Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
cops Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i fought the law...
  ...and the law won! yay!
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 pm
now, i've never really had a bad police experience except for once.

angel and i were living in kansas, and my lic. plate was stolen off my bug and some random one was put on in its place, only we didn't realize it until angel tried to get on an army base and they denied him entry.

turns out the plate that it was replaced w/was from a stolen car. stare they totally tried to arrest angel even though i was standing there practically screaming @ them that it was MY car! scream of course, around army bases, you see a lot of local cops hatin' on the military boys...

today, however, i had a lovely experience with a police officer!

((copy and pasted from my lj because yes i'm just that lazy...))

today was exciting @ school.

i got to call the cops.

yay.

~_~

we've had a lot of small-scale vandalism, petty thefts, animal abuse ((of the ducks in the pond)), etc.

well, today we were all playing capture the flag and here come these three boys. i'd dealt w/them before when they wanted in our gym to play basketball and i had to say no about a billion times.

one of the kids says to me "mrs judy! those are the bad boys who hurt the duck!" ((really, its a goose, but whatever)). so i turn to look and SURE ENOUGH one of those assholes kicks one of the geese! i was like WTF? there are CHILDREN present and in any case, YOU DON'T PROVE YOU'RE A MAN BY KICKING SOME POOR DEFENSELESS CRITTER!

so i raised my voice a bit and said to the boys "excuse me, boys! this is private property! its a school and a church so you'll need to be leaving!" and they start to shuffle off towards the baseball diamond ((i have no idea if that's public property or not, but i'm betting its not)).

on the way, one of them scoops up a blue ball that one of the teachers left outside. a boy says to me "mrs judy! that's my teacher's ball!" so i again raise my voice and say "boys! that blue ball there belongs to one of the teachers here! you'll need to leave it!"

and the little a*****e laughs @ me over his shoulder and says "SHUT UP!"

of course, pandemonium erupts. ALL of my cute little meek children immediately start screaming things like "YOU CAN'T TALK TO MRS JUDY THAT WAY!" and "GO AWAY! YOU'RE BAD!" and "WE HATE YOU!"

~_~ awesome.

meanwhile, i calmly took out my cell and called 911. ^_^

made a report, and the cops came out. i told them i felt a tad silly calling over a ball, but with the other vandalism and broken beer bottles and hurt geese, i just thought someone should do SOMETHING.

the cop i actually spoke to was hella nice ((AND CUTE! OMG FRECKLES! XD)), and he said that he knew EXACTLY who i was talking about because they'd been getting reports about them from the surrounding subdivisions. so he and another officer in a different car went up to the baseball diamond.

i also asked them if they could maybe have someone drive through more often than usual just to check out stuff, and they said they would. ^_^

yay! exciting!

allen ((my assistant)) is all up in arms about it though because it was three black boys and he threw a fit about how its people like THAT who perpetuate stereotypes and on and on and on. i told him i'd never felt like whitey so much in my whole life as when i had to tell the 911 operator what color they were. ;_;

what sucks though is, we had a REALLY GOOD day! we played tons of games, i taught them a new funny song, and then we played capture the flag! it was awesome!

and none of the parents will ever know THAT part because all the kiddos wanted to talk about were the police officers. *siiiiiiiiiigh*

so, discuss:

- assholes who do petty vandalism and hurt animals who're trying to protect their nests for fun? wtf's up with that?

- your own police-related experiences? good, bad, so-so?

- how badass are my children for telling them off, lol? xd

- cop uniforms: cute? not cute?  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:10 pm
Cop uniforms can be cute, sometimes. I'm not one for uniforms most of the time.

Plus you know, it really depends on who's wearing it. :]

And go kiddos! XD Way to stand up for your teacher.

How old are they?

Pachelbel Canon

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:13 pm
aprilness
Cop uniforms can be cute, sometimes. I'm not one for uniforms most of the time.

Plus you know, it really depends on who's wearing it. :]

And go kiddos! XD Way to stand up for your teacher.

How old are they?

the youngest ones are still 5 and the oldest is about 8 or 9. 3nodding i run the after-school program, so i get kids from grades tk-3rd. heart

i had to shush one of them though, she was actually trash talking and saying stuff like "YEAH! RUN AWAY! YOU WON'T BE BACK! GET OFF OUR PROPERTY!" sweatdrop i was like "whoa, honey! calm down!"

rofl  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:22 pm
I am loved by 8-9 year old boys whom I teach, so I know the feeling. sweatdrop heart It's nice when small children like you enough to speak up for you.

I haven't really had to deal with vandalism at work. The only sticky situation I have ever had to deal with is older children wanting to explain where babies come from to the younger ones. But I hold a firm iron fist and explain that that is NOT appropriate, and it is something people discuss with their parents.
3nodding I didn't get enough credit for doing that at the place where I used to work. LOL.  

MonsieurSponge

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:29 pm
rofl I don't think I could teach kids for a living. That can be tough stuff! O_o  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:32 pm
Naww its not that hard. biggrin  

angel_half82
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:57 pm
bluegrass cat

one of the kids says to me "mrs judy! those are the bad boys who hurt the duck!" ((really, its a goose, but whatever)). so i turn to look and SURE ENOUGH one of those assholes kicks one of the geese! i was like WTF? there are CHILDREN present and in any case, YOU DON'T PROVE YOU'RE A MAN BY KICKING SOME POOR DEFENSELESS CRITTER!

*puffs up* "hey guys, this one time, i was so tough, i uh, i kicked a goose! Yeah, thats right a goose!" rofl that would only be impressive if you were like 4 years old, and the goose was bigger than you were. lol mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:01 pm
XD OMG FRECKLES! made me laugh so much.

I wish I could teach kids. At my old school I would help out the teachers with them, giving them their treats, helping them spell and read and setting up the classroom for nap time.

There was this one little boy who was almost always alone, the other kids didn't like him much (I think it might have been that he was new) and I let him spend time with me after lunch. He wanted me to study so I could be his 4th grade teacher. I almost cried. >_< I miss that kid so much. crying

I haven't had any bad experiences with cops and hopefully I won't, but I did have many problems with neighbour schools. I went to a private school and our neighbour public schools pretty much hated our guts. They would throw water at us and dirt and they once spit on my dad's car. One day one of the guys that frequently bothered us took a huge a$# rock and smashed the front window of one of our teacher's NEW car. My English teacher ran after them which was pretty crazy since it was about five guys.
And one of my classmates while he was talking to me got his head rammed against the fence, a guy sneaked behind him a took him by the hair, I didn't even see the guy getting close to us. My old school (which I now live practically next to it) has had people shot next to it a few times. Hearing shots around here is like a normal routine now. >_>  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:56 pm
MissMunchieMonster

I wish I could teach kids. At my old school I would help out the teachers with them, giving them their treats, helping them spell and read and setting up the classroom for nap time.

There was this one little boy who was almost always alone, the other kids didn't like him much (I think it might have been that he was new) and I let him spend time with me after lunch. He wanted me to study so I could be his 4th grade teacher. I almost cried. >_< I miss that kid so much. crying

I haven't had any bad experiences with cops and hopefully I won't, but I did have many problems with neighbour schools. I went to a private school and our neighbour public schools pretty much hated our guts. They would throw water at us and dirt and they once spit on my dad's car. One day one of the guys that frequently bothered us took a huge a$# rock and smashed the front window of one of our teacher's NEW car. My English teacher ran after them which was pretty crazy since it was about five guys.
And one of my classmates while he was talking to me got his head rammed against the fence, a guy sneaked behind him a took him by the hair, I didn't even see the guy getting close to us. My old school (which I now live practically next to it) has had people shot next to it a few times. Hearing shots around here is like a normal routine now. >_>

dang! that sounds like a scary school! eek

this is a private school, too, but its also a church AND there's an old people's home across from the pond. a teacher's had her handbag stolen from her car, there's broken beer bottles all over the damn place and its just started happening since it got warm. stare which means these idiots aren't old enough to drive yet ((because lic'ed idiots do bad stuff all year)), and now they're harassing geese and stealing balls from small children.

swear to god, if i only had one of angel's paintball guns. 3nodding THEN the police could've identified them so much easier!

"why yes! i can describe them! the three boys covered in welts and blue paint! why welts and blue paint? because i shot them with my husband's paintball gun, of course! i wanted to make sure they were tagged for you!"

rofl  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:17 am
bluegrass cat
MissMunchieMonster

this is a private school, too, but its also a church AND there's an old people's home across from the pond. a teacher's had her handbag stolen from her car, there's broken beer bottles all over the damn place and its just started happening since it got warm. stare which means these idiots aren't old enough to drive yet ((because lic'ed idiots do bad stuff all year)), and now they're harassing geese and stealing balls from small children.

swear to god, if i only had one of angel's paintball guns. 3nodding THEN the police could've identified them so much easier!

"why yes! i can describe them! the three boys covered in welts and blue paint! why welts and blue paint? because i shot them with my husband's paintball gun, of course! i wanted to make sure they were tagged for you!"

rofl

Blue? pfft, either get 'em with pink (to show their manliness) or the glow-in-the-dark kind, so the cops would find them at night! Details, woman!!  

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:43 pm
Woah the police did something right =D The police in my town wouldn't have done anything sad  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:58 pm
churrlo
Woah the police did something right =D The police in my town wouldn't have done anything sad

yeah, our city's police department is ******** awesome and elite. our swat team is rated among the top in the nation ((although i can't even remember when they've ever been actually used IN lexington...i know they're called to louisville a lot, lol)).

from wiki:

Primary law enforcement duties within Lexington are the responsibility of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government Division of Police. The Division of Police resulted from the merger of the Lexington Police Department with the Fayette County Patrol in 1974. The Fayette County Sheriff's Office is responsible for court service, including court security, prisoner transport, process and warrant service, and property tax collection. In addition, the University of Kentucky Police Department, the Transylvania University Department of Public Safety, Blue Grass Airport Public Safety, the Veterans Affairs Police Department and the Kentucky Horse Park Police have jurisdiction within their geographic areas. In addition, the Lexington-Fayette Animal Care & Control excercises law enforcement over animal control issues and the Kentucky State Police, Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement and Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources can be seen performing their law enforcement duties on the highways and in the county.

yeesh, we have a lot of police-type people in lexington. sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:14 pm
Hehe Kentucky FTW ^^ I live in the wee town of Murray D: I'll be in Lexington for that Foreign Language Festival =o *random*  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:14 pm
bluegrass cat
MissMunchieMonster

rofl

XD Paint balls would be very helpful.
I have friends that went to those public schools, so not everyone hated us. School rivalries it's serious business. domokun

O_O I just remembered that one of the public school's walls and the swings got ran over by a bus that lost control, that happened recently, but it did happen a few times before. I get whiplash from looking at all side's when I walk around here. I still like this place, I've been here all my life. >_>  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:37 pm
thats just how "the man" is keeping us down.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff