Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Husky? So that's what they call them these days... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HUSKY
  DOG
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:36 am
lol, my mom is mad right now. scream We went to Wal-Mart today, and my mom was looking for a Shamoo. You know those Moo-moo nightgown things? Well, my father called it a Shamoo once, so now we just call them Shamoos. xd So, we found some nice shamoos, and we look at the price. *ahem* "$7.95 - Husky Sizes $1 More". My mother happens to be one of the "fuller" women you may see. sweatdrop We thought it was funny, but we also took it offensive. So now they're calling the Plus sized women Husky? I took a picture on my phone and we sent it to my mom's sister (who happens to be Ace's Mother). She said it was discrimination too.

Mom was joking and said, "I'd rather sleep naked than pay $1 more for my shamoo. AND I'M NOT HUSKY!" rofl

So, let's discuss:
Gipzonite Stores
How hard it is to find decent "husky" sized clothing
Discrimination in stores and fashion trends

Ever notice that most models are almost anorexic? Not too many "husky" models out there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:27 am
No, I think what they meant was that they make them for those dogs, huskies, you know people and their crazy pet clothing these days. biggrin  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:30 am
lol, I don't think so. xd They were in the "Plus Size Women" section.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:17 pm
Wow, the far west isn't very discreet, when it comes to clothing sizes, is it? They actually section it into "normal" and Plus? To call it "Husky" size, as well.. that's harsh. Are they comparing women to animals, now? Will the smaller sizes be something like "Chipmunk" or "Cat" in a few months time?
XD

Shhhhhhhhh.. you're giving away their secret! =x

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:25 pm
Kitsukage
Wow, the far west isn't very discreet, when it comes to clothing sizes, is it? They actually section it into "normal" and Plus? To call it "Husky" size, as well.. that's harsh. Are they comparing women to animals, now? Will the smaller sizes be something like "Chipmunk" or "Cat" in a few months time?
XD

Shhhhhhhhh.. you're giving away their secret! =x

lol, I live in the Southeast USA. xd Yeah, even in some of the kids areas in the malls, it says "Kids"and "Plus Size Kids".

It will be funny when they have an anorexic section called the "Twigs". xd

I know it's mean, but it's true.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:43 pm
Midori Hayashi
lol, I live in the Southeast USA. xd Yeah, even in some of the kids areas in the malls, it says "Kids"and "Plus Size Kids".

I live in Europe, anyway; you really are "Far West" to me. XD God, they eaven tease little kids about their size? That's just harsh and mean.. God, I'd love it if someone spoke up and slapped the stores around. XD

Gotta love the "Twigs" section. Where people dream, and the ones that starve themselves to twigginess really do fit in. Go for it, Models! Oh noes.. I'm saying it, now.. =x

Well, I can't argue; truth is truth, after all.. XD

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:50 pm
Kitsukage
Midori Hayashi

I live in Europe, anyway; you really are "Far West" to me. XD God, they eaven tease little kids about their size? That's just harsh and mean.. God, I'd love it if someone spoke up and slapped the stores around. XD

Gotta love the "Twigs" section. Where people dream, and the ones that starve themselves to twigginess really do fit in. Go for it, Models! Oh noes.. I'm saying it, now.. =x

Well, I can't argue; truth is truth, after all.. XD

lol, my bad. sweatdrop The yeah, us westerners are just mean. xd

I just feel bad for the kids who have to shop there, and who get mean looks from the surrounding kids in the regular sizes.

BTW, I was shopping for bathing suits with my friend, and I usually fit into a Medium, right? I tried it on, and I about collapsed because it was so tight on my chest. Then my friend tried it on next. She has a conpletely flat chest (she's a little late xD) and it still about killed her to put it on. I would hate to see the smallest size. eek A medium swimsuit usually falls off of her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:08 pm
lol you guys are all the far north to me mrgreen

why "husky"? I mean, seriously, how do you come up with something like that? Full bodied, larger, well rounded, but husky? thats just plain odd  

Iconised Ghost

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:10 pm
I will always care about you....
I agree with Kit xD Us English would never see that. Women sizes are like 8,10,12,14,16,18,20 and maybe bigger xD smaller than that is like age 11-13 and stuff >.< male stuff is inches I think?
...Because I love you!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:18 pm
Yes! You people are agreeing with me. heart My friend IRL are like, "Uhh...well it's true you know. Huskies are big dogs, so it only makes sense to call people husky if they'e big. You're being over sensitive." rolleyes  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:05 pm
Zaoth Kun
I will always care about you....
I agree with Kit xD Us English would never see that. Women sizes are like 8,10,12,14,16,18,20 and maybe bigger xD smaller than that is like age 11-13 and stuff >.< male stuff is inches I think?
...Because I love you!

S, M, L, XL, etc. for tops, Waist by Leg (in inches (e.g. 32"x34") for trousers, jeans, etc. Though I'm a jeans addict, so its probably melting into my other sizing options. XD

@ Midori: XD
No kidding. Looks like we've found a new counterpart to racism; we'll call it sizism. Down with sizism! domokun

The American sense must have melted into them.. poor souls.. o.o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:07 pm
Midori Hayashi
Yes! You people are agreeing with me. heart My friend IRL are like, "Uhh...well it's true you know. Huskies are big dogs, so it only makes sense to call people husky if they'e big. You're being over sensitive." rolleyes

that makes no sense at all. St Bernards a bigger than huskies, so by that token, shouldnt they be called "saint bernard women"?  

Iconised Ghost

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:09 pm
Iconised Ghost
Midori Hayashi

that makes no sense at all. St Bernards a bigger than huskies, so by that token, shouldnt they be called "saint bernard women"?

lol, that would be funny, but mean. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 pm
yeah xd but the puppies are so adorable!

German Shepards are about the same size as huskies right? Why not "german shepard women" then? They sound like angry women xd  

Iconised Ghost

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm
lol, funny. xd Great Pyrenese are very big too. We had 2 of them at the shelter, and they ate as much food in 1 meal as I eat in a whole day.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff