Still in the Past

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caterina de Medici

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:17 am

Well for me, I'm still playing with some of the old game systems and hand held games. I haven't really wanted any of the new technology because I think that it doesn't look all that its cracked up to be. So I'm stil using the Nintendo 64 (Kirby, 007, Mario Tennis, Quake 2, Hydrothunder)
Gameboy color (Pokemon Gold, Mario's Island Adventures, Antz)
Playstation 2: although not that old (Inuyasha, Naruto, GTA Vice City)

Anyone else like the old game systems, and are the new one's all that great? Maybe I'll invest in one.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:26 pm

i've been playing super mario bros

bulbasaur27

Girl-Crazy Lover

10,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Tipsy 100

MidnightHybrid

Dapper Gawker

6,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:49 pm

I love my N64. I'll never like any system more than that one. It was my first and favorite.
I need to find some games that I haven't played for it yet.
I'm still enjoying Mario Kart, Banjo Kazoie, Mario 64, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium (the best one... I don't like the one for GC, haven't played for the wii yet.) And a few others.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:49 pm

User Image
.I would try to convince you to get a 360, but you sound like a (and take no offense from this) nintendo freak.
(again, no offense) Nintendo, in my opinion, is the lowest game company of the three.
it goes something like this in my mind:
Microsoft
Sony
Nintendo.

It's sad but true. Mario and link are starting to get old. they have 6 billion games and the people at microsoft and sony are actually making games with at the most: 7 sequels. and that's a lot for them. I must say i'm getting sick of all the final fantasies, but hey, they have different characters and story lines.
Mario's story line: Solve easy-as-s**t puzzles, kick bowser's a** and rescue the princess who makes you a cake instead of getting you laid.
...i think chell would rather get cake though.

Links story line: You and your retarded(seriously, i mean it. she has no brain) fairy get out of a little village after somehow losing your sword from the last game and becoming a simple wimp again, then slowly earn some little crystals that should be worth more than you think they should be, and rescue the damsel in distress who can turn into some manly chick with ninja powers and defeat the guy who always captures her who can turn into a giant evil boar-wolf thing.
but in the newest one, you can turn into a wolf and ditch your gay-a** fairy to hang with an evil 3D shadow. ISN'T IT TRUE??

Haha, but hey. Some people are stupid enough to look past it and say "HEY, I DIDN'T KNOW MARIO COULD DEFY GRAVITY IN SPACE AND BREATHE IN SPACE!! NO WAI, THATS TOTALLY (not) WORTH MY TIME! THATS WORTH A FEW BRAIN CELLS." that seriously, that game, makes my brain hurt more than portal does. And that's saying something. Portal makes you wanna puke. sometimes...that game is great, but its really laws-of-physics-defying. xDD

You don't have to take my advice, though. I'm just as much an influence as a weighted companion cube.
User Image

Chell of Aperture

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 pm

The newest game machines I have are the DS Lite and PS2.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:58 pm

I would say stick with the ps2, because the ps3 is not backwards compatible... at least not without a ton of work.

The DS isn't a bad way to go. Especially if you have friends with one. Because it's great to play with lots of people, and only one person has to actually own the game.

This is just what I think.

blandisher

ThanatosOfTheEnd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:34 pm

For the PS2, get Persona 3 FES. It's a great game
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items