Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Pokemon Red and Blue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KSAY

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:31 pm
Sooo... anywayz I'm going to talk about the most amazing event in my life that involved pokemon. First off I was 7 years old and I already had beaten Pokemon Blue, and when I heard Pokemon Red was coming out it was like
"OH MY FRICKIN GOOOOSSHHH!!!!! NEW POKEY-MAN GAMEZZZ!!!!!" and I saved up a months worth of milk money (which is probably why I'm so short now sad ) and bought the game. At first I was like,
"OH MY FRICKIN GOOOOSSHHH!!!!! NEW POKEY-MAN GAME!!!!!" but then after playing it for a while I noticed everything was the EXACT SAME!!! THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS EVERYTHING WAS RED TINTED INSTEAD OF BLUE!!!
I have never played another pokemon game since then.... Except for Pokemon Stadium 1... AND COME ON THAT WAS INDEED A GREAT GAME YOU CAN'T FIGHT THE CLASSICS!!!! scream

....Enough ranting for me.... Mmkay BYE!!! xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:10 pm
Wasn't Pokemon Blue and Red games that came out the same time?

And then Pokemon Yellow... I loved that cute little Pikachu that didn't ever evolve that followed you around <333  

tulin13

Friendly Wolf

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Chraelix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:43 pm
About the similarity between Red and Blue: They were made that way because Nintendo wanted a way to make more money. So, they put certain Pokes in Blue, and certain Pokes in Red so that it was required to trade Pokemon; therefore forcing fans to buy the games. It's like this in all generations of Pokemon games; not just Red/Blue/Yellow, but also in Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen, and Diamond/Pearl. An upside to this 'money milking' scheme by Nintendo is that the differences between the particular games within a certain generation creates more friendships, or strengthens them. So, don't boycott the Pokemon games just because they have similarities. If you don't want to play the same game over again, then just buy one of the games within a generation. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:13 pm
I used to sit in the back of a lecture hall my first semester of college back in the fall of '99 playing Pokemon Blue. biggrin That was my intro to Pokemon games...

(This is not an endorsement for goofing off during class or ignoring professors. I was simply 18 and boneheaded back then. Paying attention in class is a good thing. Especially when many profs test from notes and not from the book. razz )  

jess_squared

KSAY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:01 pm
Paying attentionz for newbz 3:l  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:12 pm
*sighs* Pokemon Blue... the game that changed my life for the better. <3
I own all of the "Versions," but I'd have to say the one that I play the most is Yellow. I LOVE the little Pikachu! <333  

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
TepidFern rolled 3 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 3 Total: 10 (3-18)

TepidFern

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:35 pm
ooooooooeaaaaah! i LOVED the pokemon "versions"! i started out with red and blue, then i found a yellow version in our house, then i kept getting others. the one i probably clocked in the most time would be...crystal. too bad a few of my pokemon games where i actually spent time with em got messed up... X_x not much of a stadium person, but pokemon snap ruled! and "hey you pikachu". yep, still have that, an the mic XD
i know how to get mew without a code majigger or gameshark (somethin like those)! so i is happeh, but mew only knows "transform" as the best..
i love charmeleon! ditto's keiwl cuz he can transform into any pokemon i like! :3  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games