the Bump Fairy

1,450 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Louise the Bump Fairy

1,450 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:02 am
searsrisenbunny:

That's an odd lead-in to the end I wrote. I see the thumb tie-in, but who are the people who work together? I can tell the sheriff is one, but who is the other?

Otherwise, I liked the speaking grammar you gave the characters- it made them feel a lot like classic wild west fiction. My favorite part, though, was that you mixed script writing format with short story format. That was so strange, so fourth wall breaking- but without breaking it,, it got me to pay twice as much attention to what I was reading once I came to it.

Overall, good.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:34 am
Louise the Bump Fairy
Write a story to go with the end of a story I put above, and I'll put it up for a vote, once we stop. If yours gets enough votes, you'll get a whole mess of random items from me.

Better? biggrin

Yep, thxs blaugh  

hazel843

searsrisenbunny rolled 20 100-sided dice: 16, 28, 29, 54, 17, 73, 94, 44, 49, 60, 31, 44, 50, 93, 50, 8, 84, 68, 24, 36 Total: 952 (20-2000)

searsrisenbunny

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:25 am
ok, i thank you for the praise, i just did it in 5 min of cramming, so there r some things i didn't think through, and who do u mean by the others? theres just a couple main players. ask me something specific and ill tell u something specific, (im really tired atm, which kinda makes me slow) cuz if u ask something vague ill go to china and back when i don't need to.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:58 pm
The "we" the narrator refers to in my ending. I didn't see where you linked that in, if you did.

And you're welcome. It *was* enjoyable.  

Louise the Bump Fairy

1,450 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

rivers-t

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:52 am
oww i love story writing cometitions ... i'll put one on later .. good idea though!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:30 am
Please do! Remember, no rush- there's a story count to reach overall, not a deadline.  

Vincent Ordep

KurimusonChishio

10,340 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:08 pm
The day is coming to an end and chilled Jack Rut sits before a roaring fire. In his left hand is a single malt whiskey and in his right is laying in his lap. Above the fire is a mantle were a small plain frame site in a place of honor. A small wodden frame only a thin layer of dust blocks the image of two friends. Friends as close as brothers, two friends forever parted. Laying back in his chair Jack stares up at the picture. 'I wonder what happened to him.'

------------------------flash--back-------------------------------------------------

Above, below, and all around bombs are going off. Jack is laying in a small hole under the fifth block of Sector C. A bandage rapped around the left side of his eye, the only reason he isn't out there fighting beside is team. Slowly he tightens his fists as another screams comes and marks the death of another one of his brothers in arms.

In through the small barely there door comes Tom Kipp Jack's closest friend. "We've had three deaths today so far and it's barely noon." "I wish I could go out there to help." "Yeah I know you do but with that still bandaged you'd be more of a problem then a help." "Yeah I know, just watch your back man." "I will, finish healin so we can watch each others backs again." "Yeah," with that Tom leaves the room.

As night falls an explosin louder then any before it rings out around the camp. Jack jumps up and runs to the door that is now caveing in. Running out and to where Tom sleeps he looks around despertly for his friend. All around there is a massive noise ringing out as men lay dieing, screaming in agony and betrayl. Turning quickly Jack heads towards the worse of the screaming.

There standing over the just shot body of his captain his Tom, a smoking gun in his hands. Jack takes a step back, eyes filled with shock, "why Tom? What have you done?" "Think Tom this government is corupted it's time to end it all. I've chosen my side so know choose yours." Jack reaches for a gun that was ounce within the grasp of one of his fallen alies. But as his right hand is upon it Tom pulls the trigger ounce more and causes Jack to fly back. His right hand is now thumbless and bleadin all over the place." "I'm sorry Jack but I can't have you against me." "We have been on different sides since you held up a gun agaist this country." "One day you will agree that what I'm doing is right. I had hoped that after evrything we went through growing up that youw ould join me." "We may have rode side by side in Montana, we have eaten at the same table of my mother and your father. We were brothers born into two different families and we may have watched each others back while gernades flew over head, but you ended it all with that last shot. One day I will get back at you. One day I'll take your thumb my old friend." Tom only shakes hid head and with a small laugh turns to leave me to lay there. To lay there in my self pity, blood, and pain. Leaves me there to think over the loss of my brother, for that man is not him. I don't know that man and I never will.

--------------end---------flash--------------back----------------------------------

Sitting up Jack stares into the flames, "my old friend I never saw you again did I. Where did you go, whatever became of you? I never learned these things but one day I know we'll meet again. Yes, in this world or the next, and then I'll keep my promise and take your thumb just as you took mine." Sighing he looks out the window at the setting sun. "Yes I'll hold out fot that, the day when we face again and chalenge out friendship and our loyalties to see who really betrayed who. And then my friend will you be my brother or my enemy."

I took another shot of whiskey and smirked at the sunset.

Horseshoes and hand grenades. Potatoes and gravy. Black and white. That's about how we worked, despite everything, worked. We liked it that way too.

I still might pay him back for my thumb.

"CAL" !~Contests and Lotto~!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff