Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
ITS ONIGIRI DAY! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mmmm, tasty treats are tasty!
  om nom nom nom
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:27 am
yay! sunday is onigiri day for angel and i!

every sunday, we head down to hibari market and pick up some DELICIOUS prawn and salmon filled onigiri, some cc lemon to wash it all down w/and usually a box of pocky or something equally delicious!

so i was curious, does anyone else have a special treat they only get once a week, month, year, whatever?

and if you do, what is it, why's it special, and how does it make you feel when ya eat it?

cause onigiri makes me feel FABULOUS and full of energy and really, really happy for no apparent reason. xd

oooh, maybe they sneak crack into them...that would explain it!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:03 am
Never heard it. XD explain? >.<  

-iSnug-

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:19 am
Never bought onigiri in a store (No onigiri stores in Sweden) but since I´m a master chef I make my own onigiri xd

But right now I don´t have any Japanese rice left so I can´t make any... crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:56 am
Moo's special treat she gets rarely is sushi! I love eating it cause its squishy and yummy. It makes me feel like I'm eating delicious gummies. :3  

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:10 am
-Crunchy-Sponge-

onigiri are japanese rice balls that are shaped like rounded triangles ((or sometimes in other shapes, but @ hibari they do the traditional triangle)) and are stuffed with delicious filling and then wrapped in a piece of nori ((dried seaweed)).

they're HELLA good and i LOVE the ones @ hibari except for the kelp ones. xp too salty!

@ than: that's so coolio that you make your own! they're such a hassle to make, idk how you have the patience! i'm verra greatful that we have a large japanese-american population here ((yay toyota plant!)), so we have tons of japanese grocery stores and restaurants. 3nodding

@ moo: yes, i adore sushi, too! xd looooove eel rolls and anything spicy! mmmmm....

angel needs to get home NAOW cause i'm hella hungry! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:23 am
We have a market down the street that sells onigiri.

i've actually never had it. stressed  

MonsieurSponge

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:25 am
EggaxSponge
We have a market down the street that sells onigiri.

i've actually never had it. stressed

dude, go buy some! they're so good! 3nodding

i didn't even know hibari HAD onigiri until about two years after i started buying sushi from them. sweatdrop it wasn't my fault though since they keep the onigiri by the stuffed breads! wtf? i still dunno how THAT makes any sense! stare moochi cake does NOT belong next to onigiri.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:45 am
Wait, where do you live that you can get C.C. Lemon!? I've never seen it around where I live.

I have a rice cooker, but have yet to find a place that sells sticky rice. When i do, I can make my own onigiri.  

Artanus

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:46 am
Well, something I like having every once in awhile is Pizza. I don't buy it often, but I luffs it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:39 am
bluegrass cat
-Crunchy-Sponge-

onigiri are japanese rice balls that are shaped like rounded triangles ((or sometimes in other shapes, but @ hibari they do the traditional triangle)) and are stuffed with delicious filling and then wrapped in a piece of nori ((dried seaweed)).

they're HELLA good and i LOVE the ones @ hibari except for the kelp ones. xp too salty!

@ than: that's so coolio that you make your own! they're such a hassle to make, idk how you have the patience! i'm verra greatful that we have a large japanese-american population here ((yay toyota plant!)), so we have tons of japanese grocery stores and restaurants. 3nodding

@ moo: yes, i adore sushi, too! xd looooove eel rolls and anything spicy! mmmmm....

angel needs to get home NAOW cause i'm hella hungry! crying
Now i know what ur talkign about smile thanks  

-iSnug-

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:04 pm
Because I want to be evil I´m going to post it twisted

User Image

To everyone who said sushi, I know how to make it xd

But if I want to make some yummy food I often go for japanese cuisine (which I make my self) 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:55 pm
Thanatos Phoenix

User Image

But if I want to make some yummy food I often go for japanese cuisine (which I make my self) 3nodding

omg!! that looks so yummy! crying i want it so bad. but i'm moving to da mountains and there is pratically nothing up there and defnitly no japanese resturonts or stores!  

Marurashi

Artanus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:58 pm
Thanatos Phoenix

User Image

*drools* XD I have that stuff, like once every month, or more. My family constantly goes to this great sushi Thai place.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:45 pm
im not a fan of sushi much. I love the sushi rice, especially if you double the amount of vinegar you're supposed to put it in, but actual sushi- i'll pass >.< but other japanese foods are godly 4laugh theres this lovely, tiny japanese place about 20mins walk from me, they do awesome lunch boxes, with teriyaki chicken and all sorts of goodies  

Iconised Ghost

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:00 pm
Pretty much any Japanese food is a treat for me. Because the damn gas prices have gone up so much, I hardly ever get to go to our local Asian Market and buy my foods. I like Pocky, Teriyaki Chicken, Yakisoba, Miso Soup, Rice (of course! xD) and lots of little Japanese candies.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff