Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sylvia Griffin

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:18 am
Hey there, I appreciate you looking at this. Me, being somewhat pathetic and somewhat inadept at Pokemon (EV training and breeding both totally escape my understanding), cannot catch Uxie, and therefore I KNOW I won't be able to catch Azelf. I used my Master Ball on Mesprit.

So, I was thinking, are there any kind, generous people willing to loan me the other two lake legendaries just to get them in my dex? I will use my Mesprit as collat, if that's okay, but if you would rather have me use something else I'd be open to it...I don't really have anything particularly rare though, except my Darkrai from the recent event...?

If you don't feel comfortable loaning a Pokemon to someone you don't know I totally understand, but if it helps, I swear that you'll get it back immediately. =3
Oh, and even if you don't want to lend, tips on catching Uxie and Azelf would be highly appreciated? biggrin

^^ Thanks for the tips =D  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:51 am
Tips:

Save before you battle them. That way if you accidentally KO, you can reset the game and start the battle over again.

Have lots of potions and revives on you so you can pound away at them and not knock your own team out.

It really is a battle of attrition if you have difficulty catching Pokemon.. You need to get their HP down low, and try and get some status change on them like sleep or paralysis. They're easier to catch that way.  

jess_squared

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:04 am
I'd rather not. I'd simply catch some for you to keep but none of my games in the right place to do that. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:12 am
jess_squared
Tips:

Save before you battle them. That way if you accidentally KO, you can reset the game and start the battle over again.

Have lots of potions and revives on you so you can pound away at them and not knock your own team out.

It really is a battle of attrition if you have difficulty catching Pokemon.. You need to get their HP down low, and try and get some status change on them like sleep or paralysis. They're easier to catch that way.

Hmm...I've been getting it down to 1 HP and putting it to sleep, it still hasn't been working...

Uh, does what level your Pokemon is affect the catch rate at all? I seem to remember that you can catch low-level Pokemon extremely easily with higher-level ones out when you throw the ball...  

Sylvia Griffin

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:15 am
TheSilverGriffin
jess_squared
Tips:

Hmm...I've been getting it down to 1 HP and putting it to sleep, it still hasn't been working...

Uh, does what level your Pokemon is affect the catch rate at all? I seem to remember that you can catch low-level Pokemon extremely easily with higher-level ones out when you throw the ball...

It doesn't affect, they just take a lot of pokeballs to catch.

You can also increase your chances by using Dusk Balls since Uxie and Azelf are both inside caves. It might still take something like 15 to 30 Dusk Balls just to catch one, even after bringing it down to 1 HP and Sleep it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:57 pm
At least you caught Mespirit as i'm still trying to catch it and you don't need to catch the legendaries for the pokedex as you just need to see them. I have a manaphy on mine cause my friend somehow got two so gave one to me.  

Gingeria

jess_squared

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:06 pm
Hah, I was going to suggest Dusk Balls just now as well, to add on to my original set of tips.

I have amazingly good luck with dusk balls...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:14 pm
well ill get u a uxie for free cuz my game is messed up cuz i gets lots of master balls from wild sevipers 3nodding  

Fire Wolf Ifrit

Sylvia Griffin

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:14 pm
Thanks guys, for the tip on Dusk Balls. =] I managed to get them. XDD~~ now I have Poke Radar yaaay~~ ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:48 pm
I once threw 90+ Ultra Balls at Mewtwo in LeafGreen.  

Jshin

"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff