Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
4am topic: Trevor needs advice or something. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

4am
  LONG POLL IS REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LONG
View Results

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:20 am
What is a 4am topic? Why, it's a topic written at 4am of course. If I am up past 3:30, I immediately stop whatever it is I am doing and begin following random links around the internets while falling asleep, listening to a single song on loop, and oh s**t what was I going to say next.... oh well, 4am.

Anyways, this is one of those topics I'll regret writing once I'm actually awake, but ******** it, I'm going to do it anyways since it's 4am. Pretty much basically the other day or something like that I made a topic in the FASHION forum (causing my balls to loose 15 manliness points) here or somewhere but whatever I write in the lifestyle forums is like 50% fabricated. But that doesn't mean this isn't a real issue or something.

Now in the real world I'd actually care enough about what you guys thought about me to avoid discussing this topic in a guild of people who I knew, but at 4Am the world doesn't actually exist so it doesn't matter.

MEANWHILE this is an actual identity crysis (lol that game sucked) as WHO I AM doesn't match WHAT I LOOK LYKE (though the pics are unrelated as usual). I don't need a new wardrobe, but the fact is that
1. I have money.
II. I could probably stand some improvement
C. Idealism kicks pragmatisms a**.

In other words, look at that topic I linked to but don't take it to heart, and tell me what the ******** I should do. I wanna look different, but I don't wanna stand out. I want to wear s**t that I think is cool, without looking like a f**.

I realize that fashion design may not have be as awesome as it is in animu, but that doesn't mean all clothing I wur needs to be generic. As long as I don't stand out too much or something. Pretty hard to do considering how ridiculous some of the people in our animu club are at skool.

I had a really good way to actually end this topic but now I can't think of it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:13 am
to be honest i havent got a clue, but thats never stopped me pulling something out of my a** before, and i doubt it will now. Even though i dont have the 4am excuse because its not 4am here >.<

Maybe you could try something involving lots of buckles and pockets, like maybe black jeans (lol i nearly put genes then xd ) and a red leather (ish >.<) jacket with millions of buckles and pockets, that looks tidy but interesting. You could always throw in a hat, but guys in hats tend to attract strange attention and probably stand out more than you want.  

Iconised Ghost

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 am
Well I know very little about whats in and thats out but I´ll give it a shot (and don´t hate me for trying to help).

Pants: I would go with some BDU military pants just because they can carry a s**t load of gear and they don´t usually break but since you don´t want to stand out alot, skip the camo and choose the once with just a single colour.

Shirt: I would go with Cyberwear shirts like cyberdog, just because they look futuristic.

Jacket: Again with the military stuff, I think you should go with the M65 Field Coat from Propper, because well it´s the same as the pants.

Shoes/Boots: If you like boots, wear boots if not get some high grade sneakers maybe some steel-toed once.

Other: A futuristic bag of some sort and some hi-tech headphones.

Well thats what I came up with hope you like it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 am
so in short, you want to dress nicer. but damn your too picky. i dont really have any fashion sense, i just find what matches and wear it. wal-marts clothing isnt EXTRMELY generic....  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:42 am
Thanatos Phoenix
Well I know very little about whats in and thats out but I´ll give it a shot (and don´t hate me for trying to help).

Pants: I would go with some BDU military pants just because they can carry a s**t load of gear and they don´t usually break but since you don´t want to stand out alot, skip the camo and choose the once with just a single colour.

Shirt: I would go with Cyberwear shirts like cyberdog, just because they look futuristic.

Jacket: Again with the military stuff, I think you should go with the M65 Field Coat from Propper, because well it´s the same as the pants.

Shoes/Boots: If you like boots, wear boots if not get some high grade sneakers maybe some steel-toed once.

Seconded.

No one can stop a badass in BDU pants no matter what country the pants are made in. I have 10 pairs in assorted camo patterns and 2 pairs of regular jeans.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:49 am
angel_half82
Thanatos Phoenix

Seconded.

No one can stop a badass in BDU pants no matter what country the pants are made in. I have 10 pairs in assorted camo patterns and 2 pairs of regular jeans.
I knew you were going to second this xd  

Thanatos Phoenix

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:03 pm
jfm567
so in short, you want to dress nicer. but damn your too picky. i dont really have any fashion sense, i just find what matches and wear it. wal-marts clothing isnt EXTRMELY generic....

Quite the same as jfm, I am. I just wear what I feel comfortable in and what looks like they go well together; usually a pair of jeans with a shirt, or something. I sometimes have a weird sense; back when I was in college, I had a black scarf, which I used to thread through two of the belt hoops on my jeans. No idea why, but I never seemed to get any weird glares from anyone.. o.o

Guess I was just trying to be unique. xd

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:08 pm
Thanatos Phoenix

n_n I already wear alot of camo. Mostly cargos, but I doubt that anyone would notice the shift from stylistic camo to something more practical.

Quote:

I guess, though it doesn't matter that much. I spend alot of time out in the evenings and at night, so I'm usually wearing a jacket.

Quote:

I dunno. That just doesn't seem to fit me. I know they're rather practical, but it isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I want something more stylistic, but everything I can find is a bit overly bold.

Quote:

I have flat feet, so there's not a ton of shoes I can wear. As of now I wear a pair of black goretex salomon's everywhere.

Quote:

I collect headphones, so this shouldn't be a problem. I don't know what a futuristic bag would be, though.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:36 pm
I bookmarked a few of those sites recommended in the fashion forum.

I typically dress in band t-shirts and jeans so I don't really think I could offer much advice although I think Than made a great suggestion. What I can say is that I've been craving a less "emo" style because I've recently despised that most of my t-shirts are black and have been craving a bit more color for my closet. (hell white will do as long as its not a black band tee) I do enjoy my hoodies though. I don't leave the house without one (even if I don't use the hood, It still looks cool.)

I've been looking for a street punk-ish style but don't exactly know where to find the things I'm looking for. Currently I crave styles similar to the character designs of The World Ends With You (If you want specifics look at the characters Neku, Kitaniji, Beat, Minamimoto, Kariya, and Higashizawa) while steering away from the more....how should I say..."gangster" styles. But like you said cloths aren't as cool IRL as they are in games/anime. I even checked OC's people made on Deviantart from the game and I wanted the styles even more.

Looking back on what I wrote...I don't think that was helpful at all. xd

Idk. In an attempt to try and be helpful: Why not try a beanie and some skater style vans?  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:50 pm
Dr Entropy
I bookmarked a few of those sites recommended in the fashion forum.

I typically dress in band t-shirts and jeans so I don't really think I could offer much advice although I think Than made a great suggestion. What I can say is that I've been craving a less "emo" style because I've recently despised that most of my t-shirts are black and have been craving a bit more color for my closet. (hell white will do as long as its not a black band tee) I do enjoy my hoodies though. I don't leave the house without one (even if I don't use the hood, It still looks cool.)

I've been looking for a street punk-ish style but don't exactly know where to find the things I'm looking for. Currently I crave styles similar to the character designs of The World Ends With You (If you want specifics look at the characters Neku, Kitaniji, Beat, Minamimoto, Kariya, and Higashizawa) while steering away from the more....how should I say..."gangster" styles. But like you said cloths aren't as cool IRL as they are in games/anime. I even checked OC's people made on Deviantart from the game and I wanted the styles even more.

Looking back on what I wrote...I don't think that was helpful at all. xd

Idk. In an attempt to try and be helpful: Why not try a beanie and some skater style vans?

I hate beanies. ._. I do like some street clothes, though.

Emo unfortunately assimilated and then slaughtered all post-punk fashion.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:52 pm

For the stuff you don't want to make noise and move in pockets, how about a casual tool belt? Sideways, or as a belt. Different, but if you get a simple enough one it won't stand out much.

I wear pants and a teeshirt. Occasionally a long sleave shirt under the t-shirt, or a sweatshirt/jacket/hoodie over T-shirt. I have a sweatshirt with two zippered front pockets, most light jackets have the two pockets too.

If you are going for a military theme, how about a sash thing with a lot of pockets? Something one might use of ammo or a photographer for gear. If you get the right one to match your look it won't look nerdy.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:58 pm
@ Trev: Yes I know I'm a bit late in realizing that so I'm steering away from it. Truthfully I wouldn't mind wearing what I have on my avatar.  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Look in girl clothes sections for inspiration. I like boys sweatshirts, hoodies, jackets and pants. (I cant's stand girl pants that I can't pull on, let alone that have only two pockets, that are so small and tight they are inuseable. >.> )

Pay attention to layering, and the accesories.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:14 pm
(I know I'll be benefiting from this thread)

I usually wear jeans and a black tee-shirt. Lately I've been bored of the black shirts, so I've been branching out my color. You should check out Hot Topic if you have one. Their non-goth/non-all black stuff is pretty sweet.  

Artanus

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Artanus
(I know I'll be benefiting from this thread)

I usually wear jeans and a black tee-shirt. Lately I've been bored of the black shirts, so I've been branching out my color. You should check out Hot Topic if you have one. Their non-goth/non-all black stuff is pretty sweet.

I'm trying to avoid being labeled. You can't wear stuff from hot topic without being stereotyped. ._.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff